Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 06:58 AM

947 posts, read 297,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
AOC? She’s Catholic. Why do you imply she’s Muslim?
You're right - my mistake. I thought the other poster was talking about Omar. Sometimes these Squad members just blend one into the other, although I'll give you that AOC isn't evil - just naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 07:01 AM

947 posts, read 297,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
One of my US Army's Company Commanders i served with in Iraq was KIA from an ambush during a meeting with the some tribal leaders in Afghanistan. The shooter was a friendly Afghan national turned enemy.

You see a lot of Taliban fighters decked out in modernized body armor, helmet, NVG, and rifles? I guarantee that those guys were form ANA soldiers trained and equipped by us. Now they are fighting with the Taliban.

Out of the 50K unvetted (or even the vetted ones) Afghan refugees flying to the US, how many do you think will turn into sleeper cell terrorists once they land on US soil?
Muslim terrorists are taught that it is OK to lie in order to achieve their objective. They will cut off their beards and dress in Western garb (think the 9/11 terrorists) to fit in.

Some of the Afghan refugees will find their way to Minneapolis - the breeding ground for Islamic terror.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
It's bit difficult to scare a suicide bomber type with threats of being sent back to the Taliban.

We have a Afghan resident in our country who decided it would be a great idea to commit a terrorist act. He was assimilating all he needed for his attack when he was caught. Now why would he do that? We gave him a new home and that was his way of showing his gratitude? Think about that for a moment.

Those cases in Europe are worse than what has been mentioned here. Why was that terrorist in France released? Because he need mental help? No, think again. It was because the authorities feared the repercussions from his group. That is what is going on in Europe. It's a different kind of terrorism.
Sounds like you keep up with the news in other countries. Well done!

I wish people would stop bringing up Muslims already living here. Yes, we're aware. I work with many and some of my friends are Muslim. It's not that they're Muslim - it's the culture. I cannot repeat that enough. The culture is different and times are different. They do not assimilate.

And for God's sake, none of us should be supportive of Sharia Law.

I really WISH some of you cared as much about our Veterans as you do people crossing the border illegally and those being flown in from other countries.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:50 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Did she really say that? That's because she wants as many Muslims as possible here, to vote in more America-hating Muslims like herself. Faster to destroy it that way.
AOC is Muslim?

Does she know that?

Old 08-26-2021, 09:29 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I work for CBP, so i know quite a bit more than the average citydata about screening and visa.

The Afghanistan withdrawal fiasco started about 2 weeks ago. During that 2 weeks US State Department was able to issue 50,000 SIV visas to Afghanistan nationals?

Do people realize it takes literally months or even years to process a visa, especially in a country with poor governmental infrastructure and terrorist hotbed like Afghanistan?

I'm sure State Department can print out SIV visas like free fliers for a ****ty free concert, but that defeats the purpose of a visa.

You still questioning this after this fiasco withdrawal from Astan by this administration?
she's in another thread praising president houseplant for 'listening to the military and intelligence'

i did you not.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's not fitting the narrative so far. The Afghans have not been flown to the USA yet.

Resettling Afghans has been ongoing. Air base in NJ has been receiving.

After criticizing Biden for not resettling those who helped the US, some Fox News hosts claimed Biden was resettling millions of Afghans.

Once again, what’s going on in Afghanistan shares many of the characteristics of the last days in Vietnam.
The big difference is that Afghanistan is land- locked. Despite this, the Pentagon chartered commercial carrier planes to help get more people out.

Saigon descended into chaos in 1975, despite 2 years of planning. The WH vs Pentagon vs media on the ground routinely contradicted each other.

Imagine most Afghans prefer to be resettled in the west, regardless of their prior history of helping the US and allies, no diff than the Vietnamese did in the 70’s. Afghanistan is a very poor country and the economic engine has been committed to a complete withdrawal since at least 2019 when the Trump Admin began negotiating with the Taliban.

Over the weekend saw a clip of a woman in traditional dress boarding a flight with 27 members of her extended family. Her English was flawless and she likely was employed by the US in some capacity in the past. She expressed her sadness leaving her country.

All of the 9/11 hijackers were legally admitted to the US. 15/19 did so on passports from US any, Saudi Arabia.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
That red head, and then later at the Pentagon briefing both claimed they had no numbers available. Do you believe they don't know or how could they not know? Oh never mind, biden only knows his favorite ice cream flavor.
How could they know?

US civilians have been strongly advised to avoid travel to Afghanistan, for years.

US civilians have always had the freedom to ignore ^ and Not register their arrival, plans and intended departure with the US embassy.

US civilians have have been strongly advised to leave since at least 2019. Obviously thousands ignored this.

If there is room on a flight, it’s likely a 19 year old soldier deciding who boards vs not. Troops on the ground may or may not be following orders. Same deal in Vietnam in 1975. It all descends into chaos.

Not clear how the Trump Admin expected a different outcome, given only 2500 troops remained at year end, 2020 and the US had facilitated the release of 5000 Taliban fighters from Afghan prisons. Through the end of August, Trump continued to advocate for complete withdrawal by the 5/1 / 2021 target date.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:30 AM

16,072 posts, read 10,732,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
No visa also means no background check.
You should volunteer to go over there to help process visas.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
No vetting, no vaccines, no clue.. What could possibly go wrong??

We can only pray that the FBI is keeping track of potential threats but they do not exactly have the best track record...
Most Afghans live in mountainous rural tribal communities. Reportedly only 10% of the population lives in urban areas. What kind of deep vetting do you think Afghan has been capable of, all along?

As I understand it, Qatar is vaccinating those in transit to the west. No idea if US civilians and Afghans are given the opportunity to decline.

The adult US population has only recently crossed the 50% fully vaccinated rate. States range from a low in Alabama of 36.74 to a high of 67.54 in Vermont. This stat does not tell the full story that vaccinated rates are highly variable within all states. There are counties where no one has been vaccinated. There are nursing homes where only 20% of employees who care for the most vulnerable, are vaccinated.

Those Afghans being resettled in the US are being processed by military bases. Unlike US civilians, hoping these refugees are not given a choice to vaccinate or not.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Really need to be cautious. Even if they are good people, they could be radicalized later.

The Florida gay club shooter was from Afghanistan.
Boston bombers were from Chechenia.
The Orlando mass shooter was born at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center.

Radicalized people abound in the US and include far right and left extremists, gang members and assorted whack jobs. The single deadliest mass shooting in the US happened in Las Vegas on 10/1/ 2017. In a span of 10 minutes the 64 year old mass shooter killed 58 and injured 867. While theories abound, no one knows why he did what he did beyond he could and did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies