Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 09:10 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Learn to spell.
That's a helpful post. NOT

Old 08-26-2021, 09:10 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
All those who refuse to get vaccinated need to be isolated for the survival of humanity, on a small island in Alaska for the duration. They can prove their foolish stubbornness from there.
The survival of humanity is outside of a private citizen's scope of jurisdiction and therefore private citizens do not have a duty of care to the 'survival of humanity'. You can go pound whatever you like but leave the rest of us alone. I'm vaxxed so **** off, but I made a voluntary, informed decision and everyone else is entitled to do the same. No one has an obligation to put themselves at what they deem to be an unacceptable risk (how they deem it so is up to them) for you, me, anyone else, including all of humanity.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:11 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Advocating people make their own decisions and being against mandates is considered to be an "anti-vaxxer" POV now.
That is your POV but may not be others' POV.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:12 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Yes! Give the unvaccinated a yellow star and a tattoo!

Turn on the showers and fire the ovens.

No showers, but burning their corpses post mortem is not a bad idea in order to help halt the spread.

All joking aside, this is serious stuff. Virus are potentially deadly. People need to stop playing their contrarian game, nobody is impressed, and get immunized. Not to worry, it doesn't even sting. Not even a little, and perhaps somebody could give them a Lollypop afterwards.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:13 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Labels aside, only one side demands everyone else follow their beliefs.

I don't care about labels as much as what people want to DO with those labels.
And the other side spreads misinformation. That's why their both problematic. And it's not everyone on those sides.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:13 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
That's a helpful post. NOT
Like you'd know!!

Old 08-26-2021, 09:15 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
You can believe whatever silly BS you want to, but the survival of Humanity requires you get vaccinated. Of course, if you chose not to, off to that Alaska Island you go, but only for the duration of the pandemic. Enough of your childish games.

Exhibit A that Pro-vaxxers want to impose medical authoritarianism on everyone.

And I'm fully vaccinated since April.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:19 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Here's my stance on it. I'm vaccinated primarily because my family got COVIDS last year and my wife had a devastating time trying to get through it and it took her months to recover. The physical and mental horrors that we went through were very hard on our family. Then her dad got it, and he almost passed. Then my cousin and her husband at the other end of the state got it and her husband passed away.

I do believe that everyone should get vaccinated, however I don't hold anyone who doesn't share my belief in contempt. I think that there's justification to why people are hesitant given the lack of trust of the Government right now and the current barrage of conflicting information out there that we are supposed to wade through to make a decision. Couple that with people trying to polarize us instead of work to unify us and we have a perfect storm.

I try to remember that it's a dynamic situation. Our decisions are driven a lot by personal experience and for those who haven't had a negative experience with the virus your viewpoint on the vaccine and the virus in general may absolutely be different than mine.

We would be a lot better off if we could have conversations that include a little more understanding from both sides instead of immediately assuming that if you don't pick a side, you're the enemy. The enemy is the virus, not the people. Just because politics tend to be a two party system with us versus them doesn't mean this situation should be.

For those who are vaccinated, you're doing the world a disservice by chastising anyone who has a different point of view. The same holds true for the unvaccinated. There's too much of an effort to simply try to disprove anyone who doesn't agree with a certain point of view (in my opinion, to make someone feel better about their own decision), instead of trying to find a real solution. When you attempt to dismiss another's viewpoint without actually listening to it, they shut down and dig in their heels. You can forget convincing anyone else to get the vaccine with that frame of mind.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
No showers, but burning their corpses post mortem is not a bad idea in order to help halt the spread.

All joking aside, this is serious stuff. Virus are potentially deadly. People need to stop playing their contrarian game, nobody is impressed, and get immunized. Not to worry, it doesn't even sting. Not even a little, and perhaps somebody could give them a Lollypop afterwards.
I made a thread about MASS PSYCHOSIS, you should check it out....

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-becomes.html

Old 08-26-2021, 09:24 AM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Just going by what I’ve read on here, my FB and other comments.
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. I’ve read people call if Karma. Saying they should be denied medical treatment. Wishing harm or death on unvaccinated people. Calling them murders. You’re supposed to be the “good” people who care about all yet can say such awful things?

This is not a debate over whether blue or green is the best color. That's opinion. Vaccinations are overwhelmingly supported by the medical community as effective in preventing the spread of CV19. That's science. If I like blue and you like green, no harm, no foul. Failing to get vaccinated puts other people in harm's way. That's worth getting upset about. How would you feel if one of your neighbors careened down the street at a high rate of speed while drunk while your kids are waiting for the school bus every morning? I suspect you'd be pretty angry. You'd be even angrier if you confronted the guy and he said: "My body, my choice. I can drink if I want. It's none of your business."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies