Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2021, 12:09 AM

7,160 posts, read 4,716,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Just going by what I’ve read on here, my FB and other comments.
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. I’ve read people call if Karma. Saying they should be denied medical treatment. Wishing harm or death on unvaccinated people. Calling them murders. You’re supposed to be the “good” people who care about all yet can say such awful things?
So, when was the last time anti vaccers were nice to anybody who disagrees with them? How nice are anti vaccers to the people who need a hospital bed after an MI, a stroke, etc?

Talk about a sense of entitlement.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:40 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,582,058 times
Smug self righteousness?

Old 08-28-2021, 08:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,727,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
No, I know the story - I am saying that people on this forum that are actively warning others against the vaccine are NOT saying that. But, it's easy for you to point to the concept as a scapegoat here. A red herring, so to speak, to try and discredit us.

We know what you are doing.
Then you have not been here the entire time of COVID. I saw these arguments many many times. We know what you are doing and quite frankly I do not appreciate being gaslit. This is not a red herring nor a scapegoat. It is obvious you didn't check the links...

Old 08-28-2021, 09:49 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,566,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
So, when was the last time anti vaccers were nice to anybody who disagrees with them? How nice are anti vaccers to the people who need a hospital bed after an MI, a stroke, etc?

Talk about a sense of entitlement.
This. It's all about their "freedom" to be complete *&^%.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,727,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
I joined in about 6 months ago. And, I haven't seen it since I've been here.

And the only one gaslighting is YOU. It is a red herring. And don't worry - everyone else here can see your aggressive comments. Not all the time, but quite often.

Believe what you want - nothing anyone here can say that will change your mind. But, you are mistaken. You are also going for stereotype on purpose...

We see what you are doing...
The bold says it all. Anyone on here when the lockdowns started know those have been said.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:12 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What makes someone an "anti-vaxxer" ?

If someone is against mandates and thinks everyone should be able to make their own decisions about getting vaccinated or not, does that make them an anti-vaxxer?

What if they believe that and are vaccinated themselves?

C'mon "Pro-vaxxers" ........

You love to throw the name around at anyone that you disagree with....

So give us your definition.
No I support choice.

An anti-vaxxer is someone who refuses to get a vaccine. they are 'against the vaccine'...for whatever reason.

I think that businesses/employers should have a right to have a vaccine required policy because we allow them to set their terms of service/employment.

But I don't think that we should be legislated to get the vaccine.

That doesn't make me an anti-vaxxer. I'm pro vaccine and pro choice.

But then you have to live with your choice.

Old 08-28-2021, 03:33 PM

8,452 posts, read 3,705,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But then you have to live with your choice.
Or die with it. Yet another conservative radio host (Farrel), who was anti-mask and anti-vaccine, is dead after weeks of hospitalization. This one claimed the virus was a 'scam demic'.

If only people were smart enough to understand it's about saving lives/preventing serious illness - not politics.

Old 08-28-2021, 03:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,748,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Or die with it. Yet another conservative radio host (Farrel), who was anti-mask and anti-vaccine, is dead after weeks of hospitalization. This one claimed the virus was a 'scam demic'.
Plenty of vaccinated people, masked people, fat people, thin people, fit people, unfit people, young, old, leftist, liberal, conservative, etc etc people died.

Plenty of unvaxxed people, fat people, thin people, fit people, unfit people, young, old, leftist, liberal, conservative etc etc people survived or never even got the virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
If only people were smart enough to understand it's about saving lives/preventing serious illness - not politics.
Government did absolutely nothing that leads people to believe that is the case. As for CDC, **** them, they have a history of crimes against humanity so forgive me if I disregard everything they say.

Also there's more than one way to prevent serious illness you know. It's not JUST about getting yourself poked with everything Big Pharma puts out. It's on the individual to choose how they want to keep healthy.

Old 08-28-2021, 03:40 PM

423 posts, read 184,376 times
It's interesting to see how the vaccine and the personal interpretation of this Covid-19 phenomenon became such a milestone of division in the US. I'm living over the pond, it's different here. In the majority of the EU nations, this Covid-19/vaccine/natural immunity, etc. stuff is not as heavily politicized as in the US media and public discourse.

For instance, the public shaming of unvaccinated people that I see in the US media and social platforms is totally unknown where I live. There is a silent agreement among people here that this thing is heavily overblown but most of us did our duty and got vaccinated. Not because we 'trusted science' but just to get the hell back to normal and open business. We never got divided into groups along vaccination status. I guess being born in the EU, centuries of wars and regime changes behind us in history, we're a little more used to not being so easily brainwashed by governments that come and go.

Old 08-28-2021, 04:12 PM

8,452 posts, read 3,705,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Plenty of vaccinated people, masked people, fat people, thin people, fit people, unfit people, young, old, leftist, liberal, conservative, etc etc people died.
Then it isn't a scam demic, is it? That said, the overwhelming majority of people who are (now) hospitalized/dying are those who are not vaccinated, particularly among the 30-59 age group. It's medical science, not politics - although it's also true the overwhelming majority of those who are not vaccinated (or believe it to be a 'scam demic') are conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Also there's more than one way to prevent serious illness you know. It's not JUST about getting yourself poked with everything Big Pharma puts out. It's on the individual to choose how they want to keep healthy.
You appear to think vaccination policies (relative to schools, businesses or health care) are a new thing i.e. what about polio, MMR, hepatitis, tetanus and so on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies