Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 08:17 AM

8,222 posts, read 3,483,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Don't you think anybody who does something like that must have3 some serious mental health issues?

This kind of behavior just doesn't pop up.
Some people are just evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 09:31 AM

73,002 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Avoid young black men like the plague! Violence inflicted on innocents is their way of life.
And I have no respect for you. Your bigoted mentality. If you really believe all young Black men are violent, then you are a bigot and beyond all moral rehabilitation.

Old 08-29-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
True, although the Knoxville Five consisted of a woman as well who wrote in a diary of the adventure she had killing two innocent white people. So, it is not just the men who are dangerous. The black man who gunned down the white couple locally was older, so it's not just the young ones doing it, either.
I condemn the violence of the Knoxville Five. I also have no respect for anyone who uses that event as their reasoning for "avoid young Black men". As a Black man, I take that personally and I have a deep disgust for anyone who have that line of thinking.

Old 08-29-2021, 09:36 AM

I knew this thread would get racially charged the moment I found out it was a Black man doing the killing. I knew there would be some individuals who would use that shooting to excuse and justify their own deep disdain for young Black men. I find anyone with that mentality to be a morally corrupt person, period. Not changing my mind on that. I cannot empathize with such disgusting thinking. I cannot empathize with the criminal who killed that tourist. He is wrong and deserves the death penalty. No excuses for his crime. Using that crime to take it out on the rest of the young Black male population, I find that equally disgusting. I don't care what reason you might have for feeling that way towards young Black men. No empathy from me on that regard. It comes at my expense.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:36 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Where have you been for the past 40 years?

Settling grievances, slights, scores, prejudices (imaginary or otherwise) is our chosen way of life. We know it's happening, yet we choose to do nothing about it.

Sad, isn't it?
Exactly. Just another day in the USofA.

Old 08-29-2021, 11:45 AM

10,451 posts, read 4,034,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He claimed shrooms made him do it. I would get a toxicology report so see what was in his body at the time. And if he has that much hate, I don't think an organization put that in him. He probably got this way because of the company he kept.
Sad thing, these proclamations that drugs were in their system during the crime can easily help them put forth a motion to dismiss based on temporary insanity. I was following a case of a Florida man who was being accused of attempting to drown his toddler in the bathroom sink and when the cops busted down the door, he was also naked, and he got got off not guilty due to him claiming he was on Flakka.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:09 PM

563 posts, read 677,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You are right in that I don't know where he got the Gun from.

As for his Mental state?
Most people just don't go randomly killing people eating at a Cafe for no reason at all.
I'd say he is a severe, malignant, narcissist, with psychopathy, who was in a state of rage and paranoia. When you watch him dancing, you are watching a psychopath with severe, malignant, narcissism. Territorial gang members, have danced on the graves of their rivals, which may be who he learned it from. Drugs were a secondary issue imo.

Last edited by glenninindy; 08-29-2021 at 12:54 PM..

Old 08-29-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Or maybe you could see it for the compliment that it is. The person has such a bad view of people that you made such a huge impression on them that they felt compelled to express their amazement.
I don't want to be seen as "good for a Black person". I just want to be seen as a good person, period. Like I said in another post, having to think about race all the time is mentally and emotionally exhausting. I spent 2 months in the UK for business related reasons. I was an AMERICAN over there. I thought about race much less over there. And as an American, it's sad that I am saying that.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Sad thing, these proclamations that drugs were in their system during the crime can easily help them put forth a motion to dismiss based on temporary insanity. I was following a case of a Florida man who was being accused of attempting to drown his toddler in the bathroom sink and when the cops busted down the door, he was also naked, and he got got off not guilty due to him claiming he was on Flakka.
Drugs can make people do some deadly things. At the same time, I don't think it should be an excuse.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Oh well. This is human nature. We are comfortable with those that seem the same as us.

A good friend , that was a former police chief explained it to me this way. He is a huge U of M fan, so he put it into a football analogy. Lets say he was in OH, watching a U of M vs OSU game. He has his maze and blue on. After the game he walks out and as he is walking down the street he see's a huge group of OSU fans on one side, and the other side he see's a huge group of U of M fans. He would walk down the side with the U of M fans, because he felt more comfortable being around like individuals. The reality is , chances are both groups are the same, and all would have been well. It is just where he felt more comfortable, and doesn't mean he hates all OSU people. Now imagine, if , every morning on the news, he had seen story after story of OSU people committing violent acts. Can you see how the perception of OSU people being violent can be started ? It isn't about hate of one group or another (except for real racists), it's about the perception of how one group is from another. It doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just human nature.
Stuff like this is why I don't watch the news very much. I understand the local news gets ratings from reporting on alot of violence. Violence sells.

That being said, if you belong to the group that has that bad reputation, that leaves YOU with a problem. If you're already looked down on more than anyone else relative to the rest of the dominant society, you're going to have an uphill fight on your hands.

At the end of the day, the #1 thing I'm concerned about is what I might have to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies