Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 06:33 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times

Advertisements

They sabotaged Trump's efforts to get out of Syria by ignoring his orders, they lied to us about the war in Afghanistan for 20 years...the Deep State wants us to have wars so they keep their jobs, according to Glen Greenwald who is pretty brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 06:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
They sabotaged Trump's efforts to get out of Syria by ignoring his orders, they lied to us about the war in Afghanistan for 20 years...the Deep State wants us to have wars so they keep their jobs, according to Glen Greenwald who is pretty brilliant.
I don't know if Deep State but there are many who believe the 'war machine' wants to stay and keep fighting.

I struggle to believe that Americans would support that that given the cost in human lives.

Over 1900 Americans have died fighting this no win war.

I am devastated with today's losses...and devastated we have not had a national outrage for all those losses over the years.

Someone suggested that only one life was lost last year like it was a 'win' for the USA. I can't see how we can dismiss even one American lost fighting in Afghanistan. So I went snooping ---

In the last 5 years 57 Americans (including today) have died fighting in Afghanistan (some American civilians). This is so senseless.

I hope this Greenwald is an alarmist (and thank you I am following him now).

Old 08-26-2021, 06:47 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't know if Deep State but there are many who believe the 'war machine' wants to stay and keep fighting.

I struggle to believe that Americans would support that that given the cost in human lives.

Over 1900 Americans have died fighting this no win war.

I am devastated with today's losses...and devastated we have not had a national outrage for all those losses over the years.

Someone suggested that only one life was lost last year like it was a 'win' for the USA. I can't see how we can dismiss even one American lost fighting in Afghanistan. So I went snooping ---

In the last 5 years 57 Americans (including today) have died fighting in Afghanistan (some American civilians). This is so senseless.

I hope this Greenwald is an alarmist (and thank you I am following him now).
He is awesome. Very smart guy. He was the guy who started had a publication with a few others...started it and got censored so he left and started his own blog.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:56 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
I’m watching Tucker now. And that was an interesting point he brought up with Greenwald. I totally believe that the Deep State and MIC want endless wars of choice.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:59 PM

417 posts, read 247,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I’m watching Tucker now. And that was an interesting point he brought up with Greenwald. I totally believe that the Deep State and MIC want endless wars of choice.
Did you see what Glenn Beck said? That our White House and State Department are fighting with him for trying to get Afghan Christians out? It's slickening, very sickening.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
I would not call the military industrial complex, deep state.

It’s rather obvious.

It lobbies and donates for a perpetual seat at the table. And when all else fails remind all how many US jobs depend on the US poking its nose into the business of other countries.

With the exception of heroin, the US engagement in Afghanistan over the past 20 years is the only thing going on.

It does not take much $ on the streets of Kabul to create chaos with the objective being for Biden, like Trump, Obama and Bush before him , to puts more troops in, throw another $trillion at the Afghanistan challenge and stick around for another 20 years.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
Did you see what Glenn Beck said? That our White House and State Department are fighting with him for trying to get Afghan Christians out? It's slickening, very sickening.
Why should we have to get Afghan Christians out?

Why don't they use their own sons to fight their own battles?

It's amazing that the people who are trying to stop refugees coming from the south at our border, are trying to fly other equally needy refugees here on our dime.

Seems extremely inconsistent thinking.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Why don't they send their own sons to fight their own battles?

It's amazing that the people who are trying to stop refugees from the south at our border, are trying to fly other refugees here on our dime.

Glenn Beck is paying for everything. He's not receiving a dime from our government. Why should our government give him a hard time?

Old 08-26-2021, 07:04 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Why don't they send their own sons to fight their own battles?

It's amazing that the people who are trying to stop refugees coming from the south at our border, are trying to fly other refugees here on our dime.

I agree with ClaraC. The only Afghans that we should be bringing here are the ones that helped our troops.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I agree with ClaraC. The only Afghans that we should be bringing here are the ones that helped our troops.
He's not bringing them here. He's taking them to surrounding countries that are much friendlier to Christians. For some reason our government has a problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies