Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2021, 05:57 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,480,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Probably 90%. There was a study on how many people in a rich country voted for Obama in 2008. It was over 90%.

Rich people actually don’t care about adding some taxes to themselves. They think it is their social duty.

The middle class is getting screwed one way or another.
See I am more cynical. I tend to think they benefit in OTHER ways....like they get kickbacks and their stock portfolios increase with all the money pumped in by the Fed....

I agree the middle class is the one getting screwed every time. That's by design as well. If there is no middle class, it's rich people and poor people. Democrats like poor people they can buy votes from with freebies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 05:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,805,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
...and exacerbates racial wealth inequalities.

One of the Democrats key proposed tax reforms, the repeal of Trump's $10,000 SALT tax deduction limit, overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites and increases racial wealth and income gaps. So, WHY are the Democrats doing it?

Not Worth Its SALT: Tax Cut Proposal Overwhelmingly Benefits Wealthy, White Households - ITEP

Discuss...
They should repeal the deduction altogether. No one should get SALT deductions.

Either everyone gets them or no one gets them. Having a cap favors a subset of the population over the other.

Old 08-28-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
They should repeal the deduction altogether. No one should get SALT deductions.

Either everyone gets them or no one gets them. Having a cap favors a subset of the population over the other.
But that's the point. Class warfare. Race wars, mask wars, vaccine wars...it's all by design. I am not going to post Alinsky's Rules for Radicals again. I assume everyone has seen them by now?

Old 08-28-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
If people complain about how much they pay in taxes, maybe they should take a look at what party they're voting for.

The Republican Party supports low taxes. The Democratic Party supports high taxes. Those people should vote accordingly.
Taxes went up for many in blue states and people that are productive across the US due to SALT caps during Trump's Presidency. Those people aren't feeling the lower taxes the Republican party supports.

I agree with you that generally we in the republican party support lower taxes, but we also support lower spending. RINOs like Trump give the republican party a bad name by doing the opposite.

Old 08-28-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
While that's true, the bigger issue for Democrats is WHY are they proposing a tax reform that overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites and makes our country's racial wealth and income gaps even wider? How is that anything other than white supremacist?
How are you concluding that it overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites? It would seem that it would benefit those living in high COL of areas....

Old 08-28-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Taxes went up for many in blue states and people that are productive across the US due to SALT caps during Trump's Presidency. Those people aren't feeling the lower taxes the Republican party supports.

I agree with you that generally we in the republican party support lower taxes, but we also support lower spending. RINOs like Trump give the republican party a bad name by doing the opposite.
So Trump is a RINO because he didn't want to support blue states bloated budgets and pension? I really can't believe you are a Republican...maybe the Mitt Romney or Adam Kinzinger wing.

Old 08-28-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
How are you concluding that it overwhelmingly benefits wealthy whites? It would seem that it would benefit those living in high COL of areas....
YOu didn't even read the original article, obviously, so you aren't really qualified to comment in the thread.

Old 08-28-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So Trump is a RINO because he didn't want to support blue states bloated budgets and pension? I really can't believe you are a Republican...
So you feel the Republican party should be based on blue state vs red state policies rather than conservative principles? Trump and the Federal government shouldn't worry about what state governments do. That's overreach and I can tell your liberal views on this are strong.

Old 08-28-2021, 06:22 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,641 times
BTW, Whites are NOT the wealthiest ethnic group in the U.S....

Old 08-28-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
YOu didn't even read the original article, obviously, so you aren't really qualified to comment in the thread.
Did you read the article? It considers $200k salary wealthy. Are you incapable of critical thought on your own or do you feel it's sufficient to simply regurgitate an article? It seems like you're the one without capacity to participate in this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies