Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 08:34 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
It is well documented how some of the States misused to develop & implement Jim Crow laws to counter the Civil Rights Act of 1866.

Dred Scott v. Sanford remains the worst Supreme Court decision ever.
None of that changes the US Constitution, which would have to be done in order for the Fed Gov to take authority over how states conduct their federal elections, which is what this bill is trying to do.

Just pass and ratify a new Constitutional Amendment giving the Fed Gov authority over how states conduct their federal elections and then Congress can legislate at will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 08:37 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
None of that changes the US Constitution, which would have to be done in order for the Fed Gov to take authority over how states conduct their federal elections, which is what this bill is trying to do.

Just pass and ratify a new Constitutional Amendment giving the Fed Gov authority over how states conduct their federal elections and then Congress can legislate at will.
Just? I think I'll pass on responding any further. Have a nice day.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The US Constitution matters. I'm sure you and every other lefty expect to be able to exercise your Constitutional Rights, no?

Old 08-30-2021, 08:52 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
What do you call this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanjreil...87487116939266

The officer’s text messages leaked said that he intentionally did it so the individual couldn’t have the right to vote.

I know I won’t change your mind but I’m posting this for lurkers that visit so they can be more aware.

“No one is taking any voting rights away”. I guess like no one is taking the right away for abortion too?
An individual, one twisted individual that is now a former Sheriff's Deputy and the Feds are on him.
What power beyond himself do you imagine he holds?

The reference you make in your last sentence holds no water in equivalency and the subject as a comparison also got a post of mine deleted for as "off topic".

Old 08-30-2021, 09:04 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Apparently you finally realized exactly how difficult it is supposed to be for the Federal Government to overrule the states on constitutional matters. InformedConsent is correct. Passing an amendment is the only way for it to happen within the parameters of the Constitution. If, as is claimed, the majority of people want the FedGov to have such power it should be a relatively easy process.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:22 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
It is not in the GOPs interest to have free and fair elections. Having the masses participate means that they will lose.

It’s why they vote in laws against giving water to people standing in lines to vote to name just one thing. It’s why they gerrymander the states to such an extreme degree like Wisconsin.

They are cowards afraid of actually competing in the “marketplace of ideas” so they set arbitrary rules to benefit themselves and retain power.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
It is not in the GOPs interest to have free and fair elections. Having the masses participate means that they will lose.

It’s why they vote in laws against giving water to people standing in lines to vote to name just one thing. It’s why they gerrymander the states to such an extreme degree like Wisconsin.

They are cowards afraid of actually competing in the “marketplace of ideas” so they set arbitrary rules to benefit themselves and retain power.
There is no such law. That was a lie Stacey Abrams made up.

Please don't be a low-info voter.

Old 08-30-2021, 01:20 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/24/10307...ing-rights-act

In light of the recent Voting Rights Act bill being restored it has been noted that all 212 members of the GOP opposed it but not sure of their reasons.

Out of 212 people not ONE believes in this? If you are a legal citizen, a taxpayer, and of age you should have the right. This is America after all.

For those who agree with their stance and don’t support the bill, what is your reason personally?
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It is a false pretense by Democrats.
No one is taking any Voting Rights away, no one.
Indeed

If people do not believe it, just look at the Carter/Baker commission recommendations for running fair elections in foreign countries. They witnessed first hand how despots and banana republics cheated to keep those in power get "reelected".

Many of the things used to cheat are things modern day Democrats are already doing in some places and trying to accomplish nationwide. Such as unlimited number of ballots being produced and or sent out to every address, regardless of the voter rolls. Or just as bad, allowing people to produce/print their own ballots.
What could go wrong.
Ballot harvesting is another one that (D's) are promoting, not to mention same day registration to vote, no voter ID laws, illegal alien non citizens being able to vote, etc., etc., etc.

So OP, assuming you are as naive as you sound, don't get caught up with a title that sounds fair, but in reality is designed to help the party in power remain there with voter fraud.

Also, if you want a dose of reality, watch this video to see how black people react to liberal/leftist whites claims about blacks being disenfranchised;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ

Old 08-30-2021, 03:11 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Any time a state tries to restrict access to the polls...ie make it harder to vote...then they are taking away your right to vote.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:59 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Apparently you finally realized exactly how difficult it is supposed to be for the Federal Government to overrule the states on constitutional matters. InformedConsent is correct. Passing an amendment is the only way for it to happen within the parameters of the Constitution. If, as is claimed, the majority of people want the FedGov to have such power it should be a relatively easy process.
What I recalled was that the Fifteenth Amendment was ratified in 1870, & after the American Civil War. Recall the Fifteenth Amendment guarantees that "the right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."

Some folks have resisted its guarantees for all Americans ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies