Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 08:48 PM

936 posts, read 423,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
His son's passing is completely different from what he did. He has NO right to compare the two.

I lost my husband to that mess over in Afghanistan. He did a sh!tty job with this press conference and we had to wait quite a long while to get a response from him. Do NOT stick up for this fool. No one takes him seriously and he screwed over our allies so bad to the point they don't want anything to do with him.
I’m sorry for your loss. That said.

I truly believe that what we did in 1990. - 1991. The Gulf War, had a significant influence and or impact on the rising of global terrorism especially against the western world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 08:57 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Im respectfully sorry for your loss. He passed this year? So ..sad

Speak in singular though as some of us citizens still respect our country and the fairly elected personnel.

You are welcome to practice critical thinking and objective thoughts on the press display.

I respectfully disagree that YOU get to determine when a parent gets to discuss the memory of their lost loved one.

Even my boss during meetings fondly mentions his son he lost . We don't chastise or criticize.

You don't like the leader ...fine.

I didn't like 45.

The difference in today's press with this president is it wasn't narcissistic or foolish banter ..as was the case with the prior prez. I've no doubt if being formal, brief, concise is nails on a chalk board ...then this speech today wasn't going to favor such a person.

How much Intel do you have on military strategic planning? I'd seriously listen to your authority on it...so few here want to talk military secret missions....wonder why that is?

"Intel" on military strategic planning?" "Talk military secret missions?" Ummm....say what now? And it was brief yes. But formal and concise? Seriously? Why do so few here (as in here on this board?) want to talk military secret missions? So to begin if a person has "Intel" on military strategic planning and shares it that's something that depending on the level of said "Intel" can get that person fired with no employment prospects higher than greeter at Wal Mart at best, shot in the back of the head by a "mugger" at worst.

Or did you actually use that phrase in the context of "military strategic knowledge?" "Intel" is a specific term meaning information from the field for use in planning and execution of action. Be that strategic, tactical or even political. The way it was used in your query is incorrect certainly and seems as if you were making an effort to sound knowledgeable on the subject, There's an old saying comes to mind here..."If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS."

Credit where it's due for following Biden's (or at least his handlers) tactics. It's just that in Biden's case the baffling part requires no effort from either him or those handlers. In conclusion I have to say and yes this is real world experience talking. you DON'T discuss "Intel" on strategy and as to "secret missions" they don't get talked about till their not a secret anymore. If that ever happens. I was never in uniform but I did serve in a support roll. Pre deployment/mission training. I had the privilege of working with Army and Marine Corps large force elements and special operators from allied nations and US forces.

"Secret missions" DON"T get discussed any more than "Intel" on strategy does. There was another old saying that was posted, plastered, on walls all over the facility I worked on, "Loose lips sink ships." It's more than a cliche'. It's SOP. Or if I want to sound all fancy and in the know OPSEC. As to how both strategy and missions secret or otherwise apply with the current situation in Afghanistan all anyone, especially the men and women in uniform on the ground, in the air or at sea know as of this moment is there isn't any. Other than a holes and elbows trying to keep things together and get people including themselves home.

There sure isn't any back up coming from the high command supposedly under Biden. That I seriously doubt. Whoever is actually in charge has their hands full trying to keep Biden awake and moving and sounding at least like he's actually coherent and aware of what's going on. Safe to say that mission is a bust.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:05 PM

1,425 posts, read 663,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
(9) Use Beau as a prop. Beau died of brain cancer, 14 years after brief, undistinguished service.
He has no shame at all.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:14 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
That is the part that ticked me off the most. Having a family member KIA vs that are two completely different things. How. Dare. He.
He has no decency.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:53 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Biden at his speech today.... Frames his presidency:
What a sad picture. I kind of feel sorry for him. He just looks so old and not well. I don't wish him any ill will. I just wish he would do the right thing and step down and be with his family and grand kids. He should not be the leader of a country. He just doesn't have it in him. I wished people hadn't pushed him and cheated him into office. He was used and now look at him.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:07 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What a sad picture. I kind of feel sorry for him. He just looks so old and not well. I don't wish him any ill will. I just wish he would do the right thing and step down and be with his family and grand kids. He should not be the leader of a country. He just doesn't have it in him. I wished people hadn't pushed him and cheated him into office. He was used and now look at him.
"Must spread rep around>" but +10 in spirit. He is poleaxed a$$ over tea kettle. We knew going in he was unfit for command and the Democrats flat out own this entire mess. Don't think we're gonna see them take possession anytime soon but it belongs to them. Bought and paid for.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:00 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,570,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Oh. My. GOODNESS!

And it STILL hasn't started.

I'm gonna watch a movie.

5:22PM still not on. Bet they can't decide what to say.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxqlOYV__b0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_VoDIvDuj4

Old 08-27-2021, 12:01 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
So, apparently you could have done a perfect withdrawal of troops, defense contractors, corporate contractors, Afghan allies, and tons of equipment. You are a constant embarrassment. Just be thankful that the last occupant of the WH was not in charge. I can't imagine how screwed up that would have been.
My high school freshman daughter and her oddball group of friends could have planned a better withdrawal over the cafeteria table. It would have started with letting our allies know we were leaving and ended with troops leaving after civilians had been safely evacuated.

Old 08-27-2021, 12:59 AM

33,329 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
My high school freshman daughter and her oddball group of friends could have planned a better withdrawal over the cafeteria table. It would have started with letting our allies know we were leaving and ended with troops leaving after civilians had been safely evacuated.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:26 AM

947 posts, read 296,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
And did you see the way he dropped his head to the podium - and just held that position? What the hay was that?
....Just to clarify, I am not speaking about the "moment of silence." I am speaking of when Peter Doocey asked him a question he didn't like, and in exasperation (or something), he scowled and dropped his head to his hands, down to the podium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies