Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 09:51 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Did anyone complain when 33 American servicemen were killed at the start of Trump's term?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...g-trumps-first
Are you seriously still trying to use “but, but, Trump” as an argument when Biden has proven in a short 7 months that he’s the most incompetent POTUS in recent history? Are you really that incapable of admitting that Biden screwed up? How tight are your partisan blinders? I think you need to loosen them, they may be cutting off circulation to your brain.

Once again, the reason Biden is drawing the wrath of a wide segment of the population over this is because he completely and utterly blew the withdrawal. If not for his malfeasance we would not be in the situation we are currently in regarding Afghanistan. Had he simply created and followed a withdrawal plan that involved such things as actually communicating our intentions with our allies, following through on his promises, evacuating civilians before the military and, perhaps, not lying through his teeth about the entire fiasco most of us would not be all that angry. But he didn’t, we are, and you’re trying to once again use Trump as a baffle to protect the incompetent buffoon in the White House from criticism.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:55 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
The media is “training” us to hate others with opposing opinions and that they should be destroyed. We can’t fall for that, just because we do not agree, that does not mean either party is bad and should be admonished and/or hated. Differing opinion is a founding principle of what used to be our democracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
I have to agree the media has a lot to blame with the present political mess. Also there should have been media blackout with the US military pull out of Afganistan. A full withdraw should have been conducted top secret even those Afghans who were primary targets of the Taliban. There should be a full investigation on this disaster and all those involved.
It goes beyond that. We wouldn’t even be discussing “President” Biden had the media been even marginally objective in their reporting prior to the election. Had they actually allowed real news stories about Biden to be run rather than fluff pieces and not tried to bury or discredit every negative mention of him while doing everything in their power to convince everyone that Trump was the devil incarnate, we would have had another Reagan/Mondale election.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:52 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Did anyone complain when 33 American servicemen were killed at the start of Trump's term?

It was not 13 killed and 15+ injured at one shot. Try that again.

Biden screwed the pooch on this. Yes we all have every right to be extremely critical of him about it too.
I mean....when retired Special Forces guys go in and do what Biden and his administration can't seem to wrap their heads around....that should speak volumes.

Old 08-27-2021, 11:22 PM

417 posts, read 246,957 times
Quote:

I don't consider Buzzfeed to be a trusting news source, but your article states that 26 servicemen were killed the year prior. That would have been in 2016 when Barack Obama was President.

Did you complain when those 26 American service men were killed at the end of Obama's term?

The difference is those lives were unfortunately lost because we were still in a war.

The 13 servicemen who died yesterday were only there because President Biden botched the withdrawal and had to send troops back to Afghanistan.... Big difference....

Old 08-27-2021, 11:54 PM

929 posts, read 399,380 times
The Afghan VP who is still in Afghanistan said this:

"We're asking the United States to project confidence, hope, power. Not weakness, not desperation, not being seen as a superpower on the run and unable to do anything."

Weakness. Desperation. On the run. That's exactly what the United States and Joe Biden are projecting not only to the Taliban, but to the world. The Taliban will not be the only enemy to take advantage of the new image. This may come as a shock to liberals, but the rest of the world doesn't care one iota about being "woke" or political.

Joe can keep blaming Trump, the fact that matter is, Joe became POTUS on Jan 20, because of his ineptness and weakness--he thought he could score political points, leave Afghanistan and blame Trump. He had the chance to alter, change, modify the plan based on conditions on the ground, he didn't do that. The blood of 13 service members are on his hands, period, end of story.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:19 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
What are you talking about? It's as though you are thrashing about to find any excuse to keep the blame off Biden. If you want to take that line of reasoning to defend Biden, then could you explain the southern boarder crisis? Trump was building a wall - Biden opened the boarder.
The border isnt open, not sure what that has to do with this topic though.

We are talking about the fact that some of you are arguing against a withdrawal you supported 8 months ago.

Quote:
Biden did change the strategy. Trump and his generals had worked out a withdrawal plan which by the way, involved getting all the American nationals out first as well as a coordinated plan for other nations who where there assisting the United States at the bequest of said United States. Biden cancelled the plan.
1. "Trump's Generals" are the same as "Biden's Generals"

2. Prove that Biden changed/cancelled those plans.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is one of the most cringe-inducing statements I've ever read on c-d, and that's saying a lot. Wow!
It shouldnt be

Both political parties put out platforms on what they want to achieve over the next 4 years, who and what they currently support.

By saying you dont support their candidate and platform, you are in fact saying you dont support the party.

This is not a hard concept to grasp.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
How in the world can you continue to defend the indefensible?
Im not even defending Biden . I just fully understand the argument people like you have has no merit.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I forgot about that briefly.

Funnily, I straddle party lines when it comes to my personal beliefs. I'm pro 2nd, don't think abortion should be outlawed, pro drug legalization, against big government. Yet, I've had far more liberal "friends" stop talking to me over political differences than conservative ones.
1. Only abortion and drug legalization are considered party line.

those other 2 you named are perceptional.

2g.What was the actual issue that caused the rift ?

For example, im gay and black, my sexuality and race arent "political".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not surprising that the so called party of the tolerant....isn't. But sorry that happened to you. Family and friends are now maintaining or breaking relationships based on political views. My kids and I have stopped discussing politics altogether because we love one another too much to let that get in the way.
Those 2 lines somewhat contradict themselves. The fact that you choose to not talk about those issues means you recognize their ability to break your relationships, whether that is from your perspective or theirs, I dont know because Im not there. However based on your post, it seems to be yours.

Also, tolerance has to do with reason. in context, you are either saying you have no idea what the word tolerance actually means, or you are saying, you understand and dont think there should be a boundary on tolerance and we should just learn to get along with one another.

Also lets be clear. Facebook friends arent actual friends. Someone else made this claim a couple of months ago using a Pew study on friend lists.

Yall are trying to define friendship by the liberal deleting the homophobe or racist from a friend list that they hadnt seen in person in 10 years. Those people werent friends in the first place.

Old 08-28-2021, 02:49 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The border isnt open, not sure what that has to do with this topic though.

We are talking about the fact that some of you are arguing against a withdrawal you supported 8 months ago.

1. "Trump's Generals" are the same as "Biden's Generals"

2. Prove that Biden changed/cancelled those plans.
The border is effectively open. 2 Million illegal's crossing into the United States.

The withdrawal that was being supported 8 months ago was not being carried out.

The plan was to fully withdraw by May 1, 2021. Today, 28 August, hasn't happened yet. The deadline was shifted to 31 August by Biden.

The complete original plan can be found out there somewhere. I have seen but don't ask me where to find it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies