Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 09:31 AM

100 posts, read 44,960 times

Advertisements

Talk about judicial over reach

Chicago mother loses parental rights over Vaccination status…

Cook County judge has taken away her parental rights after learning that she is not vaccinated.

Firlit appeared in court via Zoom along with her ex-husband for a child support hearing involving their 11-year-old son. The two have been divorced for seven years and share custody and parenting time.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...nation-status/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 09:35 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
??? Was the judge appointed by Chairman Mao

Old 08-28-2021, 09:38 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
I’m sure it’s more complicated than you’re making it out to be.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:43 AM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
The judge stripped visitation rights until she gets vaccinated.
How much more complicated do you think it needs to be ?

Don't want to believe the Dems will go this far ?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ination-status

Old 08-28-2021, 09:47 AM

Still doesn’t give much. The parents divorced seven years ago. I’m guessing the dads the responsible one.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:48 AM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Still doesn’t give much. The parents divorced seven years ago. I’m guessing the dads the responsible one.
Well you guessed wrong. I posted an article. Might want to read it so you don't have to "guess" anymore.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well you guessed wrong. I posted an article. Might want to read it so you don't have to "guess" anymore.
You didn’t post diddly.

You posted just her side.

The fact the dad appears to have primary custody says a lot.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:58 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Here’s a better source: Cook County judge strips mother of parental rights over vaccination status

Quote:
That’s the day Firlit appeared in court via Zoom along with her ex-husband for a child support hearing involving their 11-year-old son. The two have been divorced for seven years and share custody and parenting time.

She says out of the blue, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked her whether she had been vaccinated. Firlit told Shapiro she had not because she has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past.
Vaccination status was not brought up by the father, the judge just decided to ask it all on his own. It’s unconscionable. Guess whose going to suffer the most for this - the kid. And, what happens if she gets it and she has another reaction? How does that kid live with that, knowing the only reason the mother got the vaccine was to see him?

Quote:
You didn’t post diddly.

It generally helps to actually read the information - they had equally shared custody. That says they are both normal parents.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Here’s a better source: Cook County judge strips mother of parental rights over vaccination status

Vaccination status was not brought up by the father, the judge just decided to ask it all on his own. It’s unconscionable. Guess whose going to suffer the most for this - the kid. And, what happens if she gets it and she has another reaction? How does that kid live with that, knowing the only reason the mother got the vaccine was to see him?

It generally helps to actually read the information - they had equally shared custody. That says they are both normal parents.
This is a better written article.

It is precedent setting for sure.

This will go to some kind of upper court right?

I can't see how it can stand, unless the child has health issues but even still.

I will add --- I did go and read other articles carefully because it seems so crazy to deny visitation based on that one issue.. I was skeptical that it was the only reason...until the father's lawyer statement.. He talked about being surprised by the order (implying it was the vaccination issue).

Over reach seems to be an understatement -- hence the skepticism at first.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:05 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
More complicated? They were there for a support hearing. The father didn't bring this up, it wasn't even a matter for the court. The judge on his own asked the question and when he found out she wasn't stripped her rights.

How simple do you need it to be?

The father's attorney was surprised...but of course isn't going to disagree with it now since the judge ordered it. Oh and the reason they said it was good..

Quote:
"There are children who have died because of COVID. I think every child should be safe. And I agree that the mother should be vaccinated," Living said.
Yes, 0.14% of deaths from all COVID cases were from kids under 19. That is under 1000 kids. I wonder if the attorney had the same opinion Pre-COVID or the thousands of other things that could cause a child to die? Since he apparently is concerned about "every" child.

Quote:
You didn’t post diddly.

His side was posted..his attorney said they were surprised but agreed with the decision as shown above.

Where did it say that the father had full custody? It said they shared it. So exactly what does it say according to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies