Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 05:17 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Youngkin ran in the primaries as a Trump supporter. If he ran as a moderate, the party would have never chosen him. Moderates in the party are considered rinos. As a moderate, I have no problem voting for moderates in either party, but he is no moderate.
Exactly. They have him on recording at some event saying that he embodies everything Trump stands for or something like that. It's being used a campaign ad.

It might have been you upthread who said Virginia is blue, and that might be true now though I continue to think it is still very purple and will teeter on that edge of red and blue for another few years. There are many people in this area who are very fiscally conservative and would probably love to vote for a moderate Republican. But in the last 10 years, all they seem to put up are the crazytown republicans. They play very well with the rural areas, but the offend the other areas. If they truly would put up a non-Trump republican, they'd probably have no problem winning.

Old 08-29-2021, 06:00 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He is not a moderate. He got the nomination because he is a Trump supporter. Republicans won't nominate a moderate. He has changed his tune now that he's running against AcAuliffe. He needs independents to win.
You got it right, Youngkin is T-Party through and through and the states GOP caters to them. The Virginia GOP like most of the party is afraid to speak outside the party narrative and risk being called out as we see so often at the national level.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:08 AM

900 posts, read 375,577 times
Youngkin is so pathetic that he's trying the social wars tactic to try to beat McAuliffe... saying the Democrat is in favor of sex classes and radical ethnicities in schools... But he hides his anti-abortion stance every time he is being confronted....a fearful hypocrite, who I hope will go to the dustbin, and return to the ostracism from which he came after November

Old 08-29-2021, 10:40 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
Why isnt governor blackface disqualified?

Old 08-29-2021, 10:42 AM

417 posts, read 246,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
In Virginia, a Governor can only serve one term at a time. They can't run for reelection.

Old 08-29-2021, 10:44 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I assume your are talking about Northampton. He is disqualified to run this election. Virginia does not allow governors to serve back-to-back terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies