Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 09:17 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

You need a photo ID in Texas to do the following:

-buy alcohol

-buy cigarettes

-to get a job, get on payroll

-to get some pharmacy prescriptions

-to get social security services

-to rent an apartment

-to buy a house with mortgage

-to fly commercial

-to fly a private charter

-to get in the capitol building

-to open a bank account

-to run for office

-to drive a car

and more, yet it is racist if you want voter ID like most of the developed world. The same people who scream racism to voter ID are the same people who want vaccine photo ID passports and photo IDs for buying guns and are cool with photo ID for international travel or to run for office (all three are constitutionally protected rights).

--------

72% of Democrats support voter ID

75% of Blacks support voter ID

81% of Hispanics support voter ID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJasqv9X_s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 09:22 PM

417 posts, read 246,996 times
I needed to show my ID when I checked into the ER to get x-rayed for pneumonia when I had COVID.......

Plus, the left wants everybody to show a vaccine passport. Are the people who "can't" get an ID exempt from showing a vaccine passport, too?

Old 08-28-2021, 09:31 PM

4,328 posts, read 7,235,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
I needed to show my ID when I checked into the ER to get x-rayed for pneumonia when I had COVID.......
Yes, most medical facilities need a photo ID before seeing a patient.

To add to the list:

To get a library card at the public library.

Occasionally, when making an in-person purchase with a credit card.

And a big one: When cashing a check. Occasionally, even when making a deposit at a financial institution.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:12 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Nancy Pelosi & her Gang are determined to make Voter iD’s illegal for Elections Nationwide.

It’s her top priority. She doesn’t care that the Constitution says States make their own Election Laws, and neither do the Democrats.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:13 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
The media has brainwashed people. I have heard this discussed before... The media seems to do a good job convincing you that YOU are the odd man out, thinking differently than the rest of America on any given issue.

Day in and day out, they do their best to foment THEIR ideas on an issue, and make them you think this is America's ideas. It used to be harder to see this. But now, I think many people have caught on to how dishonest the media is. The problem is that there is still a % of the population that is easily manipulated.
"[Trump] could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think, and that is our job." (emphasis original)

Mika Brzezinski
MSNBC

Old 08-28-2021, 11:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
We have become far too obedient/compliant in this country!!

Did anyone ever consider, maybe we shouldnt be forced to show ID for some of these things?!

There does come a point when this crosses over to govt abusing its power imo...but since many of these things have been rolled out slowly over the years, people are more likely to just comply, I can remember in the 80s and 90s, some things on that list did not require ID at that time, ( I remember my GF and I rented motel rooms frequently when we were in our late teens, none of them ever asked for ID, this was early 90s).its interesting to me, the list just keeps growing...what will we be forced to show ID for 20 yrs down the road I wonder? (buying ice cream) LOL

Old 08-28-2021, 11:11 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
The issue is IDs cost money. Voting is a constitutional right. Mandating voter IDs without them being 100% paid for by government means you're making people pay to vote. If people really cared about voter IDs, they would be more than willing for the total cost to the voter to be $0. That said, there's no evidence that people are voting under other names, or that non-citizens are voting. Couple that with the fact that voter ID laws ask people to pay out of pocket for ID, we're left with the fact that mandating ID to vote doesn't solve anything, and actually prevents US citizens from voting.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
The issue is IDs cost money. Voting is a constitutional right. Mandating voter IDs without them being 100% paid for by government means you're making people pay to vote. If people really cared about voter IDs, they would be more than willing for the total cost to the voter to be $0. That said, there's no evidence that people are voting under other names, or that non-citizens are voting. Couple that with the fact that voter ID laws ask people to pay out of pocket for ID, we're left with the fact that mandating ID to vote doesn't solve anything, and actually prevents US citizens from voting.
The fees for state IDs aren't that steep. A non-dricer license state ID can cost under $20, even under $10 depending on the state. What the issue is is that state ID requires you to go to the DMV which everyone has horror stories of due to how inefficient they are regardless of if you are talking red state or blue state. I've lived in both and neither DMV are anything to praise. The accessibility issue to get state IDs are the problem more so than the cost...

Old 08-28-2021, 11:24 PM

417 posts, read 246,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The fees for state IDs aren't that steep. A non-dricer license state ID can cost under $20, even under $10 depending on the state. What the issue is is that state ID requires you to go to the DMV which everyone has horror stories of due to how inefficient they are regardless of if you are talking red state or blue state. I've lived in both and neither DMV are anything to praise. The accessibility issue to get state IDs are the problem more so than the cost...
A lot of states, including my North Carolina, give them out for free.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:28 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
A lot of states, including my North Carolina, give them out for free.
Free, including time off work, travel expenses, etc? There's no cost out of pocket to get one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies