Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 09:17 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
The death and injury rate for children is extremely low from Covid. The biggest impact children face from Covid is the loss of a parent who made the incredibly poor decision not to get themselves vaccinated.
It's none of your business whether the parent gets vaccinated or not.

It's also extremely rare for people under 75 to die from China Virus.

Stop being a busy body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 09:19 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Actually both can be true.

You have a VERY small chance of dying from China Virus, and you have a VERY small chance of having problems from the vaccine (however, who knows what long term issues there may be?).

HOWEVER, EVERYONE will get the China virus sooner or later, vaxed or not. You should just accept it.

You should also accept that whether you're vaxed or not, you will almost certainly be fine.

You should also accept that personal health decisions are just that, personal.
Do you know the long term effects of getting Covid if you have not been vaccinated? Why aren’t you worried about that? Chicken Pox leads to Shingles later in life, but if you are vaccinated, you don’t have to worry about it. What could unvaccinated exposure to covid mean long term? Seems like something you should be concerned with if you are worried about long term impacts of things.

The hospitals are full of people with Covid. They are not full of people with adverse reactions to the vaccine.

Are people starting these anti vaccine threads being busy bodies?

Old 08-30-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Do you know the long term effects of getting Covid if you have not been vaccinated? Why aren’t you worried about that?

The hospitals are full of people with Covid. They are not full of people with adverse reactions to the vaccine.

Are people starting these anti vaccine threads being busy bodies?
They are not "full" of people with China. Stop falling for the media trying to whip you up into a frenzy.

In my county there were FIFTEEN cases of China Virus yesterday. Most of the country is like this.

The sky isn't falling. Many of the people with the vaccine are getting it too, and it has already been proven that natural immunity is MUCH more durable than the virus.

It's a natural pandemic. You can't stop it. Stop fretting over something with a 99.9% survival rate, vaccinated or not.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
They are not "full" of people with China. Stop falling for the media trying to whip you up into a frenzy.

In my county there were FIFTEEN cases of China Virus yesterday. Most of the country is like this.

The sky isn't falling. Many of the people with the vaccine are getting it too, and it has already been proven that natural immunity is MUCH more durable than the virus.

It's a natural pandemic. You can't stop it. Stop fretting over something with a 99.9% survival rate, vaccinated or not.
I’m not fretting. I’m vaccinated.

There is plenty of data available for you if you want to leave your county level anecdotes sometime.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:30 AM

https://people.com/health/unvaccinat...n-the-vaccine/

Quote:
Unvaccinated Mom, 32, Dies of COVID Days After Giving Birth: 'She Wished She Had Gotten the Vaccine'
Another avoidable tragedy.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Ironside View Post
Again, respectfully, you are playing on emotion. Children can lose their parents to obesity, heart disease, diabetes, addiction (I venture to say the overdose deaths supersede the deaths of healthy parents from COVID).

It's your opinion that their decision is poor.
It’s an unequivocal fact that it is a poor decision. So are making the choices you list above that lead to an early, preventable death. They are all in the same bucket.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:32 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Important to share the stories of all of the previously healthy people that have made the choice to avoid vaccination and ended up harmed or killed by covid.

https://www.newsweek.com/bill-phillp...pounds-1622772
Why is it important to share all the stories?
I think I will also share all stories of people killed by drunk drivers and people who die of lung cancer or emphezema (from smoking). Also I am overwieght but had a Mountain Dew float last night. If I get heart disease we should share my demise too.

Almost all rational people know they have a chance of getting Covid and depending upon their age and other factors may have a chance of dying. If they then choose to not get a vaccine that is mostly their concern. If you are vaccinated you have very little to worry about and if you are worried get some N95 masks.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:34 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why? Should we start threads on the people who smoked, drank and ate themselves to death?
I should have read the thread before I posted my comment. It is my post exactly.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I’m not fretting. I’m vaccinated.

There is plenty of data available for you if you want to leave your county level anecdotes sometime.
Yes, overall the viral case levels are peaking and never even reached half of last year, and deaths are way, way down from last year.

That's the macro, non-anecdotal data for people who don't fall for media hysteria.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, overall the viral case levels are peaking and never even reached half of last year, and deaths are way, way down from last year.

That's the macro, non-anecdotal data for people who don't fall for media hysteria.
Proof vaccines work! Good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies