Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 08:00 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times

Advertisements

Important to share the stories of all of the previously healthy people that have made the choice to avoid vaccination and ended up harmed or killed by covid.

https://www.newsweek.com/bill-phillp...pounds-1622772

Quote:
former fitness and nutrition coach for the Denver Broncos has urged people to get a COVID-19 vaccine, revealing that he lost 70 pounds during a six week stay in hospital after contracting the virus.

Bill Phillips, a nutrition and supplementation expert for the Colorado-based team in the 1990s who has since become a bestselling author, revealed to The Denver Post on Tuesday that he has been hospitalized for 47 days after contracting COVID.

The 56-year-old told the newspaper that at one point he was put into a medically induced coma and treated with a ventilator because he was struggling to breathe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 08:08 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,288 times
From 2018:

The Flu Killed a Healthy 21-Year-Old Man
https://time.com/5099042/influenza-deaths-flu/

Sadly, healthy people die all the time too.

Fitness buffs sometimes drop dead of heart attacks.
Healthy people sometimes die of the flu.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
From 2018:

The Flu Killed a Healthy 21-Year-Old Man
https://time.com/5099042/influenza-deaths-flu/

Sadly, healthy people die all the time too.

Fitness buffs sometimes drop dead of heart attacks.
Healthy people sometimes die of the flu.
Agreed. All the more reason to seek vaccination.

Another one here.

https://apnews.com/article/health-co...8e842a264ecb03

Quote:
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Healthy and in their 30s, Christina and Josh Tidmore figured they were low-risk for COVID-19. With conflicting viewpoints about whether to get vaccinated against the virus filling their social media feeds and social circles, they decided to wait.

On July 20, Josh came home from work with a slight cough initially thought to be sinus trouble. On Aug. 11, he died of COVID-19 at a north Alabama hospital as Christina Tidmore witnessed a doctor and her team frantically try to resuscitate her husband.

“She would say, ’I need a pulse. ’I would hear, ‘no pulse,’ “Christina Tidmore said through tears. “They were trying so hard.”

“Nobody should go through this. He was only 36 and I’m 35 and we have three kids.”

She is now imploring young adults not to dismiss the risk and to consider getting vaccinated.

“Josh was completely healthy, active, not a smoker.” He would have turned 37 on Saturday.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:28 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Why? Should we start threads on the people who smoked, drank and ate themselves to death?

Old 08-30-2021, 08:29 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Here's an anecdotal motorcycle accident.

We should all probably just never ride motorcycles. Probably safer to not ride in cars either, just in case.

https://www.waff.com/2021/08/29/madi...rash-saturday/

The chances of a healthy, fairly young person dying from China Virus are EXTREMELY low.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:38 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
All I heard growing up was Nancy Reagan saying "Just say no to drugs". Drugs, it seems, can kill you.

Hunter Biden is a LIFE-LONG drug user from his teenage years, yet he's still knocking up strippers into his 50s.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why? Should we start threads on the people who smoked, drank and ate themselves to death?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Here's an anecdotal motorcycle accident.

We should all probably just never ride motorcycles. Probably safer to not ride in cars either, just in case.

https://www.waff.com/2021/08/29/madi...rash-saturday/

The chances of a healthy, fairly young person dying from China Virus are EXTREMELY low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Ironside View Post
I am surprised nobody brought this up, the stupid viral crate challenge, I can imagine how many people are suffering concussions and broken bones from irresponsible behavior.
I missed your outrage for this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...rmed-dead.html

Since we all know that the likelihood of being injured or killed by the vaccine is infinitesimally smaller than if you get Covid, I think your posts are misplaced.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:06 AM

It’s amazing to me as a parent that these people don’t have the respect for their children to get vaccinated. It’s so sad because it is preventable.

'He thought he was immortal': Twin sister's heartbreak as body-building brother, 42, who rejected jab because he 'didn't want vaccine in his body' died four weeks after catching Covid... 'wishing he'd listened' to her

Quote:
Before going onto a ventilator in hospital, Mr Eyers told his consultant that he wished he had been vaccinated - and died in intensive care after suffering from an infection and organ failure, leaving behind a daughter aged 19.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Ironside View Post
I think you are playing into the medias hand of fear mongering and control. Why is it ok for a kid to sit at a restaurant with no mask? I can name a hundred different contradictory things about COVID. As with any virus, death is a factor, in this case it happens to be on the extremely low side.
The death and injury rate for children is extremely low from Covid. The biggest impact children face from Covid is the loss of a parent who made the incredibly poor decision not to get themselves vaccinated.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:16 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I missed your outrage for this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...rmed-dead.html

Since we all know that the likelihood of being injured or killed by the vaccine is infinitesimally smaller than if you get Covid, I think your posts are misplaced.
Actually both can be true.

You have a VERY small chance of dying from China Virus, and you have a VERY small chance of having problems from the vaccine (however, who knows what long term issues there may be?).

HOWEVER, EVERYONE will get the China virus sooner or later, vaxed or not. You should just accept it.

You should also accept that whether you're vaxed or not, you will almost certainly be fine.

You should also accept that personal health decisions are just that, personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies