Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 12:45 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
America used to be 90% white. And when Ted Kennedy told the American people that that "ethnic makeup would not be upset/[changed]", well that was quite an egregious lie. Russians know what has happened to the majority population - a slow motion genocide, and that is what they want no part of. They are right to stand against it.

Yes, they don't want any part of it.

Quote:
But they still have a nuclear arsenal - probably the second biggest on the planet? They will always be relevant with such.
Yes they will be.

And the more events are progressing, the more relevant Russia will be.

Because those weapons ( all their advanced military planes including) didn't come out of nowhere.

Russians have a long history of math/engineering/science and this doesn't sit well with the narrative that some would love to adhere to, that's it's simply a "gas station that pretends to be a country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 01:36 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, they don't want any part of it.

Yes they will be.

And the more events are progressing, the more relevant Russia will be.

Because those weapons ( all their advanced military planes including) didn't come out of nowhere.

Russians have a long history of math/engineering/science and this doesn't sit well with the narrative that some would love to adhere to, that's it's simply a "gas station that pretends to be a country."
I hope they never allow their nation to be overrun and flooded with non-Russians forced on them by some illigitimate UN "refugee relocation" scam, like America and the rest of the West'West's leaders have done to their people. Same with Hungary.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:41 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
But do they act professional? That's important, apparently.
Meh, “businesslike” is more appropriate.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:42 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Who'd a thunk it?

"Yobidoyobi took down the ads and posted an apology to its Instagram page: "On behalf of the entire company, we want to apologize for offending the public with our photos. We have removed all content that caused this hype."

On their Vkontakte page, the Russian Facebook-like social media network where the Male State rose to prominence, Yobidoyobi said it apologized "to the Russian nation" for having "hurt the Russian people" with the photographs."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/restauran...150900495.html
As much as I would like to travel there someday, I don't think I would consider living there at this moment.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Countries like Russia China Afghanistan Iran India are paternalistic and not liberal like the west or socially liberal like the 5 eyes white Anglo Saxon nations. Plenty of norms that we take for granted like here in America Canada or UK on race, gender, sexual orientation with diversity and inclusion are not as big in paternalistic nations like Russia and China. This is the reason why people who are focused on race gender and or sexual orientation and you live within the 5 eyes. Please don't visit paternalistic nations. You will be really heart broken with your soft shell woke bubble.
This is where I stand. I don't see what is so bad about inclusion when it comes to race. I personally don't see what is so "5 eyes" about it.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Moving to Russia soon. America sucks.
Why do you think America "sucks"? And why do you want to move to Russia? Explain why.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
That is correct.

So Russians want to stick to what historically/culturally is natural for THEM, and their "ethnic composition."

Blacks were never part of their history, so advertising the images that are foreign to Russians

is perceived as invasion ( and downright propaganda) of the foreign values.
Alexander Pushkin, a widely loved Russian poet, has partial African ancestry. His maternal great grandfather was a military engineer, supposedly born in either Eritrea or Cameroon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pushkin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

Blacks have never been a measurable part of Russia's population, but those that have been inn Russia have been part of Russian society. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Russians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coretti_Arle-Titz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Gannibal

To say Blacks were never part of Russian history would be dishonest.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:54 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why do you think America "sucks"? And why do you want to move to Russia? Explain why.
Well there is a new apartheid today against the majority group in America, and it's disgusting. The Russians would be wise to never commit self-inflicted genocide like the majority group in America has.

Old 09-11-2021, 02:00 PM

For anyone who would claim that Russia is better than the USA, why should I feel the same way? I'm not trying to talk down on Russia. Both the USA and Russia have issues. However, I also understand this. I'm Black. I'm also the kind of Black male who has taken photos with White women (and I'm the only Black person in the photo). Being an American, I think about this. Some will say "the West is killing itself and Russia won't do that". I'm as American as they come. Aren't I part of the West? Or when some people mention the West, are they only talking about Whites from the West and Blacks are not considered to be part of the West?

Old 09-11-2021, 02:03 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
OP — what does “five eyes” mean?

I think the left currently hates Russia because they think Russia helped Trump get elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies