Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 07:14 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,230,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
God damn these rag-headed, ground-kissing, stinky-footed, sandal-wearing, scumbag, tyrant eff'n mother eff'n SOBs.
You're talking about Biden and his Cabinet, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 06:19 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,942,570 times
I'd love to know the administration's reasoning on why we're not destroying all the aircraft and vehicles we've left behind. Drones should be flying non-stop and launching missiles at every piece of hardware left there.

Old 08-31-2021, 06:21 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,230,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I'd love to know the administration's reasoning on why we're not destroying all the aircraft and vehicles we've left behind. Drones should be flying non-stop and launching missiles at every piece of hardware left there.
Reprisals against the remaining Americans?

Old 08-31-2021, 06:28 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The weapons we left behind are for conventional warfare, and the Taliban weren't trained in those tactics. I suspect they may not be particularly effective at their use in land battle, unless they are joined by trained members of the Afghan army.

Gee, I feel so much better.

I mean, it's not like any of the 600,000 MILITARY assault rifles we left there could ever make their way into the hands of terrorists to use against Americans.....

Old 08-31-2021, 07:20 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Are they actually Taliban? Or are they Chinese, Russian, Iranian, or North Korean?
There is no doubt those countries have an interest in Afghanistan now, and providing pilots to train Taliban on Blackhawks could be a possibility.

This one is likely an Afghan pilot the U.S. trained and is now co-opted to fly the Blackhawk, or has simply decided he is now a Taliban himself.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:22 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....they are flying helicopters around Kabul with dead bodies hanging from them...a American interpreter

The Taliban are hanging a person, presumably an American interpreter or SIV, from a Black Hawk helicopter. You cannot reason with terrorists.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...ing-from-it%2F

Let's see how this all plays out in the next war....who's going to be stupid enough to help the Americans now
you need better sources than Ian. Start by going to the source he retweeted, and read the comments.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....they are flying helicopters around Kabul with dead bodies hanging from them...a American interpreter

The Taliban are hanging a person, presumably an American interpreter or SIV, from a Black Hawk helicopter. You cannot reason with terrorists.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...ing-from-it%2F

Let's see how this all plays out in the next war....who's going to be stupid enough to help the Americans now
They weren't dead before they took off. They're hanging them this way.

And look at how many we've brought into the country. I see we've forgotten about 9/11, the Boston Marathon, the Florida gay bar, and San Bernardino. Among those they brought in were a rapist previously kicked out of the country and three terrorists.

If they vet them as well as they've done everything else this year, we're screwed.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:34 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
I hate to admit it but we should have stayed there so we could have these same conservatives on here complaining that we were staying.

Then again Trump's exact comments were that Biden "couldn't stay even if he wanted to" in his desperate attempts to get credit for the withdrawal.

And of course if the withdrawal had been smooth then our conservative CD-ers would be claiming that Trump deserves the credit for arranging it.

The reality is that Biden screwed up. Big time. And all he had to do is go before the American people and say that if we leave the Taliban are likely to take back over. Of course the right would still be blaming him but at least he would have had a leg to stand on. As it is, he really doesn't so that right can tee off on him and it is pointless to defend him.

About all a lefty can do is point out that the right are hypocrites on Afghanistan and laugh about Trump groveling for credit. But Biden's colossal failure on this makes those points tough to drive home.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:36 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I hate to admit it but we should have stayed there so we could have these same conservatives on here complaining that we were staying.

Then again Trump's exact comments were that Biden "couldn't stay even if he wanted to" in his desperate attempts to get credit for the withdrawal.

And of course if the withdrawal had been smooth then our conservative CD-ers would be claiming that Trump deserves the credit for arranging it.

The reality is that Biden screwed up. Big time. And all he had to do is go before the American people and say that if we leave the Taliban are likely to take back over. Of course the right would still be blaming him but at least he would have had a leg to stand on. As it is, he really doesn't so that right can tee off on him and it is pointless to defend him.

About all a lefty can do is point out that the right are hypocrites on Afghanistan and laugh about Trump groveling for credit. But Biden's colossal failure on this makes those points tough to drive home.
What makes you think people complaining about what's going on there are all conservative and that complaining means we all think our troops would have stayed? I'm complaining and I'm glad we're out.

I think most people feel that way.

Old 08-31-2021, 12:42 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThunder21 View Post
And all the innocents?
And the nuclear fallout crossing over to other nations?
And the environmental disaster this would bring?
It worked pretty good in Japan, got their attention and calmed them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies