Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Milley and Pelosi's actions are treason?
Yes- I'm a democrat 6 4.62%
No- I'm a democrat 5 3.85%
Yes- I am a republican or independent 95 73.08%
No- I am a republican or independent 24 18.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 10:44 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I know that's the propaganda you've been handed, but those of us who served have a much more informed opinion than mindless partisans parroting the party line.

There's almost no way they could have screwed things up in Afghanistan worse than they did. It would have taken nothing more than a few series of air strikes early on to halt Taliban advances and reassure Afghan forces that they weren't being completely abandoned.
And to make that impossible, Biden abandoned the Bagram Air base, banned the aircraft mechanics, and the supply and logistics. This way there was no air base to launch from, no planes to fly, and no bombs to load on the planes even if they could get one in the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 10:45 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Instead of a traitor they treat him as a patriot because....Trump had mental issues.

So if Trump had mental issues what the heck does Biden have ?

I think all this talk of Trump is a deflection from Biden's mental state.
Can we agree neither has the capacity to be POTUS? Biden is a blabbering idiot and Trump never read the Constitution.

Now What?

Old 09-15-2021, 10:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Can we agree neither has the capacity to be POTUS? Biden is a blabbering idiot and Trump never read the Constitution.

Now What?
cite pls.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:47 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Instead of a traitor they treat him as a patriot because....Trump had mental issues.

So if Trump had mental issues what the heck does Biden have ?

I think all this talk of Trump is a deflection from Biden's mental state.
Trump was simply bombastic, verbally combative with his critics, and spoke his mind, without guile or subterfuge.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:52 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's fine - but call him to Congress for the treason issue separately after more data has been collected. Afghanistan should be dealt with first.

Afghanistan is being dealt with. Blinken has been getting his ass kicked by Congress over it the last couple days.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:54 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
It's not at all obvious the Democrats has anything to do with this. The only thing obvious is that Miley didn't think Trump was competent.

I am puzzled why you said Miley is guilty of treason under Biden's watch. Based on the OP's post, it happened while Trump was president. That's why Miley had to assure China that he wouldn't follow any of Trump's stupid command if it was to come.

Trump isn't President. And since this info came out now, it falls under Biden's watch. It's also making people question if Milley had a huge hand in the disaster we called a withdrawal since he was so unhinged to go behind Trump's back.

He better start talking if he wants this to go away.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:57 AM

947 posts, read 297,195 times
Quote:
That's POTUS changing policy with each administration. It needs to be passed by the house and senate.

Trump halting flights from China was smoke and mirrors. Thousands came in after his edict. And the first cases in my county entered from Europe. A church group tour to Egypt returned through Europe. They brought Covid with them.

All flights needed halting.
But at least he halted SOME and thus the spread wasn't as bad as it would have been. Biden would have waved them all in, and things would have been worse.

What you're doing is not giving credit for Trump doing SOMETHING, while Biden would have done NOTHING.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:57 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:

Now What?
You are voicing an opinion here, not fact.

It was Pelosi spewing that "mental" issue about Trump .....totally political in nature and not medical.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:00 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Gen. Milley Made Multiple Secret Calls To China"

Am I the only one remembering reading about this a year and half ago (or around there, before the elections). Someone was leaking info back then, a little bit anyway. Very hard to prove, but wouldn't doubt it.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:02 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,576,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
But didn't you just use that on me? You said it was impossible to explain to the Murdoch media consumer that Trump was pitiful. I could easily reverse that and say it's impossible to explain to the CNN media consumer that Biden is pitiful.

Here's a mirror.
So anyone who doesn't recognize Trump's greatness is a CNN watcher that praises Biden? Man, I can't imagine what it would be like to be so simple minded.

Both Trump and Biden are pitiful, and that conclusion doesn't prevent me from recognizing that Trump was dangerously unhinged to the point that multiple generals disobeyed him. This is the real world with adults who should be able to recognize the difference between shades of dark gray.

Also, CNN is pitiful journalism written for people with a 6th grade reading level, as is Fox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies