Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Milley and Pelosi's actions are treason?
Yes- I'm a democrat 6 4.62%
No- I'm a democrat 5 3.85%
Yes- I am a republican or independent 95 73.08%
No- I am a republican or independent 24 18.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 07:13 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you guys are so convinced China is the enemy of the USA and wants to destroy it, why do you allow any trade with China? Why allow any American based business to do business with the Chinese?

where is the list of American businesses doing business with China? The list of consumers goods we are to avoid spending our money for, thus enriching the Chinese? Where is the list of Chinese owned property in the continental USA?

It has been my experience trading partners don't go to war with each other.
Even a cursory reading of history clearly shows that trading "partners" go to war with each other as often as they do not. In fact, trade between "partners" is often the very reason for war.

Personally I do my best to avoid made in China products when possible - like cookware, air-conditioner filters, N95 masks -, but it's seldom possible in the case of many basic manufactured goods, certainly not without a concerted effort that often fails.

Regardless, there is every indication that powerful business owners in the US will continue to double-down on globalization, in tandem with their counterparts in China and elsewhere around the world.

But that doesn't mean that there can't be a major falling out among them, leading to armed conflict, because history clearly shows that is exactly what can and does happen from time to time.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 07:14 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Milley’s punishment will be retirement and a sinecure as a lobbyist for the defense industry.
and if he is guilty, CNN will sign him up as their military advisor

Old 09-16-2021, 07:15 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_You View Post
Miley is damage goods he will resign as no thinking person has confidence in him
by "no thinking person" you exclude the entire left? because they are fully in support for his attempted Coup and treason. (and also acting as an agent of the Chinese Communist Party)

Old 09-16-2021, 07:18 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Default Who Supports Milley's and Pelosi's treason?

With the revelation of treason committed by Milley and Pelosi, one shocking aspect appears to be that many democrats support the action. I, like many Americans, had assumed that democrats were treasonous, but now they admit to such acts and flaunt it in the open as a "virtue", not a crime.

So I was wondering how many on this site, dependent upon political party, support treason?

Old 09-16-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
In his position Milley CAN be in deep trouble for "saying something.
Especially as to whom it was said to......twice.
A person really has to have no concept of the military, to think soldiers have freedom of speech, especially to talk of treason

Old 09-16-2021, 07:23 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You can support any viewpoint in the world if you are willing to deal with back alley vloggers who can't get a job as a real journalist.
"a real journalist"... you mean like the 'real journalists' on CNN or MSNBC?

Read my lips: There no longer are any 'real journalists'!!!

Old 09-16-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Read on Fox news Milley didn't break any laws when he called China. The calls were not in secret there were representatives from Secretaries office. I guess Trumps acting defense secretary claiming he didn't know likely a lie to pump the narrative.

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs regularly communicates with Chiefs of Defense across the world, including with China and Russia. These conversations remain vital to improving mutual understanding of U.S. national security interests, reducing tensions, providing clarity and avoiding unintended consequences or conflict," Milley spokesman Col. Dave Butler said in a statement Wednesday.

Butler said that Milley's calls "with the Chinese and others in October and January were in keeping with these duties and responsibilities conveying reassurance in order to maintain strategic stability."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...k-to-specifics
Geez, this crap again?

Disapproval over Biden's exit from Afghanistan was not about the withdrawal, it was how the withdrawal was executed, and his action which led up to the withdrawal.

Disapproval over Miley's phone cal is not about calling China, it's what was said on the call

1,936 posts, read 822,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If you guys are so convinced China is the enemy of the USA and wants to destroy it, why do you allow any trade with China? Why allow any American based business to do business with the Chinese?

where is the list of American businesses doing business with China? The list of consumers goods we are to avoid spending our money for, thus enriching the Chinese? Where is the list of Chinese owned property in the continental USA?

It has been my experience trading partners don't go to war with each other.
America has exported $82.8 B as of July '21 to China. We have imported $270 B from China. That's not a partnership.

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Just keep in mind that those were comments allegedly made according to a book written by Bob Woodward.This is a fair take on the situation, I think.

"Woodward’s track record is poor. Remember his purported deathbed interview of Bill Casey?

Still, Milley has done nothing to merit a vote of confidence, and as noted above, I haven’t seen that he has even denied Woodward’s charge. "

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...tor-or-not.php

Old 09-16-2021, 07:31 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Should we have attacked China?
??????????????????????

That is not the issue at hand. Your assertion is that Trump was CERTAINLY IN THE PROCESS OF SINGLE HANDEDLY STARTING A NUCLEAR WAR WITH CHINA, WHICH IS COMPLETELY FALLACIOUS, UNPROVEN CONJECTURE, AND ABSURD. WHAT IS REALITY IS THAT MILLEY AND PELOSI COMMITTED TREASON. THAT IS REAL AND NOT JUST IMAGINATION.

Such decisions involve MANY people in government, not one man.

The fears and paranoia of Trump by liberals was never justified, as none of their nightmare scenarios ever came to fruition. TREASON is not justified by unfounded paranoia of a few libs. This is why we have ELECTED GOVERNMENTS BY THE PEOPLE, NOT DICTATORS LIKE PELOSI, BIDEN, AND OBAMA.

One rogue general CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT MAKE DECISIONS REGARDING THE GOVERNMENT.

HAVEN'T YOU LIBS WATCHES "DR. STRANGELOVE"? Milley and Pelosi are like General Jack Ripper, who went insane and launched a unilateral attack on the Soviets without the consent of the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies