Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 09:15 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times

Advertisements

No different than walking into a restaurant having to wear a mask and then the minute you take a seat at a table everyone strips the mask off. It's a pathetic joke. Not the part about stripping the mask off, but more so having to wear one to begin with. Like others on this thread have said, it's just to appease the leftist control freaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 11:14 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I don’t agree with mask in schools but my friends daughters (2 different high schools) told me that so many kids wear it below the nose or just pull them down. Some teachers also. Not many tell them to to wear them correctly. I’ve noticed this more and more. I don’t care but the whole thing seems counterproductive.
Probably because they know of nobody who ended up in the hospital over covid or died there.

Old 08-31-2021, 11:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
To keep the sheeple scared and focused on the pandemic so they ignore what Biden and the Democrats are doing to destroy the country. It’s a distraction with no public health benefit. Here in Florida Alachua County violated the governor’s mask mandate ban. School started last week there, with all the little kids forced to wear masks. Result? Almost 500 new confirmed COVID cases. The masks are worthless.
But I thought conservatives firmly believed America had already been destroyed from the result of 8 long years of Obama/Biden. Then Trump came along to try to rebuild America with "Make America Great Again!", until Biden defeated him. Now Biden is opposing people who believe people should get their immunity from covid by not wearing masks and getting close to people when indoors. They feel getting sick from covid provides much better immunity than a vaccine.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:38 PM

1,110 posts, read 672,295 times
The real danger is that kids with extended wearing of masks, in a learning environment are rebreathing up to 12x of what's considered safe levels of carbon dioxide than without.

What are the side effects? Decreased brain function, increased respiratory and muscle use (thus the body is in need of even more oxygen), fatigue and nerve damage. (not to mention the mask-trapped germs and bacteria so close to the mouth/ nose.)

If anyone intends to google 'covid mask rebreathing carbon dioxide' and post a response debunking this, please do the same in a non-google/ non-chromium browser (Yandex, bing, firefox, opera) and compare search engine results. It will shed light on what big tech is hiding from you.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:57 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
There is no point. Not medically, anyway.

It's about conditioning the next generation to accept government dictates, without question and without consideration. Do as you're told.

That's what this is all about. Nothing else makes any logical sense.
its to condition them that they have no body autonomy. same situation with vaccine passports. if the government can tell you what you can or can not put into your body you are not free.

if you wanted to kill a lot of people force them to take a posion.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:53 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
I don’t agree with mask in schools but my friends daughters (2 different high schools) told me that so many kids wear it below the nose or just pull them down. Some teachers also. Not many tell them to to wear them correctly. I’ve noticed this more and more. I don’t care but the whole thing seems counterproductive.
It's a token thing they do to try to limit civil liability, or, perhaps, they are hopeful enough people will comply to at least reduce the number of students having to quarantine.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:57 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Nobody knows how to hold a cellphone anymore either. Annoying.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:04 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Much of the games of the last 18 or so months has been ineffective nonsense.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:05 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:

That is an enforcement issue not an issue with the rule. Your comment is what I would expect from the children.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:05 AM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Masks in schools serve a few purposes:

1. To make the smallest minority of parents feel like their kids are “safe” at school
2. To make teachers feel like they are “safe” at schools. You can tell the really safe teachers wear scrubs to school. So safe.
3. To make the school board feel “safe” from lawsuits and social media smear campaigns because the smallest bunch of bolt heads make the loudest rattling out there.

In fact if I was a school board member I’d be in favor of mandating all of the mask and safety theater to protect myself from the loonies out there. Don’t want to be accused of “killing people” or not “caring about the kids”platitudes the brainless like to constantly upchuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies