Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 11:30 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
No they haven't. I'm a physician. My facility - and others - have gone on ICU divert multiple times because of short staffing. Furthermore as of a couple of months ago ALL the Covid related pediatric admissions at the nearest tertiary care referral center's PICU were due to vaccine induced myocarditis. Not one was a primary Covid infection who had become critically ill.
Thank you....thank you....thank you....for this truth about this deadly "vaccine".

And yet, despite this, a hundred million or more morons are locked in to their alternative reality that believes the opposite and has nearly complete control of health social policy makers.....getting closer every day to the imposition of this poison into every last US citizen.

This is, by far, the most important political issue any of us alive today has seen in their lifetime. I hope there are thousands more with your credentials willing to shout this truth from the rooftops because right now the future of individual freedom is sitting atop Mt. Everest with no oxygen and a violent storm blowing in from the north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 05:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Just goes to show you that some people are willing to sacrifice kids to get back to “normal”
Yep. I don't get it. COVID especially Delta, is not proving to be as simple as chicken-pox, measles or the mumps. It simply isn't. And until children can get the vaccine our only options are to mask up or in cases where it is too community spread, virtual learning. Sadly especially in Republican states with mask mandate bans, districts are cowards and not enacting mask mandates again.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:07 PM

7,357 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep. I don't get it. COVID especially Delta, is not proving to be as simple as chicken-pox, measles or the mumps. It simply isn't. And until children can get the vaccine our only options are to mask up or in cases where it is too community spread, virtual learning. Sadly especially in Republican states with mask mandate bans, districts are cowards and not enacting mask mandates again.
Actually, it is. The only real metric they're touting every day are cases in schools and among children, and how many are "quarantined." They aren't showing that corona cases are barely making a ripple in pediatric hospitalizations, or in youth death rates (of any cause). To people under about 24-25, corona is at worst a cold. To people over, it's a bad cold (and yes, before you say it, people die from "bad colds" every day long before corona was in the lexicon).

Old 09-01-2021, 06:10 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
100% agreed. Even as adults, I've said it plenty of times, the people I know that have locked themselves down and dogmatically followed the "guidance" have been the ones getting sick every 2-3 months. Those of us who have taken exactly 0 extra precautions are the ones with no problems.
Oh good grief! Anecdote is not data.

But here goes: I have followed the rules about masking and distancing. I am fully vaccinated. I git a flu shot last fall, and will get another soon. I have not been sick. I do understand that I will never get sick. But so far, so good.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:05 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Because kids give it to gramma. It's that simple. This argument has been going on for 18 months. The only people I know worried about their own kid are also afraid of contrails and Sasquatch.

This disease is contagious. Kids get it - and give it - even if they do not have symptoms. The gamble is not with your kids' life. It's with yours.
Exactly. Selfish and fearful adults are abusively forcing little kids to do things that are by and large useless (wearing masks) because THE ADULTS are afraid of getting sick. They're not doing this nonsense because they care about kids, although that is a nice lie that they love to use.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:00 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There are certain diseases that if gotten as a child are a minor illness but when gotten as an adult can have severe complications and are much more likely to cause death. With Chicken Pox, for instance, historically 90% got prior to age 15 but most of the deaths were in adults, primarily from pneumonia or encephalitis. The same is true with Measles. Kids mild, adults sick as dogs. In Mumps, even previously healthy young adults can suffer inflammation of the brain and spinal cord, as well as the pancreas. They can also be rendered infertile. Most kids just got fat cheeks. In Epstein-barre, which 95% of people eventually get, most people are unaware they even had it because they go it pre-pubescently. Once puberty hits though in about 30% of the cases it will become mono, and it gets even worse the older a person is when they catch it.

Even with Delta, children who get Covid tend to get very mild symptoms or are asymptotic. Maybe we need to just let them get it.
I agree. We should have given out vaccine to anyone over the age of 40 worldwide and let it rip with the kids. Actually, we pretty much already did that in places that had in person learning last year. I’d love to see the percentages of students of all ages that had covid last year. I bet the number is pretty high.

Last edited by katygirl68; 09-01-2021 at 10:11 PM..

Old 09-01-2021, 10:04 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As a child I attended both chicken pox and mumps parties. Most mothers particularly looked for mumps parties for their under 10 boys. They didn’t realize back then that the girls also had problems because they didn’t see the swelling of their reproductive organs. We got exposed with my brothers. Based on the data we have seen, for under age 12 children getting actual Covid appears no more dangerous than getting the vaccine will be.
I had the mumps and still remember it today as the worst illness I ever had in my life, and I was probably five or six. It really stayed with me. I have asked friends over the years if they had mumps and surprisingly few ever did. I just assumed it wasn’t quite as common as the chicken pox or measles. That was one scary illness, particularly for adults.

Edit: it occurred to me to look up why so few of my friends had the mumps and found out they started vaccines in 1971 so that would probably include me but for some reason I must not have received it. Maybe it was one they didn’t give until the kid was older? Or maybe it wasn’t widely given until later?

Old 09-01-2021, 10:20 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I know of a couple of people that are infected for the second time. They thought they were immune.

If you aren't vaccinated, you'll just have to accept the fact that you're susceptible to catching covid again after a year or so, especially with new variants. Most people I know that have had it were miserable enough that they don't want it again.
Immunity from getting covid is better than immunity from being vaccinated
That isn't even a debate at this point

Old 09-02-2021, 08:03 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,875,920 times
Immunity from getting covid is better than immunity from being vaccinated

So what?

Immunity from being vaccinated is better than nothing. That's what we're battling here.

The choice is not Infection or Inoculation - but NOTHING or inoculation.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:12 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree. We should have given out vaccine to anyone over the age of 40 worldwide and let it rip with the kids. Actually, we pretty much already did that in places that had in person learning last year. I’d love to see the percentages of students of all ages that had covid last year. I bet the number is pretty high.
There were some but Delta seems more infectious with kids. One in six new cases are kids with Delta. If kids cannot get vaccinated, they need to be I'm schools that mask up and social distance, otherwise it will be distance learning yet again. We all don't want that, but we gotta do right by the students and their families as well as staff. Right now a number of districts aren't and states blocking mask mandates aren't. Plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies