Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 12:22 PM

17,338 posts, read 13,077,292 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gold-s...ed-kabul-biden

Quote:
Two Gold Star fathers of U.S. Marines killed in an ISIS-K-linked blast in Kabul amid President Joe Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal lambasted the commander in chief for acting selfish in their interactions.

Mark Schmitz, father of Missouri Marine Jared Schmitz, and Darin Hoover, father of Utah Marine Darin Taylor Hoover Jr. discussed their tragic and terrible losses in an interview with "Hannity" on Monday.
Schmitz elected to meet with Biden, while Hoover told host Sean Hannity he "didn't want [Biden] anywhere near us."

Schmitz said their meeting, however, was not pleasant, adding that the president reportedly spoke more about his own deceased son, former Delaware State Attorney General Joseph "Beau" Biden III, than he did Jared.
What a fool that you elected!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 12:34 PM

10,153 posts, read 11,110,423 times
He's a Horrible, Horrible Human Being.

B1den will be the most hated President ever. He's A Gutless Pieces of NOTHING.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:07 PM

8,073 posts, read 9,996,019 times
Isn't it time for people to realize what it means to be a soldier?

It's not a vacation to a place somewhere around the globe from which you send giggles and facebook messages..

It is an opportunity to put your life on the line for America.

When you sign up for duty as a soldier...a gun toting soldier....your chance of dying in the line of duty is greatly enhanced.

When military commanders make decisions about going into battle/stationing troops in certain locations, they make decisions about likely casualties, and they weigh that against the benefits of having our troops engaged.

The commanders don't get all weepy and think about Billy Smith or Jane Johnson. They think about how many troops they need to accomplish an acceptable outcome...and they know with a fair degree of probability that some of those troops will come home in a body bag.

That is part of what being a soldier is all about.

People need to get that through their heads. Soldiers in the field carrying a rifle are the most expendable troops we have. The will die for our Nation.

Do we honor them? Of course. No-one likes to see death, especially American lives, especially the sons and daughters of families who have no direct skin in the game.

Our Presidents comes out and honors those soldiers who die in the line of duty. The grieve, they honor, and they express sadness to the family whose children die in the cause for which we all agree.

Lets not get over the top about death in a conflict zone. It is a known certainty that many will die. They understand that when they sign up. Do they have to explicitly say they understand? It probably would be a good idea so that we view their sacrifice not as a media event, but as an honorable donation.

And Hannity...the media $hit stirrer of anything which is going to rile up the masses, ought to know better. Do something decent, but don't criticize someone doing their job, do not objectify those who did their job...for America.

When did Hannity EVER do anything for America?

(And before you throw stones at me..i served....i paid the price...every day in pain and agony from a zipper that runs the length of my spine. My head says go...and my legs might go...or maybe not. I don't ask anyone to give two chits about me. I knew what i was doing when i signed up. Some days i wonder if maybe death would have been an easier option. But i wasn't looking for easier, or thanks, or someone who doesn't know me expressing their appreciation. It's all in the job description).

Old 08-31-2021, 01:18 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,574,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

It's not a vacation to a place somewhere around the globe from which you send giggles and facebook messages..

When you sign up for duty as a soldier...a gun toting soldier....your chance of dying in the line of duty is greatly enhanced.

When military commanders make decisions about going into battle/stationing troops in certain locations, they make decisions about likely casualties, and they weigh that against the benefits of having our troops engaged.

The commanders don't get all weepy and think about Billy Smith or Jane Johnson. They think about how many troops they need to accomplish an acceptable outcome...and they know with a fair degree of probability that some of those troops will come home in a body bag.

People need to get that through their heads. Soldiers in the field carrying a rifle are the most expendable troops we have. The will die for our Nation.

Do we honor them? Of course. No-one likes to see death, especially American lives, especially the sons and daughters of families who have no direct skin in the game.

Our Presidents comes out and honors those soldiers who die in the line of duty. The grieve, they honor, and they express sadness to the family whose children die in the cause for which we all agree.

Lets not get over the top about death in a conflict zone. It is a known certainty that many will die. They understand that when they sign up. Do they have to explicitly say they understand? It probably would be a good idea so that we view their sacrifice not as a media event, but as an honorable donation.

And Hannity...the media $hit stirrer of anything which is going to rile up the masses, ought to know better. Do something decent, but don't criticize someone doing their job, do not objectify those who did their job...for America.

(And before you throw stones at me..i served....i paid the price...every day in pain and agony from a zipper that runs the length of my spine. My head says go...and my legs might go...or maybe not. I don't ask anyone to give two chits about me. I knew what i was doing when i signed up. Some days i wonder if maybe death would have been an easier option. But i wasn't looking for easier, or thanks, or someone who doesn't know me expressing their appreciation. It's all in the job description).
Very well said. I believe we have a generation of military who has forgotten the tragedies of war. Between WW1, WW2, the Korean War, and Viet Nam, we had a mass casualites and years upon years of death. People knew what it meant to join and serve. My grandma used to cry every night while her son, my uncle was in Vietnam. This was life for many people then.

Then, thankfully, "war" and conflict drew down and combat itself was less about face to face, hand to hand. But the threat is always there.

Many young people now join the military without this sense of what could really happen. For some, it's a way out of poverty, for others it's a romanticized version of what soldiering is all about. I suppose there are some who know the realities, but I've met many more who don't know it. And let's face it, most of the time they are right.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:19 PM

18,247 posts, read 8,048,402 times
Biden is just repeating a story he's practiced over and over....

...coming up with a new thought...in his condition...is hard

Old 08-31-2021, 01:21 PM

18,247 posts, read 8,048,402 times
Quote:
Not one of them expected to be setup

Old 08-31-2021, 02:04 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,759,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
My heart breaks for the families. I'm glad they are speaking out against Biden. They have every right and then some.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:07 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,889,747 times
Quote:

Wouldn’t it be important that our military has a competent commander in chief who doesn’t risk their lives needlessly? Isn’t important for our commander in chief communicates with our allies? Isn’t the commander in chief supposed to be wise enough to listen to military advisers? Isn’t our commander in chief supposed to be smart enough t know that the troops don’t leave before evacuating American citizens first? I know one who served in 3 tours in Afghanistan who lost men in his unit and men who lost limbs due to a gernade that was thrown into their Jeep because instead of throwing it back at the one who threw it in there was surrounded by children so they threw it under their seat. He is very angry about how Biden mishandling the withdrawal.

I’m not angry with you, I know they signed up, but I also believe they are there to serve and protect our country and not as pawns to use for political gain. To be fair I’m just as angry at Bush for not going in and get out, but instead trying to remake a nation. I’m sorry you paid a price for that.

Old 08-31-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:

Everything you said, except Hannity, is true! (He brings information to the American people)

That said, my OP was about a FOOL talking about his dead son, not bringing sympathy to the families of those killed last week!

Old 08-31-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Biden is just repeating a story he's practiced over and over....

...coming up with a new thought...in his condition...is hard

And, yet, this fool is POTUS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies