Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 06:32 PM

362 posts, read 140,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
With respect, what did you think we were doing in Afghanistan for years? Arming and training their military was the point. We've been arming that country since Carter was in office.
You don't need to lecture me on Afghanistan, of the two of us, lets guess who actually served. I know the way things are done. This weapons cache seizure was a result of incompetence by the Biden administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 06:35 PM

58 posts, read 41,253 times
Even if they were for the Afgan Army, once we decided to have the "most successful" surrender of all time (according to Joe), why weren't they destroyed? Especially the large planes and helicopters that aren't that easily hidden.

I can see it now, our grandkids will celebrate a holiday each year commemorating our most successful surrender.. Biden Day?

Old 08-31-2021, 06:50 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
You don't need to lecture me on Afghanistan, of the two of us, lets guess who actually served. I know the way things are done. This weapons cache seizure was a result of incompetence by the Biden administration.
Sorry, but if you're upset about the Taliban seizing weapons given the the Afghan army, the time to get upset was when we were arming them. If that's what you're angry about, I agree. In my opinion, we've wasted time, money and lives in Afghanistan for decades.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:36 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
No, I want definitive proof that huge cache of weapons was slated for the Afghan Army, I will list each piece individually if I have too.
Use google, and don't use Alex Jones or Sean Hannity as a source of information. No one can force you to stop believing and spreading lies.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
You can’t have future enemies if you don’t build them up.

This is how the MIC works.

Coca Cola is always on the lookout for a new market.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:39 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentsammy View Post
Even if they were for the Afgan Army, once we decided to have the "most successful" surrender of all time (according to Joe), why weren't they destroyed? Especially the large planes and helicopters that aren't that easily hidden.

I can see it now, our grandkids will celebrate a holiday each year commemorating our most successful surrender.. Biden Day?
We should have that right after Beirut bombing day...you know, when The GREAT GOD Ronald Reagan cut and ran after 200 plus marines got blown up by a suicide bomber? You didn't hear about that on Fox News or talk radio or Breitbart, did ya? Figured as much.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:40 PM

8,132 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Why didn't we blow up the weapons that were over there in Afghanistan rather than allowing them to fall into the hands of enemies?

Incompetence?

or

Treason?
Would you suggest bombing the Afghan army, all 300 thousand? The weapons were theirs

Speaking of incompetence...

Old 08-31-2021, 07:41 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Sorry, but if you're upset about the Taliban seizing weapons given the the Afghan army, the time to get upset was when we were arming them. If that's what you're angry about, I agree. In my opinion, we've wasted time, money and lives in Afghanistan for decades.
Wrong.

The only decision the Biden operation had to make was, destroy or not destroy. There is no Afghan army or ownership concerns. He again, made the wrong choice now.

One can be upset that the US armed them, and also upset that the US allowed them to go to the Taliban now.

Start another discussion on whether the US should have armed the previous Afghan army over multiple administrations.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:42 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Would you suggest bombing the Afghan army, all 300 thousand? The weapons were theirs

Speaking of incompetence...
There is no Afghan army in control of the weapons and equipment, unless you are referring to the Taliban as the Afghan Army.

This isn't remotely complicated.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:03 PM

8,132 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
There is no Afghan army in control of the weapons and equipment, unless you are referring to the Taliban as the Afghan Army.

This isn't remotely complicated.
Well, actually it is complicated. Here is the problem. The army did not fight at all (for reasons that were explained elsewhere), so the Taliban got all the weapons. Would you suggest bombing them, perhaps another 20 years, or 200? Basically sacrificing all Americans that were currently in the country?

There was a deal made with them in February 2020. Was it a good deal, not really. But the war is over. Should have ended long time ago. The only way to avoid the chaos of evacuation, to a certain degree, was for the most civilians to leave much earlier. I don't know why they didn't. The writing was on the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies