Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 11:22 PM

17,376 posts, read 16,518,282 times

Advertisements

The sign that the owner posted reads as follows:

"If you voted for and
continue to support and
stand behind the
worthless, inept and
corrupt administration
currently inhabiting
the White House that is
complicit in the death
of our servicemen and
women in Afghanistan,
please take your
business elsewhere.

God bless America and
God bless our soldiers"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 11:35 PM

445 posts, read 168,225 times
This is great! Libs finally getting a taste of their own medicine. I'm gonna have to check this place out.

Old 08-31-2021, 11:39 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They are getting killed on Yelp with all the negative views because of this. Whenever I go to a new restaurant I always look on Yelp for reviews and pics. Many times I won't go because of the comments. If they want to lose customers and kill their business this is certainly the way to do it.
I do rely on Yelp as a primary source of information whenever I am interested in a business I have never patronized before.

However, it's so easy to differentiate between genuine customer reviews and fake reviews posted by butt hurt SJW's responding to a controversy. Fake SJW reviews like these are easy to spot because a large number of them are posted one after another and filled with a lot of eye rolling exaggerations ("the tables were filthy with slime, just like the trumpist cafe owner was").

Plus, the owner's sign made it clear that if you voted for biden AND continue to support and stand behind his administration, to take your business elsewhere. So the business owner is actually allowing ignorant biden voters to eat there, so long as they realize the error of their ways and acknowledge how worthless this current administration really is.

Sounds fair enough to me, more than what the other side would do.

Quote:
"If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere."

Old 09-01-2021, 12:04 AM

445 posts, read 168,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They are getting killed on Yelp with all the negative views because of this. Whenever I go to a new restaurant I always look on Yelp for reviews and pics. Many times I won't go because of the comments. If they want to lose customers and kill their business this is certainly the way to do it.
They have just as much of a right to do this as the restaurants who've refused service to people for wearing MAGA hats did. Get over it. The people who've never eaten there but leave slanderous reviews on Yelp can get sued for slander.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:56 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Hey, if she/he wants to lose paying customers that’s on him.

Actually, he’s doing them a favor. He probably ignores guidance/rules from the Health department.
It's a she, and how dare you make such a charge against an Hispanic woman.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:50 AM

608 posts, read 239,433 times
Good.

All those liberal jerks who basically jump people for having a MAGA hat on deserve whatever inconvenience comes their way.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:14 AM

539 posts, read 241,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The sign that the owner posted reads as follows:

"If you voted for and
continue to support and
stand behind the
worthless, inept and
corrupt administration
currently inhabiting
the White House that is
complicit in the death
of our servicemen and
women in Afghanistan,
please take your
business elsewhere.

God bless America and
God bless our soldiers"
Thank you to this restaraunt owner for putting this on their window and may God bless them with abundant business .

Old 09-01-2021, 03:58 AM

539 posts, read 241,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Hey, if she/he wants to lose paying customers that’s on him.

Actually, he’s doing them a favor. He probably ignores guidance/rules from the Health department.
if someone on yelp were to see this, that business could sue you for stating that . And all their legal dept would have to say is you were stating facts not in evidence .So please folks be careful what you put on yelp now .

Old 09-01-2021, 04:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As always, I go with it's the business choice.

That being said, I always go with "you're an idiot to ostracize potential customers".

*shrug*

I personally hope they go under just for being a-hooools and that goes for the far left biz that do this too.

This.

They're free to do as they wish, but I'm also free not to do business with them.

Same thing with companies that still have mask or vaccine mandates.

But I also think that there's nothing wrong with letting them know that they're alienating a part of their customer base.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:38 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
This woman seems to have trouble maintaining her restaurant and is adding to her problems with this nonsense.
So far within the past month or so she had to close her business for a few days because she didn't have enough staff to open & operate it (God only knows what she is paying her workers.)
Then she had a few workers come down with COVID and had to close down again and had to inform her patrons of the outbreak along with getting her entire staff tested.
Now she is alienating a portion of her customer base by being politically absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies