Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 08:02 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,820,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
This is stupid, they shouldn't sink to the level of the left, they should welcome them with open arms, and accidentally sneeze in their food.
Oh if you think the right hasn't long been doing this you are truly a sheltered summer child.

At least this restaurant owner has the decency to let you know where he stands so he can be avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 08:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As always, I go with it's the business choice.

That being said, I always go with "you're an idiot to ostracize potential customers".

*shrug*

I personally hope they go under just for being a-hooools and that goes for the far left biz that do this too.

I came here to post this. Reps to you!

Old 09-01-2021, 08:18 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
As always, I go with it's the business choice.

That being said, I always go with "you're an idiot to ostracize potential customers".

*shrug*

I personally hope they go under just for being a-hooools and that goes for the far left biz that do this too.
I agree 100%.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:37 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Funny stuff. It’s likely been great for business.
The restaurant biz is tough enough without turning away a bunch of customers.

Also, in a year or so the people that find these things amusing or funny tend to forget....those that are told they aren't welcome tend to remember for a looooong time.

On top of that, if I saw the sign I'd likely be inclined not to continue giving them my business and I'm an unaffiliated non-Republicrat.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:39 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
The restaurant biz is tough enough without turning away a bunch of customers.

Also, in a year or so the people that find these things amusing or funny tend to forget....those that are told they aren't welcome tend to remember for a looooong time.

On top of that, if I saw the sign I'd likely be inclined not to continue giving them my business and I'm an unaffiliated non-Republicrat.
Same here. I'm a Democrat and I would never support a business that is openly hostile to people who voted for a specific candidate. All of this nonsense is incredibly, incredibly stupid and more and more people are embracing it because they are stupid also.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:42 AM

539 posts, read 240,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The previous administration didn't create a cluster f in Afghanistan, leaving behind soldiers, Americans, dogs, and Afghans who helped the U.S. during the 20 year 'war' which was nothing but an excuse for some people to make a lot of money.

Oh wow Amen to that and hallejuah .....

Old 09-01-2021, 08:45 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
This woman seems to have trouble maintaining her restaurant and is adding to her problems with this nonsense.
So far within the past month or so she had to close her business for a few days because she didn't have enough staff to open & operate it (God only knows what she is paying her workers.)
Then she had a few workers come down with COVID and had to close down again and had to inform her patrons of the outbreak along with getting her entire staff tested.
Now she is alienating a portion of her customer base by being politically absurd.
There is a well known staff shortage in restaurants. I've seen McDonald's offering a $100 sign on bonus for team members.

You can't blame the staffing shortage on this business owner. But you can blame Biden's decision, that he supposedly took 100% responsibility for, on Biden.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:45 AM

539 posts, read 240,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Same here. I'm a Democrat and I would never support a business that is openly hostile to people who voted for a specific candidate. All of this nonsense is incredibly, incredibly stupid and more and more people are embracing it because they are stupid also.

i guess you think most democrats are stupid then right ?

Old 09-01-2021, 08:50 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penlady61 View Post
i guess you think most democrats are stupid then right ?
Most R's and D's are reasonable people.

You seem to have a stereotype fixed in your head based upon news stories of the most extreme that act badly.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:26 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
I didn't realize stating your political affiliation was a prerequisite to going into a restaurant. Who knew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies