Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 05:13 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times

Advertisements

I was talking to a gentleman the other day and you know what his big concern was. Not that our president handed an entire nation to terrorists on a silver platter. Nooooo......His big concern was that the New England Patriots cut Cam Newton off their roster. Honestly how can a nation survive with a populace so disengaged!

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 09-01-2021 at 06:17 AM..

Old 09-01-2021, 05:20 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 14 hours ago)

27,162 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I was talking to gentleman the other day and you know what his big concern was. Not that our president gave an entire nation to terrorists on a silver platter. No...His big concern was that the New England Patriots cut Cam Newton of their roster. Honestly how can a nation survive with a populace so disengaged!
America has had low points before, that last one was after the end of Vietnam, and the whole Iranian hostage situation.

However good leaders often emerge in such situations, for example Churchill at the start of WW2 or even great US leaders such as Roosevelt, Eisenhower, JFK etc.

I think Americans are made of sterner stuff, and that every black cloud has a silver lining.

Biden is a one term President (if that) and the future can quickly change.

2,446 posts, read 1,067,436 times
It is sad and I worry about our country. Joe has sold us out to China.

30,429 posts, read 21,241,024 times
It's over rover. It's all in the big book.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:23 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
it seems to take generations to introduce democracy and you cant do with a gun

Old 09-01-2021, 05:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Quote:
I was talking to a gentleman the other day and you know what his big concern was. Not that our president handed an entire nation to terrorists on a silver platter. No...His big concern was that the New England Patriots cut Cam Newton off their roster. Honestly how can a nation survive with a populace so disengaged!
Dude has a point though. Mac Jones is looking good but he's got nobody to back him up if he gets injured or can't handle the pressure. And what if he gets covid?

Old 09-01-2021, 05:24 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
I was talking to a gentleman the other day and you know what his big concern was. Not that our president handed an entire nation to terrorists on a silver platter. No...His big concern was that the New England Patriots cut Cam Newton off their roster. Honestly how can a nation survive with a populace so disengaged!
I agree but TRUMP is no longer President so we can't Impeach him for doing that now.

You do remember that he is the one who negotiated this deal with them right?

Old 09-01-2021, 05:27 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times
Quote:

You do remember that he is the one who negotiated this deal with them right?

Yes he did...but it was a withdrawal with honor..but your good ole Joey tore it all up!

Old 09-01-2021, 05:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:

And yet maybe we are just beginning.

Life is what you make it.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:30 AM

7,912 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
America has had low points before, that last one was after the end of Vietnam, and the whole Iranian hostage situation.

However good leaders often emerge in such situations, for example Churchill at the start of WW2 or even great US leaders such as Roosevelt, Eisenhower, JFK etc.

I think Americans are made of sterner stuff, and that every black cloud has a silver lining.

Biden is a one term President (if that) and the future can quickly change.
Trump is the guy who stepped up to the plate this time. Maybe that's the best we can do right now. If you look at our political class across both parties you see a dearth of good leadership all around. We needed an outsider to step up. One did, and we learned that our entrenched establishment/bureaucratic class will bend or even break the rules entirely to knock the outsider down, while the people cheer them on. You can say "well maybe another outsider will step up" but those types of people usually only come around once every generation or so. The change we need isn't coming from the inside either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies