Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 06:21 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
6 weeks in Texas seems a bit short.

What should it really be.
I thought we already had a compromise for abortion. It’s called Roe v Wade:

1st trimester, no restrictions
2nd trimester, the state may impose reasonable health regulations
3rd trimester, the state may prohibit abortion, except if the mother’s life is endangered

Old 09-10-2021, 06:23 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
When a pregnant Laci Peterson was found drowned in San Francisco Bay in 2002, her husband was charged and convicted of two homicides: First-degree murder for the mother, and second-degree murder for the unborn child.

Abortion pushers apparently think that, if the mother doesn't die, then killing the unborn child is suddenly OK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laci_Peterson
We don't think, we know that women obtaining legal abortion cannot be charged with murder or manslaughter. Ditto their health care providers.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Respect has nothing to do with it lol.

Did you not read your own source?

Planned Parenthood says that in real life it is hard to practice perfectly and results in about a 20% pregnancy rate. That's pretty whiz poor birth control in most anyone's book.
I not only read my own link, I already shared the perfect use and the typical use numbers. You must have totally missed that.

Ever heard of doubling up? Withdrawal plus a condom.. Withdrawal plus the pill. The pill plus a condom.

Lots of options that are very effective.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What makes you think men don't sue for and get full custody of their children? How much in the dark are you?
I know one, he got the shaft by the system. Hell, I couldn't get a protective order due to threatening comments by an ex's aunt for daring to break it off with her... The law is sexist against men in some ways that we don't even realize.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I’m guessing you missed the part about Sperm bank………
So you're saying I'm not to be trusted? What have I done to be treated like a criminal? Having a penis isn't a crime and I'm responsible unlike others of any gender. Also what happens if the sperm bank loses power or the sperm get stolen like in a Law & Order: SVU episode?

Old 09-10-2021, 06:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I not only read my own link, I already shared the perfect use and the typical use numbers. You must have totally missed that.

Ever heard of doubling up? Withdrawal plus a condom.. Withdrawal plus the pill. The pill plus a condom.

Lots of options that are very effective.
OK.......I see the confusion.

You first posted the effectiveness of typical use incorrectly.

You might want to edit that if you still can.

Forget the above. You were jumping around with different forms of contraceptive but in response to a comment that withdrawal was a laughable form of contraceptive you slid in that imperfect use was around 78% effective as if that were not laughable lol.

Very clever on your part. I'll give you that. But, highly misleading as usual to avoid admitting you are wrong.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:45 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
OK.......I see the confusion.

You first posted the effectiveness of typical use incorrectly.

You might want to edit that if you still can.

Forget the above. You were jumping around with different forms of contraceptive but in response to a comment that withdrawal was a laughable form of contraceptive you slid in that imperfect use was around 78% effective as if that were not laughable lol.

Very clever on your part. I'll give you that. But, highly misleading as usual to avoid admitting you are wrong.
What I shared was correct. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:49 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
6 weeks in Texas seems a bit short.

What should it really be.
5096 weeks.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:07 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. It's legal precedent. Again, the legal precedent is that a fetus is a separate human life and its killers are charged with murder, or at least manslaughter.
Sure, sure, that's why prisons are filled with women who had abortions.

Oh, wait.

That's right. Legal precedent is that an abortion done with the consent of the pregnant woman is not in fact murder. So there is no precedent as you claim, which you are aware of because it's already been pointed out to you. Ignoring the facts doesn't actually make them go away.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:14 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Fetuses, not babies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Fetus, not baby.
Hmm, I keep forgetting. To the abortion pushers, they are not people, they are property. Objects. The same fib used in the South to enslave black people in the 1800s. In the Democrat party, some things never change.

Last edited by Roboteer; 09-10-2021 at 07:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies