Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 10:46 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
I agree you are right. Since when have parents given their children a choice until they are able to do so. AND .... it should not be. Again NONE of your business.

One cannot debate with fanatics, so I will stop trying.
Parents don’t typically get to kill their children.

On the contrary, people’s medical decisions for all things including vaccines is none of your business.

I’m a realist.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:48 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Your husband is not physically inside of you nor is he physically dependent on you to suck nutrients out of you. Yes, the fetus is sucking nutrients from you for its survival. And you don't have to raise your husband.
This argument would warrant killing babies who can’t yet fully care for themselves because they can’t yet crawl or walk their way to get access to food and would not survive without someone feeding them. It’s not a good argument.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:49 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
I agree you are right. Since when have parents given their children a choice until they are able to do so. AND .... it should not be. Again NONE of your business.

One cannot debate with fanatics, so I will stop trying.
The counter argument to this would be that "keep to yourself" should apply also to the pregnant individual who is commandeering surgical instruments to terminate another life. Not that I think abortion should be totally banned, but that would be the argument.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:49 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
I agree with: My body my choice, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT AFFECT OTHERS. It cannot be compared to Vaccines, although it does make the GQP out to being big Hypocrites as usual.

Personally, I have no problem with Texas and their new law. Let them deal with all the unwanted kids and pay for them, give them housing, feed, them, hopefully they can afford it. I think they are cutting their own thoughts. Let the Texas tax payer pay for it all. As if they do not already pay absurdly high Real Estate Taxes.

Let all those churches spend all their followers money on abortion litigation. No issue here. Let all the fanatics spend their cash to litigate anyone they choose and even invent cases. It is theirs and the states money. sometimes your imaginary friend is not always right.
I agree as long as the state is the only one paying for the result. No tapping federal funds for a state’s choice. Leave it as it is just don’t make the rest of the country pay for the poverty stricken babies that will result.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:50 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Your husband is not physically inside of you nor is he physically dependent on you to suck nutrients out of you. Yes, the fetus is sucking nutrients from you for its survival. And you don't have to raise your husband.
That makes it worse. A defenseless baby. Who's looking out for HIS/HER rights?

Old 09-01-2021, 10:53 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Abortion is nothing more than a medically induced miscarriage. Do you support charging all women who have miscarriages with manslaughter then?

Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Abortion is not unlawful under current jurisprudence. It's not a murder.

And yes, MUCH better sex ed actually driven by biology, not ideology, and wider availability of birth control, and wider availability of the morning after pill.
The bolded.

And anti choice men, especially ones who think it's fine to compel a woman to give birth to her rapist's baby, should mind their own business.

As men, it's none of our business what a woman wants to do with her body.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:53 AM

989 posts, read 768,841 times
The problem with the Texas law is it will spawn back street abortionists, like back in the dark ages. This will not only kill the fetus, but it will definitely kill the fetus and often endanger and sometimes kill the mother. Or, go to a sensible state, but unfortunately they often cannot afford that option. Hold on, that is what the GQP wants, to digress America to where it was in those dark ages.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:54 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That makes it worse. A defenseless baby. Who's looking out for HIS/HER rights?
Fetus, not baby.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:58 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Abortion ends a life. Don’t be silly.

I am pro choice for a wide variety of reasons but not in denial about what it is or what it does. It ends a life and that life has zero say in the matter.
I am pro choice as well but the inherent assumption in this viewpoint is that the pregnancy would have been carried to term had the abortion not occurred. None of us can possibly know that. The mother can miscarry, be hit by a milk truck and die, be assaulted and end up on life support, etc. . .

Old 09-01-2021, 10:59 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,448,689 times
The Texas Taliban just made airlifting their women to safety illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies