Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 07:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
And yet other countries with substantial single parent rates don’t experience the same consequences.

Why is this?
When comparing modern nations, like OECD nations, the crime and education stats between single parent and 2 parent families, which countries show the rates of crime and education are similar?

In America, it doesn't matter how you group, by race, religion, or region of the country, children raised in a single parent environment don't get the guidance they need and are worse off, as a group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 07:29 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
No, I've never been there, but if it is an upscale neighborhood, I would expect other upper class people to step in and intervene. If they are scared, then where are the police? Where are the upper class black people that can calm the riff raff down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicOverlord View Post
What? Who wants to stick their neck out like that? I'll pass
We live in a sad and pathetic world where people would rather whip out their smart phones and record the assault, and then go home and upload it to whatever SM site they subscribe to to get as many likes as they can muster. Someone could be laying dying in the street and at least 10 people would be video recording the victim without a single one thinking about calling 911. This is the trash America is producing these days.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm not going to watch the video, because these beat-down videos disturb me on a visceral level. But I wonder how it all started. Did the crowd of black thugs just appear out of nowhere and attack the two white guys? Or were they already there, and the white guys walked into the crowd? What I'm asking is, did the white people have any reasonable opportunity to avoid this crowd before they were attacked, or were they ambushed?
Watch the video. No ambush.

One guy is obviously drunk and possibly provoked a reaction. 3 guys started beating on him.

Another guy walking in the street was sucker- punched and then robbed by someone else. Someone even took the victim’s shoes.

The 2 victims don’t know each other.

Probably 100 + witnesses on foot and sitting in cars in traffic. No one attempted to help.

Both incidents occurred within seconds of each other in the middle of a busy street.

There are multiple videos of these attacks from different vantage points. Police were able to identify one of the alleged attackers. He is 40 something , from a middle class suburb and has been charged with 2 felony cts aggravated battery, 2 felony CT’s robbery and the icing on the cake ; 1 felony ct of possessing a stolen vehicle.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:31 PM

1,153 posts, read 630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The irony is that I used to work as a telemarketer. Never again. I hated being a telemarketer. The abuse I got from some of the people I called.

All that aside, it's something we can both relate to. Being told we don't "sound Black". The thing is, I've been told this mostly by non-Black people. A few Black people have said this to me, but very few.

I've gotten the "Carlton" comments alot. Being a nerdy, bookish, and somewhat preppy looking Black person, I got those comments. I'm also 5'5". I don't know if I've ever been mistaken for a Republican. However, there are some people who have tried to get me to vote for a Republican candidate. I tend to get a bit uncomfortable because I wonder if said persons are just out for themselves.

It's interesting that you have had some conservatives share their views with you. I try to avoid most political discussions, particularly if the person I'm speaking with has a habit of not thinking before speaking. Some people have volunteered to share their political views with me. And as mentioned earlier, a few people have tried to get me to vote Republican. I've also ran into some individuals who seem

Just the same, being a "non-stereotypical" Black man comes with its own problems. On one hand, "Pookie and Ray Ray" get far more attention. On the other hand, it can also elicit bewilderment for some individuals. Not saying everyone reacts this way.
I don't get told that I sound "White" mainly because I have bass in my voice. It's kind of similar to how Neil Degrasse and Byron Allen speak proper but they're still unmistakenly Black voice wise. Most White people can tell I'm Black by my voice and my voice was actually one of the main reasons I was temporarily successful at radio.

Also, I should specify that people usually share conservative views with me only after speaking with me for a while. We don't just jump to political conservations from the get go. It's usually your typical ice breaker where we get to know each other then a discussion of current events then politics might pop up after that current events discussion. My takes on these current events usually are unbiased and aren't positions that the Left typically takes so I attribute me being mistaken for a Republican as opposed to an Independent based on that.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:35 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What’s the deal with grabbing the crotch constantly? I can’t watch this garbage. I’m sick of this world.
They were inspired by Michael Jackson

Old 09-01-2021, 07:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When comparing modern nations, like OECD nations, the crime and education stats between single parent and 2 parent families, which countries show the rates of crime and education are similar?

In America, it doesn't matter how you group, by race, religion, or region of the country, children raised in a single parent environment don't get the guidance they need and are worse off, as a group.
In most cases the single parent is the mother.

No surprise. Education attainment of the mother, while no guarantee, seems to be a factor in outcomes.

The out of wedlock birth rate seems to be stabilizing for black women, while it continues to increase for white and Hispanic women.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:56 PM

1,153 posts, read 630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In most cases the single parent is the mother.

No surprise. Education attainment of the mother, while no guarantee, seems to be a factor in outcomes.

The out of wedlock birth rate seems to be stabilizing for black women, while it continues to increase for white and Hispanic women.
Interesting.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:02 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
i love threads like this because in other threads yall say you don't see race or people need to stop playing the race card, then BOOM...when a potential crime is involved you see color all of a sudden.
The point is how the media reports and frames events. They have a narrative and it's plain to see.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Eventually this country will become fed up with being victimized by a predatory criminal minority and the pendulum will swing back towards sanity. Until then, the only logical choice is to get out of harm's way. Across America white people are migrating to "safe" places like Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

I spent 30+ years as a teacher trying to change the mindset of urban teenagers. In retrospect, it was 30+ years wasted. There is no fixing these miscreants. America's only hope is to reduce their numbers through financial disincentives.

Since I'm older now and consequently more vulnerable, I retired to a state where these thugs don't live. I consider it to be the best decision I've ever made. It has been an incredible stress-reducer and I recommend it to everyone.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 09-01-2021 at 08:23 PM..

Old 09-01-2021, 08:29 PM

930 posts, read 333,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
You don't like it, your Grandfather shouldn't have voted for LBJ...

Or Reagan.

Both of those Men created the conditions you see in most Urban Black communities today in the USA.
BS, I lived in Chicago in the early 80s. These kind of attacks have been going on since at least then. The only difference now is that it's caught on video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies