Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2021, 12:33 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
So why did they attack the 2nd guy?
probably talking too. One thing i know is people don't get randomly jumped like you all think. LOL...most people earn their a$$ whoopings. the streets don't operate like this fantasy land City-data has created. People get jumped because THEY do or say things, not for just being there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 12:36 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Did you watch the video?

They even took the white person's shoes! In whose world, this is justified?
It's not justified anywhere. The thing is, the person who did that likely would do that to other Black people. Any violent individual likely understands little else but death and destruction.

39,192 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's not justified anywhere. The thing is, the person who did that likely would do that to other Black people. Any violent individual likely understands little else but death and destruction.
yeah, agreed.

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You spoke as if you knew exactly what happened!

Street justice? I am a girl and know nothing about street justice. When I saw three men beat up 1 and took his shoes, I saw three cowards. That is just common sense stuff.
"I am a girl and know nothing about street justice."

that's all you need to say. you don't know what you're speaking on, but you want your opinion, and the your made up story based on nothing to hold weight. Like i said, drunk people talking trash and getting beat up happens all the time. People just get triggered when they see a black person winning the fight against a white person. And it doesn't matter who the black and white people are, people will get triggered. Martin Luther King could be beating up Hitler, and people will saying MLK overreacted and "2 wrongs don't make a right".

Old 09-06-2021, 12:50 PM

39,192 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
"I am a girl and know nothing about street justice."

that's all you need to say. you don't know what you're speaking on, but you want your opinion, and the your made up story based on nothing to hold weight. Like i said, drunk people talking trash and getting beat up happens all the time. People just get triggered when they see a black person winning the fight against a white person. And it doesn't matter who the black and white people are, people will get triggered. Martin Luther King could be beating up Hitler, and people will saying MLK overreacted and "2 wrongs don't make a right".
bold just showed your bias.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
One of the victims spoke to the news. Note that the news people never called the victims white and the attackers black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTQnbnKifZ4
Nothing new. Chicago's Black middle class has been leaving Chicago for quite some time. This video was made in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8w5I0rg8sE&t=103s

Old 09-06-2021, 01:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, growing up, I never questioned why any Black person would vote Democrat. Then again, I never asked alot of questions as far as who would vote for whom. I didn't care. What started to get me was why other individuals cared. It never occurred to me to ask. I never thought about it. It was when I got into my 20s, started coming to this website, that is when I noticed what others were thinking. It is when I got around some individuals who loved to argue about politics that I started noticing.

I know that it's my vote, my responsibility. However, during election cycles, I started thinking that many people don't feel that way.

As far as this thread goes, we have individuals blaming this on LBJ. People are blaming it on "Black people only vote Democrat because they want free stuff". I see alot of comments that are really stupid. My own research has showed me that high crime rates in Black ghettos, that is nothing new. It's been the case for the balance of the 20th century. The individuals who rioted during the 1960s, alot of them were born during the mid 1940s. Many, like Barry White, were migrants from states like Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. That is why I can't blame it on LBJ, or on welfare.
Well, part of the reason for the above is that this is a political forum. We're all challenged about why we do things, it's just that in your case, race becomes part of the discussion.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, part of the reason for the above is that this is a political forum. We're all challenged about why we do things, it's just that in your case, race becomes part of the discussion.
It might be part of it. As for race, I've had to deal with race issues most of my life. To the point where it spilled over into politics, well, I will put it to you this way. It only started to occur to me when I was barely 18. The first time I ever heard "why do Blacks vote Democrat" is when I came to city-data in 2007 (I was barely 21 at the time). Before that, I never even thought to question why most Blacks voted Democrat.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:08 PM

It's been a sad weekend in Chicago. 5 killed and 53 wounded in shootings. A 4 year old visiting from Alabama was murdered. A man drowned in Lake Michigan. I didn't go looking for these stories. All I did was type "Chicago".

Old 09-06-2021, 02:08 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
yes, when you talk trash and get beat up people will go in your pockets. it happens. stop crying because some drunk idiot got some street justice. It happens every night regardless of race.
Not "people", just people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies