Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 10:44 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I have read from several sources that the animals are in the care of Kabul Small Animal Rescue. Some of them may have been the pets of fleeing Americans. None of them are military dogs. Fox is reporting that they have been moved to a shelter seven miles out of Kabul.

https://www.fox61.com/mobile/article...0-02c1067a6d9f

A sad story any way you look at it; but the truth is a bit more palatable than the swirling stories.
Thanks! The Kabul Small Animal Rescue has been in Kabul for over a year doing rescue work just like any rescue group anywhere. These pets may have been in their care for that entire year, strays they found, puppies/kittens due to no spay/neuter, etc. They don't seem to be leftovers from U.S. citizens but I suppose that someone could have turned their pet into the rescue when they left.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:45 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
I have been a vocal critic on Joe Biden and his mismanagement of Afghanistan, but I do not like misinformation, and yes I am a veteran. I have seen several sources debunk this, no dogs were left behind.

https://www.fox61.com/article/news/v...0-02c1067a6d9f
Once again, a 'debunking' that doesn't address the root issue but pretends to by 'debunking' specific details.

There seem to be dogs left behind in Afghanistan, and private groups trying to get them out.

Anyone with half a brain, who wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan, could have been quietly removing personnel, pets, and military animals for months, yet here we are. All of this is inexcusable.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:46 AM

17,378 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Once again, a 'debunking' that doesn't address the root issue but pretends to by 'debunking' specific details.

There seem to be dogs left behind in Afghanistan, and private groups trying to get them out.

Anyone with half a brain, who wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan, could have been quietly removing personnel and military animals for months, yet here we are. All of this is inexcusable.
I 100% agree.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:47 AM

362 posts, read 140,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Anyone with half a brain, who wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan, could have been quietly removing personnel and military animals for months, yet here we are. All of this is inexcusable.
I never excused ANY of the behavior of withdrawal and the atrocities being committed with the help of the Biden administration, however I have seen on multiple sites, Instagram, conservative vets claiming no military working dogs were left behind, the key being US owned military working dogs.

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
What's a military cat? I thought cats don't work.
it's as if the subject hadn't been discussed and a thread posted, though you gotta hand it to them for the "military cats" angle. At least it's worth a chuckle.

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Thanks! The Kabul Small Animal Rescue has been in Kabul for over a year doing rescue work just like any rescue group anywhere. These pets may have been in their care for that entire year, strays they found, puppies/kittens due to no spay/neuter, etc. They don't seem to be leftovers from U.S. citizens but I suppose that someone could have turned their pet into the rescue when they left.
That's interesting since dogs are considered unclean under the teachings of Islam and believers are instructed to avoid contact with them.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:48 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Biden administration claiming this isn't true because.....it costs hundreds fo thousands of $$ to train those dogs. Yet.....we left almost $90 BILLION in war equipment there. These people are beyond incompetent. And quite frankly, they should fire their PR team, too.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:49 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
I know. But this disinformation just goes on and on and on here and no one cares to stop it.
Without question. The helicopter story is still up, and every 10 minutes another bogus thread is being put up. The first page of the forum is for most part an anti-Biden propaganda page

Old 09-01-2021, 10:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
I cannot for the life of me see a military dog handler leaving their dog behind. They simply wouldn’t do it. They’d stand up for a 15 hour flight and give their dog their seat before leaving them behind. I was a bit dubious about them being active military dogs because of this.

There’s still a story to be told about why 52 dogs were in kennels in a hangar at the airport. But ... it’s good to know at least that they weren’t military dogs.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:53 AM

17,378 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
They were pets. Why would a rescue in Kabul bring cages of animals to the airport and abandon them, then go back and get them? Makes no sense.

The animals were brought to the airport by their owners. It may not be what you want to believe but that doesn't make it less true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies