Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 11:00 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I know. But this disinformation just goes on and on and on here and no one cares to stop it.
See my most recent post. The article that I posted in post #2, and the Fox article posted in post #2, are both correct. They cover different topics and there is no conflict between them.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Military.com reports the dogs were taken out of their crates and are being housed in a large building near the airport. The rescue is run by an American woman, Charlotte Maxwell-Jones, who refused to get on a plane unless the dogs were boarded too.

Now, I wonder which category she falls under according to Sour Psaki?

1. An American who was given a chance to leave but chose to stay?

Or

2. One that was “stranded?”

So much BS being spewed I feel dirty.
You should feel dirty. For instance, I don't know, what do anti-Biden propagandists classify this woman as? Left behind for dead? Hoping that her head ends up on a stake so you can use her as political ammunition in your team sports political mind? Should Afghan citizens who helped the US had their seats given to rescued dogs?

People should feel dirty. If you posted the helicopter story, and then didn't come on an admit you were duped and were played for a fool by right wing media, you SHOULD feel dirty.

IF you believed that tens of thousands of Americans were left for dead in Afghanistan and spread that lie and your outrage about it, you should feel dirty as well.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It is possible the people showed up and were told they couldn't bring their pets because there was no room on the plane.
This is my best guess as to what happened. Fleeing families were most likely told that there was no room for the dogs, or perhaps they were departing on planes that lacked zoned cargo space for animals, so they were expecting to ship them out separately. Pretty heartbreaking stuff.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:04 AM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
More lies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=4088695641db

"The U.S. provided an estimated $83 billion worth of training and equipment to Afghan security forces since 2001. This year, alone, the U.S. military aid to Afghan forces was $3 billion."

So Trump spread misinformation, and you continue to spread it.
From your own link:

Quote:
Not helping transparency, the Biden Administration is now hiding key audits on Afghan military equipment.
IF it's not an insanely staggering amount, why are they hiding it?

Old 09-01-2021, 11:04 AM

17,390 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This is my best guess as to what happened. Fleeing families were most likely told that there was no room for the dogs, or perhaps they were departing on planes that lacked zoned cargo space for animals, so they were expecting to ship them out separately. Pretty heartbreaking stuff.
Maybe if the Biden Administration hadn't given so many of our taxpayer funded planes to the Taliban we would have been able to bring those babies home on a separate flight.

The fleeing families probably thought that their pets would ride in cargo on the same plane with them. Why else would they bring their fur babies to the airport?

Old 09-01-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Maybe if the Biden Administration hadn't given so many of our taxpayer funded planes to the Taliban we would have been able to bring those babies home on a separate flight.

The fleeing families probably thought that their pets would ride in cargo on the same plane with them. Why else would they bring their fur babies to the airport?
You can't fly cats home on fighter planes..that were left to the Afghan army, not the taliban.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:06 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

You are preaching to the choir here. I’m a disgusted American.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
From your own link:

IF it's not an insanely staggering amount, why are they hiding it?
So now it's an "insanely staggering amount".

I assume you will never post that $90B number again, or you will continue to post it because it's good propaganda.

We spent $90B in Afghanistan form 2001 arming, training, and paying the Afghan army. That's staggering enough, but of course you can't blame it ALL on Biden and you probably voted for Bush twice and Trump as well, all of whom are behind that number, so it isn't nearly as useful for silly political games you are entertaining yourself playing on the internet.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:11 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You can't fly cats home on fighter planes..that were left to the Afghan army, not the taliban.
No matter who the direct recipient of the weapons was, the US clearly should have collected them before leaving.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
This situation is the same as what happened to many pets in Louisiana when Ida rolled through. They weren't welcome at most shelters, and fleeing people sometimes had no choice but to leave them behind.

OR, stay in a dangerous situation with their pets.

And now, animal rescues in surrounding states are taking care of them. As animal rescue in Kabal is.

That's what emergency situations create, for pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies