Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 03:36 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times

Advertisements

“I have 180 days to turn them [students] into revolutionaries.… Scare the f*ck out of them,” Gipe says in the video.“I post a calendar every week…. I’ve had students show up for protests, community events, tabling, food distribution, all sorts of things…When they go, they take pictures, write up a reflection — that’s their extra credit.”

“I have an Antifa flag on my [classroom] wall and a student complained about that — he said it made him feel uncomfortable,” Gipe explained. “Well, this [Antifa flag] is meant to make fascists feel uncomfortable, so if you feel uncomfortable, I don’t really know what to tell you. Maybe you shouldn’t be aligning with the values that this [Antifa flag] is antithetical to.”

Un-F'ing-real!!!! Parents, keep fighting this fight so we can get these disgusting humans out of our school system! The video is also in the link.

Sources:

https://thenewamerican.com/project-v...her-as-antifa/

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/...its-communist/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 03:51 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
There is a thread on this already. Hope the guy gets fired, but it's Cali... And when the video was presented to the school principle, they threatened to call the cops on PV. What a goofy state...

Old 09-01-2021, 04:14 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
So we can only teach what the Texas government deems appropriate? Expose students to all viewpoints and let them make up their own mind. Anything else is dangerous.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:53 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Why can't teachers just teach the basics that so many kids are deficient in, instead of thrusting their own narrow view points and opinions into the lessons?

My 11 year old niece was visiting last week and she goes to a private Christian school and one of her teachers, that she admitted to not liking much actually has been known to wear a BLM shirt. I responded that is a type of racism and ALL Lives Matter to Jesus. A bit later in our talk she admitted to sometimes feeling ashamed that she is white. That triggered another talk that started with, don't ever be ashamed of how you or anyone else looks. Everyone gets equal respect until they choose to ruin it. She learned about MLK and his content of character speech.

It is sad what they are teaching the kids these days. Anyone indoctrinating kids with this Far Leftist crap should lose their jobs.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:57 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
So we can only teach what the Texas government deems appropriate? Expose students to all viewpoints and let them make up their own mind. Anything else is dangerous.
All education should be private and funded by the parents of the students. What is taught in the school should be decided between the school admin and the parents. Only.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:58 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Follow ups...

Old 09-01-2021, 08:45 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
I've been following this story on the Project Veritas YT channel. I'm very happy this teacher has been relieved of his duty. I also agree with the woman who spoke at the Board meeting. She told the Board that this teacher should be fired NOW, not put on paid leave or temporary status. She said he needs to be gone now.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm a logical person and a parent who raised two children in the public school system. I also volunteered in the classroom. While the majority of the teachers are good and decent and really just want to teach our children the fundamental basics of education, there are those radicals who slip in through the cracks.

Keep politics out of the schools with the exception of teaching Political Science but then teach it the way it was intended. Show all sides, not just one or the other.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:47 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
I don’t believe a word that comes from Project Veritas.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:11 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The words came from the Teacher though. That's the point. You can watch the video.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:12 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Why not? In this case, it sounds like the school district investigated the issue, found that the teacher violated guidelines related to politics in the classroom, and has decided to fire the teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies