Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 05:09 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Does the prescribing doctor have admitting privileges to that hospital? If not then I can understand why the doctors at the hospital refused. The hospital and acting physician could be sued for malpractice.
Doctor is in a suburb outside of Dayton, OH, and affiliated with Kettering. I would say probably not.

In general I would say the better thing to do would be to just discharge the patient and have him go to Kettering if they're not happy with the care. Hospitals aren't going to in general want a bunch of random doctors with no privileges at the hospital who have no involvement with the patient making medical calls from 50 miles away over the telephone. On the other hand in this case they've already exhausted everything anyway, prognosis isn't good, might as well just throw the hail Mary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 05:16 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hundreds of millions of people around the world have been successfully treated for covid with Ivermectin but there is no money to be made from it so even though it would have saved most death that have occurred, our US health people refuse to allow it oftentimes because they can't make money on it.
Hundreds of millions? Ludicrous claim.

Only 220 million people in the entire world have ever been diagnosed with COVID.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Old 09-01-2021, 05:57 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
You can literally make a topic about the best Chinese restaurants in America and some way some lib will bring up Trump.
Tha'ts right invoking Trumps name is reserved for the faithful who do so every chance they get because he is living rent free in their heads. For anyone else he is off limits unless it is a positive example...

Old 09-01-2021, 06:02 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Patient had not responded well to other treatments. Like vaccines, no treatment is 100% effective or without side effects.

Given the patient was on death’s doorstep, I wonder why the hospital opposed the treatment.

The MD who prescribed the treatment is a part of the loosely- knit Front Line Doctor’s alliance.
This group was a previous advocate for Hydroxychloroquine to prevent and cure Covid. That did not pan out well.

Dr Stella Immanuel is affiliated with this group. Trump and Jr retweeted a video about her spouting the wonders of hydroxychloroquine. They likely were unaware this doctor has her own ministry and believes demons and space aliens have sex with people while they sleep and in doing so infect them with disease.
The hospital may have been looking at the legal ramifications if the treatment goes against their protocols and practices; of course the patient could have gone to another hospital that was willing to accommodate the doctors order if any exist.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:05 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Doctor is in a suburb outside of Dayton, OH, and affiliated with Kettering. I would say probably not.

In general I would say the better thing to do would be to just discharge the patient and have him go to Kettering if they're not happy with the care. Hospitals aren't going to in general want a bunch of random doctors with no privileges at the hospital who have no involvement with the patient making medical calls from 50 miles away over the telephone. On the other hand in this case they've already exhausted everything anyway, prognosis isn't good, might as well just throw the hail Mary.
So you're saying the hospital has the right to refuse a doctor's prescription for their patient just because they don't have admitting privileges? If my doctor has me on a specific diabetes medication and I travel across the country and break my arm, does that hospital now have the right to refuse me my specific, prescribed, diabetic medication?

Old 09-01-2021, 07:07 PM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So you're saying the hospital has the right to refuse a doctor's prescription for their patient just because they don't have admitting privileges? If my doctor has me on a specific diabetes medication and I travel across the country and break my arm, does that hospital now have the right to refuse me my specific, prescribed, diabetic medication?
Yes. They might be contraindicated if you need surgery or for some other medicine they need to prescribe. Hospitals do not like outside pills. They're pretty strict on that and people sneaking in drugs they don't have you on. I mean, diabetes medicine isn't that likely to have that many interactions but in general if you're admitted they do take over all of the prescriptions which can include switching meds.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:09 PM

4,508 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Failed medical system, failed education system, failed government system, failed military system, what’s next libs?

Old 09-01-2021, 07:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Patient had not responded well to other treatments. Like vaccines, no treatment is 100% effective or without side effects.

Given the patient was on death’s doorstep, I wonder why the hospital opposed the treatment.

The MD who prescribed the treatment is a part of the loosely- knit Front Line Doctor’s alliance.
This group was a previous advocate for Hydroxychloroquine to prevent and cure Covid. That did not pan out well.

Dr Stella Immanuel is affiliated with this group. Trump and Jr retweeted a video about her spouting the wonders of hydroxychloroquine. They likely were unaware this doctor has her own ministry and believes demons and space aliens have sex with people while they sleep and in doing so infect them with disease.
I would guess the hospital would refuse the treatment because it isn't FDA-approved in the manner of which the prescription was given to the patient.

Lawsuits and such in the kangaroo courts (government proceedings).

In any event, it's too bad neither political party believes in the free market where involuntary third parties don't muck-up the waters when it comes to such matters.

Or it could be because Ivermectin comes from alien sex.

Either, or.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:18 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Failed medical system, failed education system, failed government system, failed military system, what’s next libs?
anything the government touches, turns into destruction.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,912,815 times
the dude has been on a vent for over a month and is in a coma. he's gonna die there. it wasn't "his" doctor who prescribed it, it was some random doctor his wife found that is not affiliated with the hospital. if ivermectin was going to help him, the ICU where he is would have given it to him. smh.

coulda gotten a free vaccine but hey gotta enjoy those freedoms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies