Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 06:01 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,350,554 times

Advertisements

The majority were left behind? Is this true?

How was this possible when they were amongst the highest priority group, after Americans, to be evacuated?

So who then were on all those planes? I guess they were all legitimate translators and their dependents, but the majority were still left behind due to the rushed timeline to leave by the deadline?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 06:02 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trump was terrible. (Yes I know you disagree)

I thought there was no way we could get worse.

We have worse.

At the rate we are going the next pres will be a zoophile cannibal.
Not one soldier was killed in the last 18 months. Afghanistan was neutralized with only 2,500 non combat soldiers where we provided air support and logistics to the Afghan Army. The Taliban were always on the the run living in caves where they belong and Afghanistan wouldn’t become Disney World for terrorists. Foreign policy is where Trump truly shined.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:06 AM

16,757 posts, read 8,181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I'm sure Snopes and Wapo fact checkers will deem this FALSE based on some technicality on the verbiage. They'll say something like "we've found over half the people who didn't get out had been finished processing or not yet processed, so they were not applicants." Or "we could only find 49.7% of interpreters could not get out, not a majority." FALSE
Or that due to the speed of the Taliban's takeover. The people could not reach the Kabel airport.

Ultimately, Trump shooting off his mouth and giving the Taliban the opportunity to walk in. When whole parts of Afghan Military were allowed to just dissolve due to Trump's negotiation.

History will be on Biden's side.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:15 AM

Those poor translators left behind. I shudder to think of their fate.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:16 AM

947 posts, read 295,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Those poor translators left behind. I shudder to think of their fate.
Many of them have already been killed, and I'm sure in a horrific way. That's how the Taliban operates - and this is the group of savages that Biden wants to partner with.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:18 AM

5,294 posts, read 3,171,025 times
The people with their panties in a wad over this are the same people crying about "we're full" "we don't need more immigrants" and "where are we going to put these people".

They just change the comments to suit their BDS.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:18 AM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I'm sure Snopes and Wapo fact checkers will deem this FALSE based on some technicality on the verbiage. They'll say something like "we've found over half the people who didn't get out had been finished processing or not yet processed, so they were not applicants." Or "we could only find 49.7% of interpreters could not get out, not a majority." FALSE
or they'd use their standard cop-out 'mixed, lacks context.'

Old 09-03-2021, 06:42 AM

According to the WSJ, the evacuation of the interpreters was hampered by:

1. Slow bureaucratic process not designed for the chaotic nature of the situation

2. Terrorist threat

3. Limiting number of checkpoints to airport

4. Taliban checkpoints slowing process

5. Threat of rapid and widespread fraud of any issuance of the clearance papers

Biden’s administration have stated they will continue working to get those left behind out. How?

Old 09-03-2021, 06:46 AM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
The majority were left behind? Is this true?

How was this possible when they were amongst the highest priority group, after Americans, to be evacuated?

So who then were on all those planes? I guess they were all legitimate translators and their dependents, but the majority were still left behind due to the rushed timeline to leave by the deadline?
Who indeed? I’m sure I can guess. Probably just anyone who could get to the airfield in time. How many think there was a lot of vetting?

Old 09-03-2021, 06:48 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Or that due to the speed of the Taliban's takeover. The people could not reach the Kabel airport.

Ultimately, Trump shooting off his mouth and giving the Taliban the opportunity to walk in. When whole parts of Afghan Military were allowed to just dissolve due to Trump's negotiation.

History will be on Biden's side.

History better hurry the **** up!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-7320.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies