Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 06:21 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times

Advertisements

So?

My kids are at greater risk from vaccine-induced myocarditis than hospitalization due to Covid. Fed.gov can take their shot and shove it.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:57 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Historian Max Boot wrote a reminder that, despite the outrage from right-wingers, this isn't necessarily a brand-new unheard-of idea. Starting back two and a half centuries ago - and at that time, it really was experimental in a way we can barely imagine.
To my knowledge, there has never been a national call for mandatory vaccinations of all Americans, or the equivalent of such by denying services to someone who is unvaccinated.

Vaccinating all military personnel isn't the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Last year Dems were anti-vax because it was being rushed, dangerous, too-new technology, unproven science. This year jab me? Nah, call me an old school Democrat
Precisely.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:25 PM

831 posts, read 332,879 times
Quote:
Historian Max Boot wrote a reminder that, despite the outrage from right-wingers, this isn't necessarily a brand-new unheard-of idea. Starting back two and a half centuries ago - and at that time, it really was experimental in a way we can barely imagine.

America has a long history of vaccination mandates. Why should the worst plague in a century be any different?
Republicans who oppose “defunding the police” or support a “war on terrorism” recognize that there is no freedom without security. They are willing to accept substantial infringements on civil liberties to combat criminals and terrorists. Yet they insist on dropping our guard against a pandemic that has already killed nearly as many Americans (617,000 and counting) as died in battle during all U.S. wars combined.
Ever since George Washington forced his troops to be inoculated against smallpox in 1777, Americans have routinely complied with vaccination mandates.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...can-apple-pie/
America has a long history of revolution and telling the government to shove their mandates and dictatorial BS where the sun don't shine as well. I will protect my wife and children at ALL costs. I may die doing so but not before they are safe from jackbooted thugs and several are gone with me. I don't think the government understands how little I value my life. I live for my wife and kids. That's it. That's why I get up every morning. That's why I bust my butt, to give them a better life.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:32 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
America has a long history of mandatory vaccination
Can you show me where the government has mandated a vaccine for a disease with a sub-one-percent conditional mortality rate for those below eighty years of age? In fact, can you show me when a vaccine was even developed in the past for a disease with such a low mortality rate?

You people are being played like an old fiddle. Billions of dollars are being made off from your stupidity.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:48 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,018 times
You know that's an opinion piece, right? And Max Boot gives me the creeps. I would not waste my time reading Max Boot's opinion.

You failed to mention that Americans have a long history of vaccine hesitancy. People should stop trying to make it seem as if there is something wrong with the unvaccinated.

If you want to make it political, then attack the unvaccinated. If you want people to get vaccinated, then address their concerns.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:32 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
America also has a long history of not forcing healthy people to wear useless cloth masks. What is your point again?

Old 09-03-2021, 08:28 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:

America has a long history of vaccination mandates. Why should the worst plague in a century be any different?
Republicans who oppose “defunding the police” or support a “war on terrorism” recognize that there is no freedom without security. They are willing to accept substantial infringements on civil liberties to combat criminals and terrorists. Yet they insist on dropping our guard against a pandemic that has already killed nearly as many Americans (617,000 and counting) as died in battle during all U.S. wars combined.
Ever since George Washington forced his troops to be inoculated against smallpox in 1777, Americans have routinely complied with vaccination mandates.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...can-apple-pie/

According to you folks, we also have a long history of racism.

Does that inherently mean racism is a good thing? (The answer is obviously no.)

Old 09-03-2021, 08:43 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
According to you folks, we also have a long history of racism.

Does that inherently mean racism is a good thing? (The answer is obviously no.)
That’s a false comparison. The history of vaccines is not black and white. There were always those who were reluctant to take a vaccine. But only now it became an issue of human rights, constitution and “resistance”.

My neighbour for example didn’t get the vaccine. When I asked her she frankly admitted being afraid of injections and needles. I have no problem with such answer. But she didn’t invoke the constitution nor her natural “rights” given by God. The problem is how a pure healthcare issue which has no political aspect became what it became.

George Washington who mandated the smallpox vaccine to his troops, was lucky because there was no internet in his time. Otherwise, he would not be able to fight the Brits or govern as president.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:51 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
That’s a false comparison. The history of vaccines is not black and white. There were always those who were reluctant to take a vaccine. But only now it became an issue of human rights, constitution and “resistance”.

My neighbour for example didn’t get the vaccine. When I asked her she frankly admitted being afraid of injections and needles. I have no problem with such answer. But she didn’t invoke the constitution nor her natural “rights” given by God. The problem is how a pure healthcare issue which has no political aspect became what it became.

George Washington who mandated the smallpox vaccine to his troops, was lucky because there was no internet in his time. Otherwise, he would not be able to fight the Brits or govern as president.

Except if Washington and his brave Patriot army knew for a fact that the virus they were fighting had a less than one percent mortality rate....they would have reacted more proportionally.

But then, they didn't have massive globalist pharmaceutical companies back then....or a corrupt corporate media.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:33 PM

2,039 posts, read 854,250 times
Op, You’re still just not getting it this is not comparable to anything in the past. Literally I could write a book telling you why it’s not comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies