Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 03:36 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times

Advertisements

CDC Recommends 'Horse Dewormer' Ivermectin for Refugees. So Where's the Media Outrage?

Quote:
The media is telling a partial truth to try and scare people out of using ivermectin during the early treatment of COVID-19. If you wonder what the corporate media’s vested interest is, think about how many pharmaceutical commercials you see while watching cable news. They are not disinterested observers.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-l...trage-n1475641

Surprise, surprise! Fake News is fake.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:42 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
7:00

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1bFguC...ature=youtu.be

Old 09-03-2021, 03:43 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Calling Ivermectin "horse dewormer" is every bit as stupid as saying "You drink water?!?! You mean like from the toilet?!?!"

It's just a quick way for people to out themselves as morons and lose credibility forever

Old 09-03-2021, 03:46 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Calling Ivermectin "horse dewormer" is every bit as stupid as saying "You drink water?!?! You mean like from the toilet?!?!"

It's just a quick way for people to out themselves as morons and lose credibility forever
Speaking of stupid people, that reminds me of when AOC said the illegals at the border were having to drink water out of the toilet.

When in fact the drinkable water and toilet were in the same one piece utilitarian system.

What a dope.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:50 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
CDC Recommends 'Horse Dewormer' Ivermectin for Refugees. So Where's the Media Outrage?

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-l...trage-n1475641

Surprise, surprise! Fake News is fake.
I saw NPR's tweet, https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1433231296172601344 I wonder since when NPR side with Pzifer who do lots of profits in billions thanks to vaccine developped on the rush and wasn't so efficient as planned in Israel?

Old 09-03-2021, 03:51 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Then by that logic I will dismiss all of your studies you present based on funding. They are all invalid.
I'm not going to get in the middle of you two but that's not fair. He's pointing out that results usually favor the entity paying for the effort, and that fact can't be discounted when evaluating the totality of information about a study. Your response is that it's irrelevant. It's not, and you know it.

Sorry but I had to chime in on that. You're being disingenuous. You're not debating honestly.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:55 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
LOL ^^^^^ Truth

Old 09-03-2021, 04:05 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:

Why? It is a common medicine used on horses. It's also the most available at veterinary supply stores too.

Ivermectin is good for humans, for sure, for it intended use. Our veterinary medicines are equally safe for man and beast as well; they are equally as pure and sanitary.

But no vet nor any doctor I know is going to recommend it for curing Covid, and I know some of both. That's like treating a fever with Tums.

It's good medicine, but it's no good for the job of curing Covid. That's the stupidity, especially when there's medication specifically developed to fight Covid's effects.

The biggest danger Ivermectin for animals lies in its strength.
Large animals require stronger medicine because they weigh so much more than humans. So the amount of Ivermectin for horses could be the same amount as Ivermectin for humans, but the actual dosage could be 3 times stronger. Overdose is serious when it comes to medication that can kill parasites.

If you have to drive a nail and some slick-talker says a wrench is a better tool than a hammer for driving nails, who are you going to believe? Your own common sense or the slick talker?

Old 09-03-2021, 04:18 PM

4,969 posts, read 2,712,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
As long as you are not buying it at a feed store and are getting it prescribed through a doctor and picking it up at a pharmacy you will be fine.

I have two prescriptions of it sitting in my bathroom just in case
I also get Ivermectin at a pharmacy.

Why would anyone buy Ivermectin at a feed store? That is for animals not people. Get Ivermectin at a pharmacy which is in dosages for people.

By the way, I do my food shopping at grocery stores like HEB, Meijer, and Kroger, not animal feed stores. Everyone that I know also goes to food stores meant for people, not animals. Sheesh!

Old 09-03-2021, 04:19 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Why? It is a common medicine used on horses.
Because you are either being dishonest or you are being a simpleton when you suggest a human pharmaceutical drug, prescribed by a doctor is horse medicine

You can go on about people putting road de-icer on their food but that should highlight just how stupid these dishonest framing tactics really are.

Let's talk in horror about how doctors give their patients the final drug of the 3 drug lethal injection cocktail..... but that doesn't mean you should refuse to take potassium pills if your doctor tells you that you need them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies