Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 02:17 AM

8 posts, read 2,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Japan is free to amend its postwar constitution and build up its own military. It simply lacks a consensus of its people to do so.
This is also your fault, the Americans have destroyed the proud, samurai spirit in our people with their bombs and propaganda.
In addition, I assure you, not everyone is in sacred delight with Americans, for example, our political party Issui-Kai has long dreamed of throwing off American oppression and restoring a Great Empire.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:27 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshimura View Post
I remember as a child, my friend and I ran to the same military base, teased, had fun, in other words, did what little children do.
But one incident changed everything-a bullet that hit me in the leg from an American pistol. This was the first time I questioned the democratic nature of America.
Then there was some more news about the bad behavior of American soldiers, such as rapes and similar cases. Which led to the question - do the laws of Japan apply in Japan? Or is it only American "democracy"?
I don't want to offend anyone, but I want to ask - how do you feel about such actions of your soldiers?
I think it's terrible that anyone commits and gets away with bad behaviors. How do you feel about the fact that the Japanese soldiers beheaded my Uncle who was a pilot that was captured after his plane was shot down?

Old 09-02-2021, 02:30 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
This is also your fault, the Americans have destroyed the proud, samurai spirit in our people with their bombs and propaganda.
In addition, I assure you, not everyone is in sacred delight with Americans, for example, our political party Issui-Kai has long dreamed of throwing off American oppression and restoring a Great Empire.
Issui-Kai isn't a player in Japanese politics. They are an extreme fringe group.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:03 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the war took place a hundred years ago, and the Americans are still shouting about the" atrocities " of the imperial army.
It's time to change the system of views, don't you think?
Nope, but I can see we are drawing you out to say what you really want to say. Let it all out....

But no, we should never forget the atrocities of the Japanese army, they were inhuman barbarians and criminals.

Old 09-02-2021, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think it's terrible that anyone commits and gets away with bad behaviors. How do you feel about the fact that the Japanese soldiers beheaded my Uncle who was a pilot that was captured after his plane was shot down?
This, of course, is bad. But at that time there was a war, and no one stood on ceremony with anyone. And now it's peacetime, a soldier in a foreign country commits lawlessness

Old 09-02-2021, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Issui-Kai isn't a player in Japanese politics. They are an extreme fringe group.
Maybe so, but despite some radical ideas, she has the most normal ideas.
And because of its radical nature, it is she who can move to more decisive actions

Old 09-02-2021, 03:45 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
I was active-duty for 4-years......much of the behavior I saw verged on criminalistic
and disgusting.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:00 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
This, of course, is bad. But at that time there was a war, and no one stood on ceremony with anyone. And now it's peacetime, a soldier in a foreign country commits lawlessness
Disgusting that you would pass off their crimes in such a cavalier manner.

Most nations did observe rules in terms of treatment toward prisoners. The cruelty of the Japanese matched anything that came out of the Nazis. Perhaps you haven't acquainted yourself with the depths of their depravity.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Restore the Great Empire, eh? Right... well, good luck with that.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:30 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Bataan Death March.
Along the route of the main march, perhaps as many as 500 Americans and perhaps 2,500 Filipino soldiers were killed. In Camp O'Donnell, perhaps some 26,000 Filipino soldiers and some 1,500 Americans died of starvation and disease.

Thailand Railroad
All in all, approximately 13,000 Allied POWs and 90,000 Asian laborers perished while working on the railway. While Asian laborers were hired and paid, many more died than POWs, as they did not have the support networks provided to the soldiers through the military hierarchy.

Comfort Women
Professor Su Jiliang concludes that during the seven-year period from 1938 to 1945, "comfort women" in the territory occupied by the Japanese numbered 360,000 to 410,000, among whom the Chinese were the largest group, about 200,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies