Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 10:13 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,652,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
First of all I have always DESPISED Don Lemon. He is a combination of self-righteous smugness and in some cases sheer ignorance on some topics he should not be touching. It's sickening to watch him even for a few seconds. I vote straight Republican.
But this case is a rare exception in which I agree with him. People who refuse to be vaccinated are endangering society. It's not simply a matter of rights or freedom of choice. It goes beyond that. I don't want them infecting me and I don't want the burden of paying their medical care. Probably the first time I agree with the Lemon turd.
Are you prepared to back the use of physical force to prevent unvaccinated from entering hospitals for treatment?

I'm prepared to take action to prevent the opposite happening - any attempt to prevent me accessing the healthcare that I have help fund, will see hospitals designated as targets, and any State representative as a potential hostile.

If you want to talk hard arse, you better be prepared to act hard arse.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:38 AM

23,452 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
First of all I have always DESPISED Don Lemon. He is a combination of self-righteous smugness and in some cases sheer ignorance on some topics he should not be touching. It's sickening to watch him even for a few seconds. I vote straight Republican.
But this case is a rare exception in which I agree with him. People who refuse to be vaccinated are endangering society. It's not simply a matter of rights or freedom of choice. It goes beyond that. I don't want them infecting me and I don't want the burden of paying their medical care. Probably the first time I agree with the Lemon turd.
If you're vaccinated then why are you worrying about anyone infecting you? Anyway, even those who'd had the vaccine can carry it and infect you. Maybe you should stay at home so you don't infect someone else?

Old 09-03-2021, 10:49 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So if you smoked and got cancer no treatment for you! Typical self righteous lib!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-do...tals-resources
What about gays with AIDS and women getting abortions?

Old 09-03-2021, 12:17 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What about gays with AIDS and women getting abortions?
He's talking about overburdening the healthcare system and resources. AIDS patients and women getting abortions aren't doing that.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
...."unvaccinated people going to hospitals: ‘Don’t take up resources!’"

I support that 100%. If you don't trust what the Science and Medical community are telling you about the dangers of Covid.....why would you trust them to treat you when you do fall victim to you own stubbornness ?

Stay out of the ER, self medicate and take your chances...after all.... it's all just a hoax.

Regards
Gemstone1
Unvaccinated Trump supporters, you mean.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:41 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes it is a thread about Lemon, which you tried to deflect and derail it into a thread about Trump.

Which is what I'd previously told you that you should do...and look, you're still trying to deflect and derail.
And yet somehow you thought it would be a good idea to bring the thread back on course by including conspiracy theories about Ashley Biden, because that's not derailing things at all! Classic hypocrisy. Do as I say not as I do. That about sums it up, right? You still haven't accepted you're doing exactly what you're also rallying against.

What else you got?

Old 09-03-2021, 03:42 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Its actually the vaccinated who are making up the majority of the Covid patients.
They are making up 8 of the 45 covid hospitalizations at my hospital. You do the math.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:52 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,521 times
If gang members get shot in a fight should they also not go?
Should hospitals refuse car to drunk drivers?

All kidding aside the hatred that is being whipped up against people who choose not to get vaccinated is really bothering me.
I did get the vaccine. My wife who had Covid did not. To listen to people like Don Lemon she is akin to a murderer.

We are also in favor of a babies right to life so apparently we are morally equivalent to the Taliban.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:39 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sounds like your hospitals are criminally understaffed and under equipped
Nope. They have simply been over-run by folks who refused to be innoculated. The average age of our ICU Covid patients here is 35. They are the ones who were never inoculated during the first and second waves that passed through Idaho.

But it is true that Idaho lacks hospitals. Right now, we only have 3 large metros in the state, and each has well-equipped, large medical centers. But Idaho is still mostly small towns, and someone with has to travel to get to those hospitals, which means a trip of anywhere from 50 to 150 miles away, one way.

Who foresaw Covid? How many states in the west are in the same problem? Our hospitals served us quite well until this pandemic. Idaho isn't the only state that is short on hospitals and ICU units. The distances are common out here everywhere in the west.

Last edited by banjomike; 09-03-2021 at 04:48 PM..

Old 09-03-2021, 07:00 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 2 days ago)

600 posts, read 273,788 times
Oh forgot to chime in. He should be tarred and feathered.
That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies