Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 08:25 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The misogynist abortion laws that Texas has passed, which punish the poor, is going to spread like wild fire into the other Red States which have just been waiting to ban abortion. This on top of the anti masking anti-vaxxers creating death and tragedy in the same states, the same states restricting voting rights, are all going to pile up on Republican candidates.
Biden has ended a long war that has cost thousands of American lives and had achieved nothing. Americans are relieved. The economy is picking up. The bills that the congress is passing are popular and will help the middle-class and young families.
What’s not to like.
Abortion is not as popular as you think. In most countries, even much lauded Europe, it is MUCH harder to get one in the second half of a pregnancy. There is a lot of nuance here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 10:08 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
(Cut)

I also agree with your point on Afghanistan. People are obviously devastated by the chaos there that resulted in part from Trump's failure to plan for an orderly withdrawal in my opinion, but relieved the conflict is over.
What an absurd, uninformed below-the-belt cheap shot. You have no idea whatsoever what plans Trump made or didn't make. It's irrelevant since Biden decided to shoot from the hip like the fool he truly is.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:34 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,527,483 times
Dems better hope 1 or more of the 7,000 unvetted Afghani refugees don't go on a San Bernardino shooting spree between now and the midterm elections. The 7K number is what is here presently. I'm sure that number is going to increase 10 fold by the end of the year.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why is it so important to you that a mother be able to kill her baby?
Seriously, tell me something BaptistFundie, why is it your business when a woman gets pregnant and you're not the father?

Old 09-03-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
Democrats have not improved their prospects by a long shot.

I'm an Independent voter who voted for Trump in 2016 and Biden in 2020.

There are several things working against the Democrats currently:
- Inflation
- Continued issues with COVID
- Terribly executed withdrawal from Afghanistan

These three things will likely cause the Democrats to lose in the 2022 midterm elections. The jury is still out for 2024.

Personally, I despise Trump, but have also lost faith in Biden and find Harris disingenuous. If Trump faces one of them in the 2024 presidential election, I do not know who I would vote for at this time.
What can Republicans do about inflation? There are 41 barges anchored outside California ports waiting to dock. What do Republicans propose to do about it? It would reduce inflation and supply problems if they could dock.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
It's like so much the Democrats and their supporters do. It's all about racism.

You see, black babies are overwhelmingly more likely to be aborted than white babies.

The Democrats have gone from lynching blacks, to killing them before they even are born.
So please explain to us just what the heck are Democrats doing against pregnant black mothers that forces them to decide to get abortions?

Old 09-03-2021, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Leftists have never been big on the concept of personal responsibility. In fact, much of their platform revolves solely around rewarding people who make bad life choices, thus continuing a vicious cycle. Democrats are the party of irresponsibility. This is why the youth lean left (and due to classroom brainwashing), as well as criminals and lazy people.
So name anything that Republicans passed in Red States that promoted the concept of engaging in personal responsibility, so that the moochers won't be a burden upon the producers of society.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:22 PM

929 posts, read 399,184 times
The state media has turn against Taliban Joe, oh no..the sky is falling lol..

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/polit...hin/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/polit...omy/index.html

Old 09-03-2021, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
That drooling imbecile is not my President so please don't pretend to speak for me.
Then, no doubt, you must surely feel quite strongly that Trump was by far one of the best presidents in the history of the United States, who was even better than Reagan. RIGHT!?

Old 09-03-2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Wait…. what?

Since when does the U.S. constitution have a right to healthcare provision?
What's so wrong with the right to health care? Because far too many Americans are not worthy of it, due to them being deadbeats, drug addicts, criminals and con artists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies