Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 07:52 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times

Advertisements

One would think after the producer and Dan Rather lost their jobs for believing a person who said they had the paperwork to prove something was a set up, media would learn.

Richard Jewell was not enough to teach them even though the source was a mistaken FBI agent.

And the kid with the MAGA hat in DC sure caught my attention.

The question is are they naive, stupid or just lazy. But since the print media has let everybody over 45 and experienced go, working with kids just out of J school, it could be all of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 07:54 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
The truth is that prescriptions have increased 5 times, calls to poison control centers are up and they are creating shortages and people are using the drug.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:21 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
The hospital story never sounded right to me. I ran it by some people that work in hospitals here and they never heard of such a thing. I think people should get vaccinated, but if they get sick and want Ivermectin, so be it. I have my doubts that it works, three guys on another board took it and it didn't help at all. Don't blame them for trying.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:25 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The truth is that prescriptions have increased 5 times, calls to poison control centers are up and they are creating shortages and people are using the drug.
Yeah. I read that somewhere, too.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:30 AM

162 posts, read 60,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How do you know? We get lied to each and every day, and twice on Sundays. You cannot believe anything you read anymore

Old 09-05-2021, 08:43 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Have RS and Maddow issued retractions or did they just do a hit and run?

Old 09-05-2021, 08:50 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
RollingStone is about as unreliable as RedState or OAN. Trace articles to the source, and be cautious with both extremes in the media. This debunks one report from one doctor. It will be interesting to see the full story when more details come out.
I’m afraid this is a trend with all journalism, just making up stories. It happens all too often these days since the main goal is not truth but clicks. How many times have we found that journalists with the New York Times, Washington Post, Rolling Stone, and other major newspapers have just made up stories or plagiarized stories?

Old 09-05-2021, 08:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
In the article it had people in heavy coats in line at some type of facility.

A Heavy Coat in Oklahoma in August.

Yeah, I'm not believing that article.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:20 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A hoax is one thing but this is a licensed physician, Jason Mcelyea, DO, saying these things. He has a lot of splainin' to do and if there is no truth to his claims he should lose his medical license. Let him provide actual statistics or allow the hospitals where this horse paste chaos is supposedly happening make their own statements. One already has and they deny it happened there. Poison control denies there are issues with ivermectin too.

The doctor is already involved in a lawsuit with a hospital over another matter.

why would he get in trouble? It's not considered a lie if it supports The Narrative. Remember, it's for our own good and the end justifies the means.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:51 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
That’s when a story about a rural Oklahoma hospital went viral. According to claims by a doctor who supposedly worked there, the hospital in question was so overwhelmed with people overdosing on ivermectin that it couldn’t treat gun-shot victims.
"Patients overdosing on ivermectin backing up rural Oklahoma hospitals, ambulances"
"'The scariest one I’ve heard of and seen is people coming in with vision loss,' he said."https://t.co/P909GtxBQZ
— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) September 2, 2021
But within 24-hours the story had started to fall apart, beginning with the revelation that the doctor who was interviewed by Rolling Stone hadn’t worked at the hospital in months.
FYI, the doctor interviewed for that Rolling Stone article hasn’t worked at the hospital he claims to work at for over 2 month. pic.twitter.com/7K4i3ds6DG
— Boomieleaks (@Boomieleaks) September 4, 2021
After that, a full implosion took place. The hospital in question not only released a full statement, but they changed their internet homepage to reflect the correction of the false report.
This story is a lie from top to bottom, invented from whole cloth according to the hospital system in the area. The hospital claims this alleged doctor hasn’t worked in their hospital in months and that it hasn’t treated anyone for ivermectin “overdoses.” https://t.co/HlYlPBVrYJ pic.twitter.com/ux4MHsofdu
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) September 5, 2021

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/09...plodes-n438298
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies