Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 10:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Look at what they want to replace these statues with:

https://media2.fdncms.com/styleweekl...9_kehinde2.jpg

A thuggish looking guy in dreadlocks, wearing nike shoes and a hoodie, hahaha.
Does the political left not realize that this makes them look like idiots?
Are black people not embarrassed by this?

If I were black, I would not want statues of black folks to be depicted like this.
Seems more like a racist negative caricature of a black guy.
because he has locks?

we don’t look down on braids and locks in the Back community.

Its just hair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 10:40 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,468,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats continuing whitewashing their own Civil War history due to humiliation, color me shocked. Wait until they find out how many save Thomas Jefferson and George Washington had.

Do liberals really think these statues are actually being destroyed and not going to museums? Well it's not like Antifa/BLM would spend much time in a museum anyway.
My dear Rocko, if you were a good and faithful Republican, you would support taking down the statues of these fiendish and seditious DEMOCRATS. It baffles me that Republicans are obsessed with keeping the statues of traitorous DEMOCRATS in public spaces. Are we to have a statue of Benedict Arnold in Central Park because he's a part of our "history?" Good God, no sir. Fiends, traitors, and devils, ALL OF THEM!!! Their memory shouldn't fill our public spaces.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Well now, that whole sedition thing didn't work out well and good riddens. States rights... to have slavery... to keep humans in bondage... LULZ. I think Lincoln was pretty gratuitous for not hanging them all. I would've at least hanged the ring leaders. It's good that this whole celebrating sedition thing is finally being started to be put behind us. BYE Felicia!!!!
Those Confederates got off lucky. I always thought it was common sense that Confederate generals shouldn't be honored. Remembered, but not honored.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:37 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I voted for W both times he ran, as well. Right now I'm tied, 3R-3D, when it comes to Presidential elections.
I voted for Bush in 2004 (first election ever), Obama twice, and 3rd party candidates twice. My point is that my disgust for Confederates isn't being influenced by the far left. I hated the Confederate flag when I voted for Bush in 2004.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:41 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Goodbye treasonist.
Are you directing that at Obama? Because he was far more treasonous than Lee ever dreamed of.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:41 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
The left wants to destroy all remains of our country including its history, its language, its morality, and the Constitution. Next it will be the founding fathers, our American flag, our gun rights, our free speech, our National Anthem, and Christianity. It is coming step by step , inch by inch by the demonic dems and Communist China who is funding it .Indoctrination, brainwashing by the MSM are all working together to get it done. The complete destruction of America.

Biden left soldiers behind to tell us that morally we are no longer ethical in nature. The left does as it pleases with no boundaries. They push the envelope to show us just how much they can get away with doing all of this. Wait and see . It will get much worse. Dragging people out of their homes, spying on conversations, and getting many to agree with it. They want to usher in the complete control over us through brainwashing . It is happening now even with our military. Taking us down morally. Planned for sure.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:27 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
No, pretty sure it was directed at the other guy.
Well, when you’ve done something, anything in life noteworthy maybe we’ll take you seriously. Until then Robert E Lee will be remembered as a great American General and a beloved General by Union and Confederate alike.

Very few people alive have the right to judge those men. Very few.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:25 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, when you’ve done something, anything in life noteworthy maybe we’ll take you seriously. Until then Robert E Lee will be remembered as a great American General and a beloved General by Union and Confederate alike.

Very few people alive have the right to judge those men. Very few.
Thank God I'm old enough to have read actual first hand accounts (written in books) and the actual words of some of these men before the de facto leftist book burning crusade got into high gear. I have quite a number of Civil War era history books that were written by authors who sought to be accurate and present fact rather than authors who seek to write "creative non-fiction" persuasive essay sorts of books (aka, revised history). I want facts, not opinions. And not hyperbolic cherry picking. If the historian/author is not transparent, then he or she may as well be writing a Stephen King type novel.

Fact is what I used to be able to get in history books that I cannot get in recently written history books (save a VERY few authors). Historians should NOT be rhetoricians or propogandists. Essentially the "history" academicians have gone to hell over the past twenty or thirty years. Most of their works are not worth reading.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:33 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
Wasn't Viriginia's Governor the one who posed in black face? Oh the irony.
That gelding either posed in black face, or in the full Klan uniform.

Either way, he's yet another turd in the toilet bowl of politics.

Old 09-03-2021, 04:02 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, resorting to violence and war because you are upset about taxation without representation is justified?

How can violence be justified for one cause and not another?

I wonder how the families of all the british redcoats killed felt about that? It probably looked a lot like domestic terrorism to them at the time.
Uncertain if you're attempting to apply the 'just war theory & doctrine' here?

If so, the American Civil War was a more just War than the American Revolutionary War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies