Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 10:50 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,261,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Biden is a manipulative arrogant psyhopath who goes in front of the cameras in the comfort of his mansion for a short time and gives a speech while the people of New Orleans are going days and days without food.

What a worthless garbage party that could care less about the American people.

The mayor is a Democrat, the governor is a Democrat and Biden is also a Democrat.

The Democratic mayor, Democratic governor and Democratic President could care less about the Hurricane victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQqU07UZ6EE
One of the biggest factors is that people didn't evacuate, even after being warned.

Now let's think. Which party is out there telling people to not trust science, and to do the exact opposite of what the experts suggest?

You can't blame Biden for the storm, nor for the decision people made to ignore the warnings. Not sure who you can blame, other than the persons, but blaming "democrats" for their inaction is kinda silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 11:11 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,282,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But Republicans would be quite strongly opposed to doing that, since it would be admitting that Global Warming or Climate Change is real.
Hurricanes have been hitting New Orleans for centuries and have zero to do with Global Warming. Storms are not bigger, or more frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So the Americans in the path of this CATEGORY 4 Hurricane who were warned for weeks in advance to stock up on Food or Evacuate to shelters but didn't is now the fault of the Government?
That was not the standard for Katrina that the press and Democrats set. George Bush was held personally responsible for every person who did not evacuate in the face of a Cat 5 storm.

Quote:
Ever been through a Hurricane?
Yes, two actually. And two tsunamis, three volcano eruptions and too many earthquakes to count. Why do you ask?

Quote:
I have been through plenty and FEMA plus many charities have always provided for Food, Water & Ice for those in need.
Clearly FEMA is failing here as are state and local leadership.

Quote:
But lets not talk about "Personal Responsibility" as many of you Right Wingers like to talk about here.
Just applying like for like standards. Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander and all that. It would be nice to see the national news media be consistent in their criticisms during such events.

Quote:
Yes TRUMP made his fortune with "a small loan of $1 Million dollars" from his father.
A loan of $1 million dollars is very small and many people who get a loan like that fail. Trump turned it into a multi billion dollar enterprise.

Quote:
Meanwhile President Obama made his fortune by writing books with no financial help from the Grandparents who raised him.
Obama's first book was a moderate success. He entered the White House with a net worth of $1.3 million and left with a net worth of $12.2 million. Neat trick of savings on a $400,000 salary.

Now they are worth over $100,000,000 just 5 years later. Here is an interesting article on Obama's $65,000,000 book deal. Obama's Book Deal Sparks $65 Million Mystery

The Obama's would need to sell over 52,000,000 copies of their books to justify the deal. Barrack's best seller in 2020 sold 2.6 million books.

Quote:
Tell me again who was "self made"?
Still Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
""It's been days" New Orleans residents go days without food after hurricane because of Democrats!" And what else would you have them doing for those who either didn't evacuate or do any planning for what was coming with plenty of warning?
That wasn't the standard for Bush and Katrina. The national news media and Democrats didn't ask such questions and didn't hold elected Democrats in NO and LA responsible.

Quote:
How about that Republican response when the state of Texas was freezing to death
That was on Biden's watch and I believe he is a Democrat.

Quote:
while their elected leadership took his family on vacation to Mexico.
Cruz is a U.S. Senator and has nothing to do with emergency services.That is the purview of the Executive Branch and that was Joe Biden and his Democrat Administration.

Quote:
Ask Puerto Rico what kind of Federal Assistance they received when they were devastated by a hurricane and yes their American.
I think you mean "they're" and they have autonomy. They are not a U.S. state and don't vote in U.S. elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Like the democrats are to blame for a storm that leveled the power grid. Must have been a democratic storm.
Democrats had no issue laying blame on Bush for Katrina. Why the double standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am certainly no Biden supporter (to say the least), but doesn't anyone remember Bush's response to the victims of Hurricane Katrina?
I remember Bush did what he could and that the Democrat governor of LA failed to ask for federal assistance in a timely manner and yet Bush was blamed for that. I remember Bush did what he could and that the Democrat mayor of NO failed to evacuate NO in a timely manner and yet Bush was blamed for that too. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:11 AM

29,179 posts, read 14,465,656 times
Quote:
Biden is a manipulative arrogant psyhopath who goes in front of the cameras in the comfort of his mansion for a short time and gives a speech while the people of New Orleans are going days and days without food.

The mayor is a Democrat, the governor is a Democrat and Biden is also a Democrat.

The Democratic mayor, Democratic governor and Democratic President could care less about the Hurricane victims.

While I am in no way defending Democrats or their policies, come on , man....there was close to a million without power...do you really think it can all be up and running in a few days ? Hell, we had a mild storm here in MI a couple of weeks ago, with 60mph winds and our power was out for 3 days. They got hit by close to a Cat 5 hurricane.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:06 PM

3,343 posts, read 1,224,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
He is scheduled to go there today.

He will probably go to the Northeast as well.

I would prefer actual help from those who deal with this stuff then the POTUS photo opt and 5 minute podium speech. I know this is part of the gig bit its a bit silly to demand a President see the damage or imply he doesn’t care.

I fell for this with Katrina. “Why is W just flying over!!! Where is he???”

but the real question should be “Where is FEMA?”
Yea i'd rather not have president who are going to do exactly nothing (on either side) show up for photo ops that are completely counter productive.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:05 PM

1,389 posts, read 989,614 times
I’ll be honest. I’m a little bother that people are relying on FEMA to bail them out because they didn’t have any home insurance all while I pay for Wind/hail and flood insurance. I wish I could drop my coverages and just depend on the Feds when something happens. I would save $5,000 a year. I lived in NOLA for 10+ yrs. I’m seeing it up and down my FB feed. People are waiting on FEMA. The are mad at FEMA because they got denied funds because FEMA said go through your HOI first. I would have thought that was common knowledge.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:14 PM

4,900 posts, read 3,005,144 times
Quote:

That YT vid aired on national news, along with a Louisiana mayor begging for last years' relief from Laura.
Problem with your thread title is, last year we had a different administration in Washington.
So it doesn't matter who is in office, as they all suck.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:20 PM

22,627 posts, read 24,486,042 times
Yeah, Dems are awful.

But people live in that area and do NOTHING to prepare, sheesh.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:46 PM

7,476 posts, read 6,220,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yeah, Dems are awful.

But people live in that area and do NOTHING to prepare, sheesh.
Yep, I the folks in NJ and NY had ample warning it was coming.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/weather/a...adoes/3252554/

Old 09-03-2021, 02:33 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,814,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
That YT vid aired on national news, along with a Louisiana mayor begging for last years' relief from Laura.
Problem with your thread title is, last year we had a different administration in Washington.
So it doesn't matter who is in office, as they all suck.
Interesting. I guess the lesson here is that presidents don’t control hurricanes? Whoda thunk

Old 09-03-2021, 05:19 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,837,360 times
On the bright side, the Deep South, Southeast, Nawlins is known for having a lot of fat people. They can and will lose weight now.

Seriously, though fasting is good for you. I am currently on a 24hr fast myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies