Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 08:05 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times

Advertisements

There's a new book explaining QAnon and the QAnon mentality - or trying to, anyway.

Sounds interesting. But I suspect this description applies to most die-hard conspiracy theorists.

One thing I don't understand - if they imagine these bad things are so widespread, why is it that after all this time, no evidence has surfaced? Why do people keep believing with no evidence? Why do they still think Trump can solve everything if he did nothing after four years?

Confronting the Threat of QAnon
By Seyward Darby
A recent poll found that 15 percent of Americans believe there is a cabal of liberal elites who worship Satan and traffic children for sex and blood. This is QAnon’s core tenet, but the movement contains multitudes. Adherents believe Donald J. Trump is battling the cabal, which, depending on whom you ask, may or may not comprise members of a reptilian alien race disguised as humans. Many followers also embrace conspiracy theories about Covid-19, Black Lives Matter, vaccines and the death of John F. Kennedy Jr. Skepticism and bigotry unite these disparate theories; authority, expertise and otherness are always suspect...
QAnon offers people a false sense of agency and community in an uncertain world. Believers collectively analyze “crumbs” of cryptic information. The outcome of this deciphering is preordained, but that’s not the point: When they reach conclusions, followers feel smart, superior and united. Particularly for people who are lonely or disenchanted with their lives, the emotional benefit of believing in QAnon is arguably more important than the dogma itself.

PASTELS AND PEDOPHILES: Inside the Mind of QAnon
By Mia Bloom and Sophie Moskalenko

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/29/b...sultPosition=1

Old 08-22-2021, 08:27 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
If you guys will ignore Q it wouldn’t get any recognition, the left is the only ones that talk about it. The only time I hear about it is on here.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:40 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
They are the worst thing ever. Even worse than a corona virus police state!

Old 08-22-2021, 08:48 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Just seeing it written out should make it seem insane. I can't help but suspect there are some Q Anon adherents here on this forum, particularly since I hear Black Lives Matter being demonized for all the world's problems so much here.

Last edited by Jowel; 08-22-2021 at 09:03 PM..

Old 08-22-2021, 09:22 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
If you guys will ignore Q it wouldn’t get any recognition, the left is the only ones that talk about it. The only time I hear about it is on here.
I agree - it does seem a creation of the left - in that now, the left uses it for every boogieman that doesn't follow their propaganda. Now, it's the covid vaccine.... Oppose it - it's a Qanon conspiracy.

The media seems responsible for anyone even know what the hell Qanon is. I remember when it started to hit the public news, while Trump was president. No one could even tell you what the hell it was at that time. But, it was the media narrative that pushed it.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:41 PM

23,642 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Exactly!
They use it to deflect from the constant violence, burn loot murder, from blm antifa.

Old 08-22-2021, 09:45 PM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Exactly!
They use it to deflect from the constant violence, burn loot murder, from blm antifa.
It’s another version of the “insurrection” that American Marxists use to justify their hatred of people who disagree with them.

Old 08-22-2021, 10:55 PM

4,144 posts, read 2,840,911 times
Quote:
Oh really? lol

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...en-minded.html

Old 08-22-2021, 11:32 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
They need a boogeyman because they aren't doing anything that America wants.

Their way of helping America is not to make America better... but to say the boogeyman won't eat you.

They make things worse because while they are focusing on the boogeyman, you don't see that they unlocked the back door that lets in their friends to rob you blind.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-22-2021 at 11:40 PM..

Old 08-23-2021, 01:24 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
I agree - it does seem a creation of the left - in that now, the left uses it for every boogieman that doesn't follow their propaganda. Now, it's the covid vaccine.... Oppose it - it's a Qanon conspiracy.

The media seems responsible for anyone even know what the hell Qanon is. I remember when it started to hit the public news, while Trump was president. No one could even tell you what the hell it was at that time. But, it was the media narrative that pushed it.

The Left creates this QAnon who is pro-Trump, pro-alt-right, pro-racism, pro-right-wing, pro-authoritarianism, pro-wall, pro-conspiracy theories, anti-antifa, anti-BLM, anti-liberals, anti-Democrats, anti-Biden, and anti everything that the Left wants.....

Say what?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies