Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 08:34 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Way to trivialize conservative passing laws that force a woman to remain pregnant against her own wishes based on their values. What’s next a burka? A great look on women after all they dress provocatively and causes rapes

Let me know if this statement is giving you trouble and I'll go over everything I have already gone over in this thread again just for you...
Restricting abortion ≠ all the multitude of offenses against women that you don't seem to care about that happen daily in Afghanistan

Any conservatives fighting to force women to don a burka? Anyone? A seem to remember a few years ago when talk of Sharia Law being allowed in the USA was a thing most liberals were in support of it (because it would be islamophobia to deny it) and conservatives were against it. Do you even think what is happening to women in Afghanistan is a bad thing?

Also wearing a burka is hardly the worst thing women living amongst the actual Taliban have to live in fear of daily.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:37 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
If the shoe fits, and it does.
That's it. Enough is enough. /ignore

Old 09-03-2021, 08:38 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
So basically, you don’t feel the human inside the womb has any rights? An to compare the majority right in the US to the Taliban based on this one fallacy tells me all I need to know about your mental capacity and maturity. On the low side on both counts. Sorry if that sounds mean, but if you are going to compare me a moderate conservative with the likes of the Taliban, you have it coming.
A fetus in the womb “rights” don’t trump that of a fully realized human woman.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuennisWade View Post
No one is advocating. But I bet they'd take advantage of a power vaccum.

Basically, the Taliban is to Islam what Westboro is to Christianity. The difference is Wesboro is held back by those pesky laws and regulations.
Annnnnnd Westboro is hated by everyone in the country who isn't Westboro

I'd recommend getting for that Westboro train because no one thinks that group is sane, rational or has any good ideas. Where as in Afghanistan the Taliban is the government now. Seems there is quite a difference between here and there. Just a little tiny difference

Old 09-03-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuennisWade View Post
The Taliban are just religious fundies in a country with less regulations.

Give people like Westboro Baptist Church free reign with no consequences and watch what happens.
You're missing a critical, fundamental difference between the ideologies, despite that you actually mentioned it.

"Give people like..."

The Taliban doesn't wait for permission.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:43 AM

15,636 posts, read 10,390,278 times
msnbc and their commentators, including joy reid, get paid to feed their viewers anger and fuel irrational hatred towards other americans. no one with good mental health would watch msnbc in my opinion.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:43 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in it. The same people comparing conservatives to the Taliban also think Mao and Stalin are heroes.
This exactly. It’s mind twisting. I wonder how they reconcile that in their minds. Some major psychological biases going on in their heads.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:44 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
There seems to be a growing number of Liberals who think it is appropriate to compare anyone on the right to the freaking Taliban. Hell Joy Reid on MSNBC just welcomed a guest to her show who was proclaiming just that. MSNBC's Joy Reid promotes guest who calls Texas pro-lifers the 'new American Taliban'

Then you have these people who think the suffering of women in the USA is comparable, if not worse, than the suffering of women in Afghanistan. You can't make this stuff up.

https://twitter.com/StellaParton/sta...20517344038912

https://twitter.com/oXxRowanxXo/stat...40752980992001

Just in case anyone needs a reminder...This is who the Taliban is:

Under Sharia Law a woman got stoned to death for having premarital sex with her fiance. DISTURBING VIDEO

A woman beaten for riding on a motorcycle with her Brother-in-Law, who was taking her to the doctor.

Taliban reportedly shoots and kill Afghan woman for not wearing burqa

Daughter Describes Watching the Taliban Beat Mother to Death After She Said She Couldn't Cook for Them

Taliban Sets a Woman on Fire for Her Bad Cooking

Afghan mom blinded by Taliban claims they feed women’s bodies to dogs

Should I continue? This seriously makes me sick...Just to note as well. This administration is relying on the Taliban to allow safe passage for those who wish to continue to leave the country. We, along with 100+ other countries as well, wrote a sternly worded letter to them to let them know our expectations that they behave...

Actually it is worse for American women. At least in Afghanistan they all suffer the same fundamentalist misogyny, there is some company in grief. IN the USA if you can afford it you can have an abortion any time, anywhere. But if you are poor AND POC and pregnant, well, too bad for you. A great way to divide and create hate and fear. GOP has honed that weapon to a fine point. It is going to turn around and poke them where it hurts - at Election.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I read that conservatives were celebrating the Taliban overthrow of the Afghan government as an indication that they could do the same here.
Yeah? Where'd you read that?

Old 09-03-2021, 08:45 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I think the progressive left has completely hit a wall. Now they’re just wildly lashing out like that soft-helmeted kid you see running down the hall of a school shouting BEEP BEEP at everybody.

When your entire belief system is based on emotions and emotions are the domain of the more primitive and impulsive limbic brain that we share with mammals, you leave yourself prone to be led by your emotions which leaves your life an undisciplined mess of chasing one high after another, excessive drama, and a rollercoaster of chaos which these people wrongfully want to blame on some Boogeyman when in the end it's their philosophy of obsessing over feelings that is to blame. Growth requires emotional labor. Doing things you don't want to do until they become habits and you are fine with doing them.... Good friends, parents, or leaders will set you in the right path by giving sound advice you may not want to hear as opposed to telling you what you want to hear because it makes you feel good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies