Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 07:58 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a growing number of Liberals who think it is appropriate to compare anyone on the right to the freaking Taliban. Hell Joy Reid on MSNBC just welcomed a guest to her show who was proclaiming just that. MSNBC's Joy Reid promotes guest who calls Texas pro-lifers the 'new American Taliban'

Then you have these people who think the suffering of women in the USA is comparable, if not worse, than the suffering of women in Afghanistan. You can't make this stuff up.

Quote:
Don’t you find it odd that women in America are being treated worse than women in Afghanistan? We wasted 2trillion dollars plus to go into Afghanistan to liberate their women and children? Something ain’t right here folks. Are you catching on yet?
https://twitter.com/StellaParton/sta...20517344038912
Quote:
The American Taliban having the gall to talk about Afghan Taliban infringing on women's rights is the epitome of irony
https://twitter.com/oXxRowanxXo/stat...40752980992001

Just in case anyone needs a reminder...This is who the Taliban is:

Under Sharia Law a woman got stoned to death for having premarital sex with her fiance. DISTURBING VIDEO

A woman beaten for riding on a motorcycle with her Brother-in-Law, who was taking her to the doctor.

Taliban reportedly shoots and kill Afghan woman for not wearing burqa

Daughter Describes Watching the Taliban Beat Mother to Death After She Said She Couldn't Cook for Them

Taliban Sets a Woman on Fire for Her Bad Cooking

Afghan mom blinded by Taliban claims they feed women’s bodies to dogs

Should I continue? This seriously makes me sick...Just to note as well. This administration is relying on the Taliban to allow safe passage for those who wish to continue to leave the country. We, along with 100+ other countries as well, wrote a sternly worded letter to them to let them know our expectations that they behave...

Old 09-03-2021, 08:03 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
First they embrace muslims, now they compare the right to muslims. They don't know where they stand on anything. The extreme left and extreme right have more in common with each other than anyone in the middle. You tend to only adopt extreme political positions when your life is not going well and you are looking for a scapegoat or something to fit in with. Then herd mentality takes over and you have the Taliban.... or antifa rioters, or (insert group here.)

Old 09-03-2021, 08:06 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
If the shoe fits, and it does.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:14 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
There seems to be a growing number of Liberals who think it is appropriate to compare anyone on the right to the freaking Taliban. Hell Joy Reid on MSNBC just welcomed a guest to her show who was proclaiming just that. MSNBC's Joy Reid promotes guest who calls Texas pro-lifers the 'new American Taliban'

Then you have these people who think the suffering of women in the USA is comparable, if not worse, than the suffering of women in Afghanistan. You can't make this stuff up.

https://twitter.com/StellaParton/sta...20517344038912

https://twitter.com/oXxRowanxXo/stat...40752980992001

Just in case anyone needs a reminder...This is who the Taliban is:

Under Sharia Law a woman got stoned to death for having premarital sex with her fiance. DISTURBING VIDEO

A woman beaten for riding on a motorcycle with her Brother-in-Law, who was taking her to the doctor.

Taliban reportedly shoots and kill Afghan woman for not wearing burqa

Daughter Describes Watching the Taliban Beat Mother to Death After She Said She Couldn't Cook for Them

Taliban Sets a Woman on Fire for Her Bad Cooking

Afghan mom blinded by Taliban claims they feed women’s bodies to dogs

Should I continue? This seriously makes me sick...Just to note as well. This administration is relying on the Taliban to allow safe passage for those who wish to continue to leave the country. We, along with 100+ other countries as well, wrote a sternly worded letter to them to let them know our expectations that they behave...
The conservatives in Texas are definitely the Taliban in a different country and different clothes. The same mindset just a different area. I don't care if you don't like it. You then are part of the problem. Im no liberal or conservative. Im a libertarian who firmly believes govt should stay out of peoples lives. None of your business or the state or feds what I do. My body my choice in so many ways.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:19 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
I wouldn't put too much stock in it. The same people comparing conservatives to the Taliban also think Mao and Stalin are heroes.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadysBackTellAFriend View Post
The Taliban are Right Wing Conservative Religious Fundamentalists under a different brand and reside in a war torn country.
Other difference between conservatives and the Taliban: all the legal physical abuse and murder against women, not allowing women or girls to go to school, not allowing women to leave the house alone, not allowing women to work outside the home in most cases, legalized rape and arranged marriage....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
If the shoe fits, and it does.
Restricting abortion ≠ all the multitude of offenses against women that you don't seem to care about that happen daily in Afghanistan

Way to trivialize the TRUE suffering of women in countries where women are actually suffering.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:22 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
They call us Nazi's, Fascists, Taliban, ect... When in reality, leftist policies and the control they wield (and want to wield) over the general public, as well as their media that stifles free speech, is far closer to any of those three before mentioned entities than anything any conservative wants. Democrats are either too dumb to see it, or they play dumb. Tear down another statue you loser leftist Taliban freaks.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:23 AM

36 posts, read 13,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Other difference between conservatives and the Taliban: all the legal physical abuse and murder against women, not allowing women or girls to go to school, not allowing women to leave the house alone, not allowing women to work outside the home in most cases, legalized rape and arranged marriage....

Restricting abortion ≠ all the multitude of offenses against women that you don't seem to care about that happen daily in Afghanistan

Way to trivialize the TRUE suffering of women in countries where women are actually suffering.
The Taliban are just religious fundies in a country with less regulations.

Give people like Westboro Baptist Church free reign with no consequences and watch what happens.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
The conservatives in Texas are definitely the Taliban in a different country and different clothes. The same mindset just a different area. I don't care if you don't like it. You then are part of the problem. Im no liberal or conservative. Im a libertarian who firmly believes govt should stay out of peoples lives. None of your business or the state or feds what I do. My body my choice in so many ways.
Sorry, I must've missed the countless number of reports of conservatives stoning women who leave the house. Whipping women who look at them the wrong way. Beating women to death who have sex before marriage with their fiancé.

Are women still allowed to go to school in Texas? Have whatever job they want? Go outside wearing normal clothes? Go outside unaccompanied? Listen to music? Choose who they get married to? Wear makeup?

Old 09-03-2021, 08:26 AM

17,602 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Liberals hate Americans who disagree with them far more than they hate terrorists. Democrats and terrorists share a common goal of destroying the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies