Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 09:01 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
It is not FDA approved to treat COVID. The drug is approved for its traditional use. It is established as an anti parasitic in humans and in animals.
Yes, I know. But Covid isn't a parasite so why are people even taking it for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 09:01 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Lies, Over 6 billion doses of ivermectin have been given to human since it’s inception. There’s been six related deaths due to allergic reactions. Motrin, and over the counter medication has killed over 618 people since it’s inception and it’s only been around half as long. Lol get your facts straight. In fact ivermectin is considered one of the safest medication ever put into production. Statistically speaking it is the safest medication ever put into production.

And then Italian study they gave 350 front line doctors and nurses either placebo or ivermectin to take as a prophylactic. Of the 175 doctors and nurses that were on the placebo, 60 of them became infected with the virus. Of the 175 that were taking the daily dose of ivermectin, zero of them became infected with the virus. Doing the same job. If you want more evidence just go research India and the transition away from the Delta variant. They did it with ivermectin by the way.

Stop lying and calling this medication a horse or cow dewormer. It’s not the same. It is Manufactured and produced for human consumption and it’s not the same ivermectin in the exact same format that is used for livestock. Stop the propaganda and disinformation.

It is not approved for COVID-19. The people that do that are much smarter than you!

Old 09-03-2021, 09:02 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm amused by the same folks pushing Ivermectin, being the same folks that said that Covid was a nothing burger that was no worse than a cold.
Define "pushing" and provide specific examples including "nothing burger" and "no worse than a cold."

The understanding is and always has been that it was much like "a bad flu," which I can attest to. Actually, in my case, it was more like a mild flu that just held on a little longer than usual.

Whatever I had about three years ago (not the flu, tested) knocked me on my butt completely for two solid weeks. Could barely stand up. With this, I missed half a day of work and got tired easily for a while. My o2 never got under 95, and it's usually at 97-98. I smoke 1-2 packs a day, cut down to under 1 while I was sick (addiction is a heck of a thing).

I know that a lot of people got it worse than I did. My wife and her mother, for instance. For them, it's like a bad flu.

A lot more people have few or no symptoms. I was talking to a very good friend who lives in California the other night and he mentioned that he's been coughing for two weeks. I started probing and with all the symptoms he has, he pretty much has to have covid. Only main symptom missing is a fever, otherwise he's a textbook case. He had no idea. He doesn't feel that bad. He's in his early 60s.

Again, what does "pushing Ivermectin" mean, exactly, who are these "same folks" and give some examples of them calling covid a "nothing burger" and "no worse than a cold." If you were seeing that, ask the people who put it in front of you why they chose to present the most extreme examples of whatever point they were trying to make, instead of what the general discussion in those circles was actually about.

You know, I'll fill you in on a little secret. You can actually seek out those conversations and observe them. You don't have to rely on someone else summarizing them for you, potentially missing important information or even maliciously lying to you about it. Don't share this secret, though. We don't want everyone doing that!

Old 09-03-2021, 09:03 PM

2,034 posts, read 852,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
A very misleading post. The facts are that vaccinated people get infected at a much much much lower rate and if they do get infected it is a less serious case.
You don’t read. I said the trend or flip is underway. Read what I actually wrote. That was true in August it is not holding true in September and it will continue to get worse. And we won’t even get into natural immunity. The vaccination that you sell, only recognizes an individual spike proteins, while natural immunity is able to recognize the virus as a whole. Natural immunity will work for a lifetime in varying degrees against many variants. Your vaccine, once the spike proteins change which they do with each variant will open the door for a super infection. Your immune system won’t even know it’s been invaded. That day is coming.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I know the person that runs the COVID-19 department at the local hospital where I live. Her tune is changing as we speak. Last month on august 1st, She informed me that they only had one vaccinated patient that was hospitalized and approximately 22 no we’re not vaccinated.

September 1st the stats are now 66 hospitalized with 22 of them having been fully vaccinated. 12 patients currently under critical care, 4 have been fully vaccinated.

The flip is happening. You’ll start seeing statistics like this pop up and more and more parts of the country. In places like Michigan, and a community in Arizona they are already over 50% of those hospitalized received full vaccination.

By the time some of you pull your heads out of the sand it’s gonna be too late. More than ever those that are vaccinated need to start therapeutics immediately if you become infected. In fact you should be taking therapeutics before you even become infected. It won’t be long before that vaccine begins working completely against you just like it did in all the animals that are dead now that they tested during development of that vaccine that you put in your veins.

Ivermectin is the snake oil of 2021.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:04 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,762,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Many doctors who work with Covid patients are in favor of it, as part of a drug cocktail. Some are not. I don't see the problem with doctors having differing opinions on treating a virus we are still learning about. If a doctor prescribes it off label, in a safe amount, when the alternative is to do nothing...why is that bad? Doing nothing seems ridiculous.
Administering a medication that doesn’t work and will not resolve any of the patients symptoms is WRONG and ridiculous.

That’s like giving a patient Allopurinol to treat chest pains because the patient read online that it would work.

Those “doctors” that are prescribing Ivermectin when they know it won’t work are doing it to keep the patient “happy” because he got his Ivermectin. Some people want the doctor to tell them what they want to hear.

Not me. I prefer a truth telling physician even if he/she has the bedside manner of a bedbug.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:06 PM

Here’s What You Need to Know about Ivermectin

• The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.
  • Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.
  • Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous.
  • If your health care provider writes you an ivermectin prescription, fill it through a legitimate source such as a pharmacy, and take it exactly as prescribed.
  • Never use medications intended for animals on yourself or other people. Animal ivermectin products are very different from those approved for humans. Use of animal ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in humans is dangerous.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19

Old 09-03-2021, 09:07 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
You don’t read. I said the trend or flip is underway. Read what I actually wrote. That was true in August it is not holding true in September and it will continue to get worse. And we won’t even get into natural immunity. The vaccination that you sell, only recognizes an individual spike proteins, while natural immunity is able to recognize the virus as a whole. Natural immunity will work for a lifetime in varying degrees against many variants. Your vaccine, once the spike proteins change which they do with each variant will open the door for a super infection. Your immune system won’t even know it’s been invaded. That day is coming.
What qualifications do you have to come to this conclusion.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:08 PM

"While some studies have shown promise, experts say the more scientifically rigorous studies conducted to date more frequently find no connection between use of ivermectin and improved COVID-19 recoveries."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/08/13/fact-check-ivermectin-not-proven-covid-19-treatment/5566216001/

Old 09-03-2021, 09:10 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Those “doctors” that are prescribing Ivermectin when they know it won’t work are doing it to keep the patient “happy” because he got his Ivermectin. Some people want the doctor to tell them what they want to hear.
My mother in law didn't request anything specific. She called her doctor and told him she was coughing and living in a house with two people with covid, and he sent in some prescriptions. We were already monitoring her vitals and continue to do so.

It helped, by the way, your "smugness" not withstanding. She's improving. And she's 81 with several serious pre-existing issues.

It's unfortunate that someone so proud to be in that industry is so misled about what's actually going on out there, in the real world, rather than in the world of academia and government approvals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies