Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 05:37 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,522,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’ve heard that some offices are mandating the vaccine to be seen by a dr. If you have to be seen by a dr once a year to continue your blood pressure meds etc can they stop refills if you can’t go in because you are not vaccinated?
I assume you have to be seen because the doctor wants to take your blood pressure before deciding whether to issue a new prescription?

I take Lipitor to control high cholesterol and usually see the doctor once a year to get a new prescription. In May it was a telephone appointment instead. However there was no need to meet in person as the doctor’s decision to renew was solely based on the results of lab work (blood and urine tests) which he had in front of him during the telephone appointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 05:39 PM

23,863 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Without giving any medical advice, I'll just say that there are web-based medical services out there which don't suffer from the same kind of local pressures that your regular doctor might be subject to. They're reasonably priced cash based options for people who don't need to see a doctor in person to acquire the treatment they're seeking.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering...

Old 09-03-2021, 05:46 PM

19,799 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Layden,

If things ever get to that, you might as well throw the hippocratic oath in the garbage can.
Yep.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:15 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,618,697 times
Quote:
I’ve heard that some offices are mandating the vaccine to be seen by a dr. If you have to be seen by a dr once a year to continue your blood pressure meds etc can they stop refills if you can’t go in because you are not vaccinated?
I have never heard of this mandate before from a Doctor.
At the most I've been asked is to please wear a Mask when visiting.
They then take your Temp and ask if you have had COVID like Symptoms recently.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I have never heard of this mandate before from a Doctor.
At the most I've been asked is to please wear a Mask when visiting.
They then take your Temp and ask if you have had COVID like Symptoms recently.
I haven't been to the doctor in about 6 months but that is what they did.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:58 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
If they can then it's only fair to say they can stop prescribing meds to smokers who don't quit, the obese who won't diet and exercise, heavy drinkers, illegal drug users......................

Old 09-04-2021, 09:37 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, they can stop refills if their policy is that nobody goes in without being vaccinated. They want to see you annually before they prescribe your meds again. They won't just extend the prescription.

To put your mind at ease, I would call and ask if they're seeing long-standing patients who have not been vaccinated. They'll probably say yes. I don't think the majority are turning people away.
Many doctors offices are also offering virtual appointments.

Old 09-04-2021, 01:57 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Not my dr. I’ve heard about it from someone else though.

Who probably heard it from someone else, rumors start that way

Old 09-04-2021, 02:09 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,127,317 times
Quote:
A doctor, pretty much any doctor (KWIM), not one specific doctor. You are allowed to change doctors for just about any reason you want to, although your insurance company might have some input on that. If you don't like the policies at one office, switch to one that has a different policy, it's that easy.

Old 09-04-2021, 02:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Many doctors offices are also offering virtual appointments.
True. I've only heard of two doctors offices that said you had to be vaccinated in order to enter and one of those was a pediatrician's office. I'm not sure either person even thought about asking if they could do their visit virtually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies