Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 10:04 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’ve heard that some offices are mandating the vaccine to be seen by a dr. If you have to be seen by a dr once a year to continue your blood pressure meds etc can they stop refills if you can’t go in because you are not vaccinated?
Slavery is immoral.

The doctor owns his skills, labor and body. He is also the recognized representative as the property owner when inside his office as he sees patients.

You aren’t entitled to his time, labor, or skills. You can’t enter his office without his permission.

Go elsewhere.

Slavery is immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 11:35 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
You are woefully ignorant. Physicians' fiduciary responsibility to patients entails an obligation to support continuity of care for their patients. At the beginning of patient-physician relationship, the physician should alert the patient to any foreseeable impediments to continuity of care. This is a tried and true practice amongst physicians especially if you're an established patient.

(i) To continuity of care. Patients should be able to expect that their physician will cooperate in
coordinating medically indicated care with other health care professionals, and that the physician
will not discontinue treating them when further treatment is medically indicated without giving
them sufficient notice and reasonable assistance
in making alternative arrangements for care.
AMA Principles of Medical Ethics: I,IV,V,VIII,IX

Old 09-05-2021, 03:02 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I certainly wasn't refused an appointment to see about getting my BP meds refilled but since it had been 1 1/2 years (and one telehealth refill) new blood tests were mandatory before she'd do it again.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:36 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Layden,

If things ever get to that, you might as well throw the hippocratic oath in the garbage can.
The majority of Drs don't take the hippocratic oath. Its just a membership pledge that doesn't mean anything legally.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:03 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,563,757 times
Quote:
I’ve heard that some offices are mandating the vaccine to be seen by a dr. If you have to be seen by a dr once a year to continue your blood pressure meds etc can they stop refills if you can’t go in because you are not vaccinated?
I work for a Dr and I haven't heard that happening in our community. With that being said, people need to get over themselves and get the vaccine. Let's get this virus over and done with and get on with a normal life.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
That would be a violation of the hippocratic oath "do no harm".... not that the left puts any stock in oaths or anything else. It also goes against individual rights and everything this country stands for. What's next? Can't go to grocery store without your shots? I've heard that's already happening in other parts of the world.
We've lost our minds. This virus has killed a few million people out of 7 billion in the world....and we're trading away all of our freedoms.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:45 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Find another doctor if you don't like it.

Your doctor isn't required to serve you.

Old 09-05-2021, 10:18 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I work for a Dr and I haven't heard that happening in our community. With that being said, people need to get over themselves and get the vaccine. Let's get this virus over and done with and get on with a normal life.
not going to be over and done with. These "vaccines" are only a temporary measure at best. If you work in a drs office you should know about the other different versions of this virus thats making the rounds. Good old MU is found in most states according to the CDC and they arent sure if the " vaccines" have any effect on this variant. The vaccinated are getting sick, sometimes very sick and spreading the virus! so stopping picking on the unvaccinated. At least they are honest. Not so the vaccinated!

Old 09-06-2021, 05:58 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
True. I've only heard of two doctors offices that said you had to be vaccinated in order to enter and one of those was a pediatrician's office. I'm not sure either person even thought about asking if they could do their visit virtually.
How in the world can a pediatric office require their patients be vaccinated in order to be seen? Sounds like you heard a doozy!

Old 09-06-2021, 06:18 PM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
This question would have never come up before the Biden world. have we REALLY slid into the abyss of stupid insanity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies