Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 01:00 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Not sure of your point, but no. The only place I post to is here. I'm not even on Facebook or Twitter.

And if your point is that conservative sites are as bad as the liberal one I visited, I should point out that it is not advertised as a liberal site. It's just advertised as a place to discuss politics.
Uhm....geez, just like PoC...people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Sounds pretty much like this forum.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:05 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
No one, literally not one person said that either side (left or right) don't have echo chambers and don't self police their respective corners.

You also admit you have zero experience in forums, so I'm not sure exactly what conclusion you think you can draw with nothing to contrast or compare it to.

However, some, myself included have major doubts about your story as frankly it all starts falling apart the more you talk.
Agreed, although FB and sites like them are extremely liberal biased. The fact that twitter banned a former POTUS, and yet lets a terrorist organization to still be on their platform should be an eye opener, regardless of whatever side one is on. Again, it is all their choice to do this, but it should be all one needs to know about these platforms, and people should be aware, not ignorant about this.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:02 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No offence, but I seen the same thing with Republican sites. They seem to be dead set against Marijuana being legalized and when you question it, they accuse you of being a pothead. I personally never smoked the stuff a day in my life. But from personal experiences, I'd rather Marijuana be legalized and alcohol be banned. But the Republicans never talk about that.

I also would voice my support of the LGBT community and they accuse me of being a Satan worshipper. I then retaliate by saying that God told us it's not our job to judge, but to love, and they bounce back with "you don't know what you are talking about". They also think just because someone is Arab, they are automatically a radical Islamic type. They don't seem to grasp that most Muslim and normal Islam tends to be no better or worse than The Amish.
Ok, a few points.

First, even if your perspective is accurate, one clear distinction is, not having your post removed, with "2nd offenses" resulting in being banned (as the OP pointed out at the liberal site). It use to be that both ideologies in America cherished freedom of speech/expression. Now only classic liberals believe in it from the left.

Second, I am not sure how advocating for homosexuals equates into you being accused of satan worship. The religious people on either side may think homosexuality is a sin, but many people sin, and forgiveness of such should never equate to satanism.
Maybe you have brought up religion, or if they say "sinful behavior", you retorted from a religious perspective.
Otherwise I cannot see how the two conflate.

Lastly, while most Muslims are not terrorists, Islam practiced by the faithful is not like Christianity/Judaism by a long shot. That is especially true of modern Christianity, as it relates to homos, women, raising children, etc.
Additionally, the Amish were a bad example, as they do not protolyze, are happy living their life without outside interference, even with sinners all around them, and do not believe in violence. There is no special sect of Amish jihadists.

---

I am curious what liberal forum the OP went to
I could try reasoned debate as a right leaning person, hopefully without getting banned. That is of course is so long as it is not twitter/FB type of social media.
Then it wouldn't be worth the effort.

`

Old 09-10-2021, 07:09 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am curious what liberal forum the OP went to
A FB page. You know, the bastion of liberalism. Because there isn't any right leaning speak allowed on FB. And I'm sure someone's personal group / page moderated by the people that started it is the next coming of free speech and open ideas.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:51 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
Agree 100%.

Anything that challenges I.Q. is easier to delete than to debate...................

Old 09-11-2021, 01:50 AM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Couple of notes.

You're conflating conservatives with Republicans. You shouldn't do that. You're misleading yourself. Republicans haven't been very conservative for most, if not all of my life. There's a reason that the term "Democrat Lite" exists.

Second, you're just wrong about what you think that other people think. Talk to more people. Those who agree with you don't really care enough about it to involve themselves in time consuming online discussions about it.

It's like product reviews. People are quick to jump online and complain, but how many people are that interested in telling the world that the product works as advertised? You only see the negative. The disagreement. You don't see the agreement, which is much wider than you think on that issue.

Didn't you vote for Trump ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.