Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 05:21 PM

5,498 posts, read 2,236,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

I don't know of any other vaccine that was recommended more than once a year.

There are several

Old 09-04-2021, 05:23 PM

4,129 posts, read 2,817,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Knowing him, the translation is he'll get it and tell his base he did not, then we'll find out a month later that he got it immediately.
Exactly

Old 09-04-2021, 05:30 PM

8,192 posts, read 3,390,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
There are several
It is not typical.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:34 PM

39,002 posts, read 51,001,044 times
Quote:
Maybe there is a cumulative effect, and maybe the more of these vaccines you get the more chance of serious side effects.

I don't know of any other vaccine that was recommended more than once a year. And considering long term effects are still unknown, it seems reckless.
Shingrix. Now you do. Actually it is rather common to have more than one shot on a new regimen. What is not typical is having a second shot 3-4 weeks after a first one. Usually it is 2-6 months or more. That could be why the immunity seems to wane. Waiting longer for the second might have resulted in a more durable immunity, but at the cost of lower initial immunity. So we will line up for our third (I already cut the line and got mine) and hopefully it will protect us for a long time. If not, we will get another - probably by then more specific to the mutations we have seen.

Trump will get one when his doc advises him. He ain't dying on that hill. He is not nearly as stupid as his devotees.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:39 PM

8,334 posts, read 4,314,766 times
With safe and effective vaccines against the coronavirus, choosing infection over vaccination violates every principle of public health — and common sense. Even if infection yielded the same or better protection than the vaccine, it makes no sense to risk severe illness and death — not to mention spreading the virus to others.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:41 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,580,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
During and interview with the WSJ yesterday, President Trump said he "probably won't" get a "vaccine" booster shot. That does not sound like a vote of confidence.
Why is this News?

Who cares whether he does or not?

Old 09-04-2021, 05:47 PM

8,642 posts, read 11,013,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why is this News?

Who cares whether he does or not?
why bother replying?

Old 09-04-2021, 05:57 PM

15,484 posts, read 10,412,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Trump is a former president and a billionaire. Anyone who thinks those people get the same care as you or I is a fool. It doesn't matter what shots Trump or Biden or anyone else in that class gets, because THEY have a COMPLETELY different medical care experience than YOU.
Well that's true too. Take Rand Paul for example, he had Covid and hasn't gotten the vaccine (last I heard anyway). But, I guarantee he's getting his levels tested frequently, he's no dummy either. I'm sure when they go down, if they do, he'll get the jab.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:01 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,399,959 times
Quote:
So WHY are people who already had covid being told to get a vaccine anyway?
There is variability if the immune response, some people have a very robust response the first time they are exposed but many do not, and the immune system's ability to protect is not the same for everyone.

That is where the second dose of vaccine helps (for those who only had the vaccine). The second dose maximizes the immune response.

I read one article which suggested that one dose of the vaccine after having been sick with Covid might equal (or even be better than) two doses of the vaccine.

The thing is, we have had time to study the long term protection afforded by the vaccine, and there is some concern that the immune response weakens over time. This is a change in the human immune system, it is not about the vaccine 'wearing out' or anything like that, the vaccine is physically gone shortly after it is administered. This is totally about how your own (and my own) immune system works.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:05 PM

101 posts, read 96,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
During and interview with the WSJ yesterday, President Trump said he "probably won't" get a "vaccine" booster shot. That does not sound like a vote of confidence.
Yep, ONE SALINE shot is enough. Who you think your fooling Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies